Book of The Month discussion

2018 > The Far Field

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (thehispanicbookworm) | 305 comments Quick take
A privileged young woman journeys to the tumultuous region of Kashmir in search of a mysterious figure from her past.

message 2: by Patrice (new)

Patrice (itspatrice) | 19 comments My pick for Dec! 😊

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol | 18 comments My pick too along with Severance

message 4: by extralizard13 (new)

extralizard13 | 17 comments I picked this for Dec & really enjoyed it. It teaches something about a part of the world some of us may never normally hear about. I have friends from India, so they have shared me further insight to what this book discusses & it is, I think, a world-opening story. Worth reading.

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jillcen) | 3 comments Just got around to reading this! I have very mixed feelings about it...I didn't like the beginning nor the end, and I felt that there was a LOT that just didn't get answered/resolved at the end. The middle was great and I felt that the end didn't do it justice.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1 comments Couldn't agree more! Felt the exact same way about this book - I was so disappointed by the end. I felt the narrator ended up just as she had started and the experiences she went through and her journey were all for nothing!!

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jillcen) | 3 comments Kelly wrote: "Couldn't agree more! Felt the exact same way about this book - I was so disappointed by the end. I felt the narrator ended up just as she had started and the experiences she went through and her jo..."

Yes! Completely agree =\