Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 89 comments Chapter 5: The White Rider

Chapter 6: The King of the Golden Hall

Chapter 7: Helm's Deep

Chapter 8: The Road to Isenguard

message 2: by James (new)

James Mullen | 103 comments How is everyone enjoying the read this month? I've been traveling and doing inventory around my district for work over the last three weeks, and it has interrupted my reading. I feel like I've just come out of a fog to realize I'm way, way behind on reading...
As I struggle to catch back up to everyone, I wonder you are enjoying The Two Towers. The story generally captures me here, and I rush through reading these chapters, trying to catch up to what everyone is doing. I'm glad we're reading these at a measured pace, it really reminds me of how much there is to find in these chapters.
Tolkien gives a clear picture of Rohan, the politics of their court and struggles with Saruman, and a real sense of the oppressive quality of an old forest. It is easy to close my eyes and picture each scene.
Does anyone else feel that sense of realism from the descriptions? I'd love to know how these chapters affect you.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 61 comments I was never able to disengage enough to weight its realism. 0:)

message 4: by James (new)

James Mullen | 103 comments Mary, I love that! I know exactly what you mean, lol.