Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book listed twice - help please?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Whitehead | 4 comments Hello there,
I'm an author and my most recent book 'Of Love and Duty: Nelson, the Hamilton's, the Prince and Miss Knight' by S.R. Whitehead is listed as two separate editions, paperback and kindle. I am not a goodreads librarian but I was hoping somebody who is would be able to combine the two editions for me so that all the reviews are in one place? Any help would be much appreciated.
With thanks, S.R. Whitehead.

message 2: by Emily (last edited Nov 30, 2018 08:15AM) (new)

Emily | 14460 comments I am combining them and merging your author profiles.
Are you affiliated with this book?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

And this one

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Whitehead | 4 comments Thank you for responding. I am the author of The Last Bronte but nothing to do with Nelly Armstrong which is, I think, a reprint of an 18th century work by an earlier S R Whitehead. Thank you for helping. I hope you can sort out my problem.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14460 comments Looks like it tried to add more editions of Of Love & Duty on the other author name with the different initials. One had the word ISBN as a typo in the ISBN field so it did not recognize it as a duplicate. The other one had an ISBN to your other book in it. I have merged those two into the valid book. The reviews, etc. should be the same for the books moved.

I separated the other S.R. Whitehead onto a different profile.
If your books are entered on Amazon and on here as S.R. Whitehead with one space between R and Whitehead, they will go to your profile which is the default.

If any of your future books are sent to the wrong place, you can let us know and we will move them for you.

Let me know if I have missed any other editions.

message 5: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Whitehead | 4 comments Thank you so much! You are a star and I don't even know who you are. If I did, I'd give you a kiss or buy you a pint or squirt you with your favourite perfume. As it is, you must content yourself with the knowledge that you have made an old many happy. x

message 6: by Emily (last edited Nov 30, 2018 12:52PM) (new)

Emily | 14460 comments You're welcome. Out of those three, you can buy me a pint.

message 7: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Whitehead | 4 comments Good call.