What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Non-fiction book about a girl (about 12-15 years old), her foster family, and an old woman (who lives above a movie theater)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 8 comments I read this book in around 2010-2011 and it was about a young girl and the perspective of each chapter changed from when she was living with a foster family, to the present of her living with this old woman
I remember a scene where the old woman was driving a car but fell asleep at the wheel and the girl had to take over
The foster family was 2 parents and a son im pretty sure
I think the book ended with the family adopting the girl

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
How old is the girl, about?
Is this for children, teens, or adults?
Cover?
What's the tone? Cheerful, morose, suspenseful?
Any child abuse?
Author's gender?
Fiction?

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 8 comments this was a book for older children, younger teens
it was non-fiction, the girl i want to say was 12-15
I also remember the old woman lived above a movie theater im pretty sure

message 4: by Kris (last edited Dec 05, 2018 08:07AM) (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Julia, I added some details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link after topic header - on the full desktop website (not the mobile app).

Can you tell us about the girl's birth parents?

Does this (auto)biography follow the girl into adulthood? What career path does she take?

What is the story's time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 8 comments This isnt a biography about a specific person. I dont remember anything about her parents except that they werent around. I remember that the foster family had a house kind of in the woods, i want to say near a mountain

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16994 comments I'm confused. How can it be non-fiction and not be an autobiography or biography about a specific person?

This was a woman writing about her own childhood experiences?

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia | 8 comments Well i guess it was fiction then, it was just a story of a girl

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Julia ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 46 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy (daisyporter) | 634 comments This sounds a lot like Pictures of Hollis Woods, which is fictional.