Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
This topic is about To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Archives > [December] To All the Boys I've Loved Before, by Jenny Han - Part 2 Through Chapter 27 (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie | 2369 comments Questions for the first half, through chapter 37.

1. How do you feel about the book so far?
2. Lara Jean is described by Peter as quirky. Do you enjoy the quirky narrator/heroine?
3. What are your predictions for the rest of the book? Do you think Lara Jean will end up with one of the boys to whom she wrote a letter?
4. Answer the question from the person above you.
5. Pose a question for the person below you.

message 2: by Marina H (last edited Dec 04, 2018 02:43AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marina H | 1315 comments I'm a bit blah so far. The book is just okay for me. I don't really connect with Lara Jean at all and the writing is a bit flat. But it's easy and light to read which suits me well right now.

I don't find Lara Jean that quirky to be honest. Normally I would say I enjoy quirky characters, so maybe if Kitty was the narrator I would have liked it more. She's the best part of the book so far.

I really do not hope Lara Jean and Josh gets involved in any way. That would be too weird. Until now we've mostly heard about Peter but I have a feeling Josh will play a bigger part soon.

Sabrina | 390 comments 1. it's cute but i like the movie better (for once lol). the banter between lara and peter at the beginning is less cute and more harsh in a way? I don't know if anyone else gets that vibe? But something I do like more than the movie is that josh's character is more fleshed out and interesting. I also like that the effects of Margo's absence on Lara Jean is more pronounced and explained
2. Listening to the narration enhances the quirk factor, so I guess I like it
3. I watched the movie so I won't spoil anyone
5. Who do you think sent the letters?