Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2019 Plans > Jennifer's 2019 ATY Goals

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 10, 2020 04:58PM) (new)

Jennifer Maloney (desertrose0601) COMPLETED: 48/52

★★★★★
The Freedom Maze by Delia Sherman Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry Bird Box (Bird Box, #1) by Josh Malerman Educated by Tara Westover Dark Matter by Blake Crouch Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Call Me By Your Name (Call Me By Your Name, #1) by André Aciman Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #1) by Ann Brashares

★★★★
What Light by Jay Asher How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1) by Adriana Mather Listen to Me (Fusion, #1) by Kristen Proby A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab The Borrowers (The Borrowers, #1) by Mary Norton Paperback Crush The Totally Radical History of '80s and '90s Teen Fiction by Gabrielle Moss You Must Not Miss by Katrina Leno A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, #1) by Hank Green A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett Wonder (Wonder, #1) by R.J. Palacio The Walking Dead, Vol. 3 Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Institute by Stephen King When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit (Out of the Hitler Time, #1) by Judith Kerr Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock

★★★
What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli Attachments by Rainbow Rowell The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare Elevation by Stephen King The Summer of Cotton Candy (A Sweet Seasons Novel) by Debbie Viguié The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum Again, but Better by Christine Riccio A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski

★★
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1) by Kate Williams The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

===================

1. A book that was nominated for or won an award in a genre you enjoy
The Freedom Maze ★★★★★

2. A book with one of the 5 W's in the title (Who, What, Where, When, Why)
What Light ★★★★

3. A book where the author’s name contains A, T, and Y
What If It's Us ★★★

4. A book with a criminal character (i.e. assassin, pirate, thief, robber, scoundrel etc)
Scythe ★★★★★

5. A book by Shakespeare or inspired by Shakespeare
Twelfth Night ★★★★

6. A book with a dual timeline
Bird Box ★★★★★

7. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #1
How to Hang a Witch ★★★★

8. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #2
The Witch of Blackbird Pond ★★★

9. A book from one of the top 5 money making genres (romance/erotica, crime/mystery, religious/inspirational, science fiction/fantasy or horror)
Listen to Me ★★★★

10. A book featuring an historical figure
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

11. A book related to one of the 12 Zodiac Chinese Animals (title, cover, subject)
When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit ★★★★

12. A book about reading, books or an author/writer
Paperback Crush: The Totally Radical History of '80s and '90s Teen Fiction ★★★★

13. A book that is included on a New York Public Library Staff Picks list
Educated ★★★★★

14. A book with a title, subtitle or cover relating to an astronomical term
Elevation ★★★

15. A book by an author from a Mediterranean country or set in a Mediterranean country
Call Me By Your Name★★★★★

16. A book told from multiple perspectives
Attachments ★★★

17. A speculative fiction (i.e. fantasy, scifi, horror, dystopia)
A Darker Shade of Magic ★★★★

18. A book related to one of the elements on the periodic table of elements
The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls

19. A book by an author who has more than one book on your TBR
Stay Sweet ★★★★

20. A book featuring indigenous people of a country
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian ★★★

21. A book from one of the polarizing or close call votes
(A book you meant to read in 2018)
An Absolutely Remarkable Thing ★★★★

22. A book with a number in the title or on the cover
Daisy Jones & The Six ★★★★

23. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #1 Something Old
(book I've owned for a long time)
Gimme a Call ★★★

24. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #2 Something New
(newly published book)
The Babysitters Coven ★★

25. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #3 Something Borrowed
("borrow" in the title)
The Borrowers ★★★★

26. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #4 Something Blue
("blue" in the title)
Island of the Blue Dolphins ★★

27. A book off of the 1001 books to read before you die list
The Little Prince ★★

28. A book related to something cold (i.e. theme, title, author, cover, etc.)
Dark Matter ★★★★★

29. A book published before 1950
The Marvelous Land of Oz ★★★

30. A book featuring an elderly character
Catching Christmas ★★★★

31. A children’s classic you’ve never read
Wonder ★★★★

32. A book with more than 500 pages
The Institute ★★★★

33. A book you have owned for at least a year, but have not read yet
A Little Princess ★★★★

34. A book with a person's name in the title
Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine ★★★★★

35. A psychological thriller
A Simple Favor ★★★★

36. A book featured on an NPR Best Books of the Year list
A Head Full of Ghosts ★★★

37. A book set in a school or university
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit ★★

38. A book not written in traditional novel format (poetry, essay, epistolary, graphic novel, etc)
The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars ★★★★

39. A book with a strong sense of place or where the author brings the location/setting to life
You Must Not Miss ★★★★

40. A book you stumbled upon
The Love That Split the World ★★★★★

41. A book from the 2018 GR Choice Awards
The Kiss Quotient ★★★

42. A book with a monster or "monstrous" character
Fledgling ★★

43. A book related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) [fiction or nonfiction]
All Our Wrong Todays ★★★★

44. A book related in some way to a tv show/series or movie you enjoyed (same topic, same era, book appeared in the show/movie, etc.)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ★★★★★

45. A multi-generational saga
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

46. A book with a (mostly) black cover
Ninth House ★★★★

47. A book related to food (i.e. title, cover, plot, etc.)
The Summer of Cotton Candy ★★★

48. A book that was a finalist or winner for the National Book Award for any year
Station Eleven ★★★★★

49. A book written by a Far East Asian author or set in a Far East Asian country
Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse

50. A book that includes a journey (physical, health, or spiritual)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz ★★★★

51. A book published in 2019
Again, but Better ★★★

52. A book with a weird or intriguing title
Where the Crawdads Sing ★★★★★

-----
52 BOOK GOAL:

The Freedom Maze by Delia Sherman What Light by Jay Asher Willa of the Wood (Willa, #1) by Robert Beatty Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton Craven Manor by Darcy Coates The Haunting of Rookward House by Darcy Coates Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes Lilac Girls (Lilac Girls, #1) by Martha Hall Kelly Charlotte's Web by E.B. White Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury Educated by Tara Westover Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett The Castle by Sophia Bennett The Help by Kathryn Stockett Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie One by Sarah Crossan 1984 by George Orwell Old Yeller by Fred Gipson Emily of New Moon (Emily, #1) by L.M. Montgomery The Borrowers (The Borrowers, #1) by Mary Norton Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell Little Women by Louisa May Alcott A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (The Hundred-Year-Old Man, #1) by Jonas Jonasson The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2) by Paullina Simons The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2) by Carolyn Keene Including Alice (Alice, #16) by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn Amal Unbound by Aisha Saeed The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2 Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, #1) by Hank Green Christine by Stephen King The Martian by Andy Weir The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott Fat Chance Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease by Robert H. Lustig Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward Ink (Paper Gods, #1) by Amanda Sun Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert Again, but Better by Christine Riccio The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Maloney (desertrose0601) It's my favorite time of year! Sorting and resorting my upcoming challenge list. :D

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Maloney (desertrose0601) Alright I’m calling it. 48 finished. I have too many other books I’d rather mood-read to bother finishing this list. 😂 I did get further into this challenge than I ever have in years’ past though! So for that I’m happy!