2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
This topic is about Murder on Lexington Avenue
Archives - Group Reads > Murder on Lexington Avenue by Victoria Thompson (Gaslight Mystery #12) - December 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Nov 30, 2018 02:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10640 comments Mod
When a wealthy businessman is murdered, Detective Sergeant Frank Malloy is assigned to investigate, even though the crime is out of his jurisdiction. The reason he soon realizes, is that the man has a deaf daughter—and it is well known that Malloy’s own son attends the New York Institution for the Deaf and Dumb.

The victim sent the girl to a rival institution, with different views on the deaf, and was an influential supporter of their program. So it is possible that the killer might be affiliated with his son’s school. Or it might be a family member. Or a business rival. It’s a difficult case—but one that Malloy is sure will not involve Sarah Brandt. Until the new widow goes into labor while he is interviewing her, and refuses to send for her own physician...

So Malloy calls upon Sarah. Finding herself in an unfamiliar world, where those who can hear refuse to listen to those who cannot, she must determine who is right and who is innocent before she and Malloy can ever hope to find the killer.

Book Discussion

Looks like Sarah is back to being front and center!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments Just ordered from the library.
The summary above looks good!

Robin (robinmy) | 2247 comments It does look like another winner.

I’m starting this now!

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments It's now in my bookbag :-)

Lauren, you’ll be happy to know that Sarah is very much back in the thick of things.

The discussion questions are now posted!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "Lauren, you’ll be happy to know that Sarah is very much back in the thick of things."

Fantastic!
Thanks Jonetta :)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I need to get this one read, now that discussion questions are posted. I just had to read another Julia Spencer-Fleming book first.

[ONE WAS A SOLDIER - A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne Mystery]. very good reading from this author, as usual.

✨ Vittoria ✨ | 146 comments Starting this one today - I'm going to wait for the other participants to post their comments on the discussion thread since it's a re-read for me ^^

Phrynne | 289 comments Reading it right now:)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments Started this one last night, sigh. More lost sleep....