What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Self Help Mid 1970s - Japanese Positive Attitude

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Mcintyre | 2 comments Looking for a specific book my Dad read that he says basically changed his life in the mid 1970s. (Not sure when it was published but definitely older than that)

It’s about the art of Japanese positive mental attitude to change from working for yourself and spouting your own benefits, to working to ensure the company succeeds. Best done by making that infectious and working with colleagues to achieve success together. There are some spiritual Japanese references in the book he said, but the main direction of the book is what jolted him into changing his attitude.

I love self help books and I’ve never heard my dad talk about a self help book so I’d really like to track it down and read it.

Can anyone help?

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Maybe a book by Wayne W. Dyer? He was writing self help books in the 1970's.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Mcintyre | 2 comments Thanks Lauri but I can’t seem to find any reference in any books where he talks about Japanese philosophy or culture 🤔

message 4: by Kris (last edited Dec 01, 2018 04:03PM) (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Kaizen - the Japanese approach to continuous improvement comes to mind, but it might be a loose match. Here's a discussion of the idea on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen