Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

December - MUST READ BEFORE 2019 > What will you be reading?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Welcome to a brand new month for the Of Wonderland book club! Your new theme is...

MUST READ BEFORE 2019!

Yep, one final chance to read all those books you meant to get to this year but somehow… didn’t. 2018 releases? Read the book. Series finales? Read the book. There are so many new and brilliant stories coming out next year, so make sure you’ve read the book!

I’m currently in a reading slump, but my Goodreads challenge is at 72/75 books and I have to finish it. Not sure what I’ll be in the mood for, but after The Chase I’ll be reading two more books.

Happy reading!

What will you be reading?

message 2: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 03, 2018 02:22AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
December will be quite a stressful month for me (Thesis preparations, family parties), so I want to fill december with fun and easy book to sooth my mind. :)

So on my TBR, I have right now:
- The Winter's Tale: I saved this Shakespeare play especially for this month ;)
- Station Zero: this is the last book in the Railhead-series and I can't wait to finish this on my commute!
- The Kiss Quotient
- Skycircus: the next book in a fun middle-grade steampunk series
- And I would like to read My Year of Rest and Relaxation, because the title speaks to me on many levels, haha.

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I have a lot of books I still would like to read before 2019, but the one book that has made its way to the top of my TBR (even though it's a very recent release) is Skyward

message 4: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Natulcien_reads wrote: "I have a lot of books I still would like to read before 2019, but the one book that has made its way to the top of my TBR (even though it's a very recent release) is Skyward"

Let us know what you think! I'm really curious about Skyward.

message 5: by Inge, Mad Hatter (last edited Dec 04, 2018 03:14AM) (new)

Puck wrote: "December will be quite a stressful month for me (Thesis preparations, family parties), so I want to fill december with fun and easy book to sooth my mind. :)

- [boo..."

I'll be joining you for our The Kiss Quotient buddy read, and I'm also reading A Gift From Bob. The book link doesn't work for some reason, so here it is: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2....

message 6: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 329 comments Puck wrote: "December will be quite a stressful month for me (Thesis preparations, family parties), so I want to fill december with fun and easy book to sooth my mind. :)

- [boo..."

I saw a production of The Winter's Tale last summer and adored it -- hope you enjoy it too, Puck!

message 7: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 329 comments My booklist for this month is mostly finishing stuff I'm still reading.

- Victory of Eagles
- Rights of Use
- Dominion
- Black Wolves
plus I might slip in the audiobook for The Bear and the Nightingale
and I doubt I'm finishing Les Misérables in the next 3 weeks but I'm gonna try!

message 8: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (ontheothersideofreality) | 183 comments I'll be trying to finish Jack of Hearts, Come Nineveh, Come Tyre: The Presidency of Edward M. Jason, and, if it comes in at the library, West.

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Ciampichini I get to read again after finishing NaNoWriMo last month! It's so refreshing! I have an ambitious line-up but I will read as much as I can before the year ends:
Brave Enough
The Gormenghast Novels
Kindred
Tempests and Slaughter
Kushiel's Dart
Blue Remembered Hills: A Recollection