Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > Anthology

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by R.L. (new)

R.L. Jackson (authorrljackson) | 67 comments Mod
Anyone interested in doing an anthology? Books would be uploaded to your own KDP so you control sal income and linked by series name and number. More details coming soon, but wanted a general idea of interest in this sort of thing.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments I would be interested in more information, certainly.

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1233 comments Mod
Count me in- and Brit said she'd be interesting in getting her feet wet with something like this.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 66 comments I'm interested.

message 5: by Carole (new)

Great! RL's working on a templet for us all.

message 6: by R.L. (new)

Anthology details:
*15K word minimum
*Set in fictional supernatural town (more details for those who sign up)
*Romance tropes (you can choose from the list provided) but doesn't have to be "sweet romance", all genres accepted including erotica if that's your preference *wink, kink* LOL
*Blog Tour for the week of release and Facebook Ads ($20/author)
*.99 price point on each book
*Will require secret Facebook group membership for updates and communication about project and deadlines
*Will be wide released on ALL platforms
*Ebook only

We're doing this in an effort for more exposure. This will be quick and easy, editing and covers provided with author input at no additional cost. If interested please let me know as soon as you can. 4 of 10 spots already gone.

message 7: by Carole (new)

Well, this sounds like fun.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Thanks for the info, RL. I'll help out with promoting the anthology when it's ready, but I don't feel up to writing romance at present, so I'll leave participation to others.

This is a great idea and I hope it goes amazing and provides all participants with loads of sales and exposure.

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments I’m in, thanks guys :D

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky Benishek (becky_benishek) | 36 comments Interested, though don't know if I have enough time right now to do it justice, so at least will join Alex in promoting. :)

message 11: by Carole (new)

Thanks, guys!

message 12: by Dennis (last edited Dec 02, 2018 08:45AM) (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments RL and Carole,

Would love to join. A couple of questions:
Does there have to be romance?
What is a super natural town?

Can a pixie planet be considered a super natural town?
Here is an example for Dennis' story:

At the end of Mythicals, human Jack March is delighted when the pixie Sam declares her love for him. But what happens afterward? In my story, she proposes to him, and they journey to her planet for a pixie-style marriage, with some objection by her parents, who are dubious about the longevity of an interspecies marriage.

But then comes the baby!

Thank so much for the opportunity to join.

message 13: by R.L. (new)

Gonna lush the deadline for a May publish date. Everyone interested send me an email or DM so I can send you more info tomorrow.

message 14: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I'm in. I've just emailed you.

message 15: by Carole (new)

I've got 1200 words already.

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Carole wrote: "I've got 1200 words already."

You're amazing. I don't think I've written that much in the past fortnight, on anything except here on Goodreads, and maybe Twitter, lol.

message 17: by Carole (new)

Carole wrote: "

Thanks, Alex- I am in awe of all the books you've written in such a short time.

I am determined to have it finished before Christmas. I am nervous about it- writing a sort of romance."

message 18: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Best of luck on getting it done by Christmas. I wish I felt up to writing a romance so I could take part. Maybe in the future.

I consider myself a bit of a cheater since I had 2 years without either a computer or the internet so all the books I've released to date were actually written during that period, I've just had to polish them up and get them ready for release. The hardest part was already done.

message 19: by R.L. (new)

Dennis, no, it doesnt have to have a romantic trope since were switching to a diffferent type of year now. And supernatural means paranormal. there is a basis for this thats fully explained for those who want it

message 20: by Del (new)

Del Henderson | 1 comments I am interested and will send a private message.

message 21: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Carole wrote: "I've got 1200 words already."

I've got over 2000 words already (sticks tongue out!)

I'm not writing any more though until I have confirmation on whether I can still write Dr Kent and Terence. If not, I'll insert random dood names here and continue. Who am I writing?

message 22: by Carole (last edited Dec 05, 2018 05:51AM) (new)

You got the boys. I got JB Stratton the former football star- chapter 2

message 23: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments You do make me laugh, Debz, sounds like you're having fun.

message 24: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Carole wrote: "You got the boys. I got JB Stratton the former football star- chapter 2"

Excellent. I shall continue.

message 25: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Alex wrote: "You do make me laugh, Debz, sounds like you're having fun."

