Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Moonskin
This topic is about Moonskin
Adding New Books > adding title to author profile/cover question/combining listings

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony J. Zingales (ajzingales) | 2 comments Hey there! I'm trying to tie my novel Moonskin to my profile. I am seeing two separate listings for the novel. Is it possible to combine those? Also, the cover is an older version. Is there any way to update it to current? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anthony

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17116 comments You don't have an author profile yet. You can claim it by clicking this link:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/conf...

If there is a new cover a new edition can be created.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13142 comments Looks like it was a team effort. I added the period after your middle initial, which allowed the books to be combined. I removed Sarah from the author slot since we don't list editors on fiction books.

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony J. Zingales (ajzingales) | 2 comments Excellent. I also used the link that Scott left in his post to provide the requested details. If I'm still missing anything, please let me know. I'm pretty new to goodreads. As the author, do I get any control over what the blurb says or which cover gets displayed on the page? I have a new blurb and a new cover since the original Moonskin listing was posted. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anthony

message 5: by Emily (last edited Dec 02, 2018 10:10AM) (new)

Emily | 13142 comments Once you are approved as a Goodreads author, you can edit your book data. Praise and reviews can't be included in book descriptions.
You can create what we call alternate cover editions with the new cover. You can set the default edition of the book by following these directions when you have control of the profile. (Only the author can set the default edition)
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

EDIT: I read the description and took out the reference to your website. (Links can't go in the description field.) Instead, I put it in the URL field.