Alex, do you remember Mr Benn? Not that I'm completely ripping it off, I am however inspired by it. And those who haven't a clue what I'm talking about... (sticks tongue out)

message 26: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments D.J. wrote: "Alex wrote: "You do make me laugh, Debz, sounds like you're having fun."

Alex, do you remember Mr Benn? Not that I'm completely ripping it off, I am however inspired by it. And those who haven't a..."

I vaguely remember it, enough to be curious to read your story, lol.

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate Kelley | 1 comments Intersted!

message 28: by R.L. (new)

Kelly send me an email info@authorrljackson.com

message 29: by Carole (new)

word count- 3885- I'm just sayin'

message 30: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments 555 words for me haha! It's a start, right. ;)

message 31: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Wanders in, ignores Carole’s word count post and wanders out.

message 32: by Carole (new)

Great start, Erica.

Trying to motivate, Debz!!! I can't wait to see what you write!!!

message 33: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I’ll overtake you today I don’t have any work on. (Tongue firmly out and waggling.)

message 34: by Carole (last edited Dec 06, 2018 03:21AM) (new)

Great- This is fun.

The number to beat is 4910 as of this morning.

I also have a title- anyone whos interested check out the Facebooks page

message 35: by Carole (new)

I know we said electronic copies only- but if we put it in paperback? I can stock the swag bags with these for award shows I'm thinking MINISERIES!!!

Is there a problem for us all to include paperback as well on KDP?

message 36: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I can do paperback on KDP. We'll need a suitable cover though.

I am not going to beat your word count today. I'm only at 3100. It's gone 3pm and I'm beat.

message 37: by Carole (new)

Respectable, DJ- I'm impressed. I won't start working until two PM my time in three and a half hours.
At this rate, you should be finished five days, give or take a day or two? You are a word goddess!

That's incredible- Maybe you'll take on another set of characters???

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Wow! Great work DJ! I just reached 1393. Have to go get my oldest from school now. Hopefully I will have some time this afternoon during the kids' "rest time". I need to be doing housework but this is more fun. I am trying to come up with a pen name too so I can separate this and any other adult works from my children's books. So far everything I have come up with is the name of someone who has committed murder when I do a Google search. Not sure how to take that. haha

message 39: by Carole (last edited Dec 06, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Your middle name and the street where you live- Mine would be Karen Berry.

That means I'm related to the Duc du Berry, in my fantasy.

message 40: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Nice one Erica, keep going. I thought I was the only one who named things after murderers and famous people.

I'm at 4052.

Taking that example on pen names (which I don't need for this) I'd be Jane Arbuthnot. Jane Lesley or Jane Bladindon.

message 41: by Carole (new)

Nice!!

message 42: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments Is there a problem for us all to include paper..."

I am in for paperback as well as electronic.

message 43: by R.L. (new)

Dennis check your Facebook friend requests so I can add you to the group

message 44: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments Got it, and accepted. Thank you for the invitation.

message 45: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments Made it to 3712 today! I won't be able to write again until monday, but I am happy with my rough draft progress so far. Thank you Carole and D.J. for your help tying facts together. :)

message 46: by Carole (new)

6345 for me- I've got Rosealie in there if you want to look Erica!!
I think I've fallen in love with JB.

message 47: by Carole (new)

update
chapter 6

I know I've fallen in love with JB!

message 48: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 268 comments I couldn't sleep last night and decided to write some more. I passed the 5000 mark! Nice mention of Rosealie. When you fall in love with your character you know you are completely invested in your story. ;) I am liking JB a lot too.

message 49: by Carole (new)

YAY!!!! Great work- when a story, moves it really moves!!

Thanks, Erica. I'm glad you like JB. I am nervous - I don't usually write this genre- so until I get feedback I'll be insecure!!

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments I'm loving seeing you ladies compete in such a friendly way over your stories. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with for this anthology.

« previous 1

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread