Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Fantastic Beasts: The Original Screenplay, #1)
Archive - Award Winners > Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - December 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Nov 30, 2018 06:38AM) (new) - added it

Kristie | 5875 comments Mod
Winner of the Fantasy award

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut is captured in this exciting hardcover edition of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay.

When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, author of the beloved and internationally bestselling Harry Potter books. Featuring a cast of remarkable characters, this is epic, adventure-packed storytelling at its very best.

Whether an existing fan or new to the wizarding world, this is a perfect addition to any reader's bookshelf.

message 2: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2010 comments Mod
I'm not sure I'll read this one. I loved the movie though so I might. :)

message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4048 comments Mod
I just don't see the point if you've seen the movie ...... all you're getting is the dialogue of what you've already seen ::shrugs::

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I've already seen the movie as well. I still put a hold on it at the library and expect to have it in a few days. I'll probably rewatch the movie afterwards.

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Ok... so, I picked up the book, then started to read it and put it down. I'm not up for the play-by-play right now. I need a book with filler to make it flow. Oh well.

message 6: by Reija (new)

Reija | 101 comments Yeah, I just wonder if people vote this because of Rowling and/or the movie and not even interested to read t this. I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two and no plans to pick this, even if I re-watched movie recently and liked it very much and also imagined what if Rowling would have write these books too.

Joan Barnett | 37 comments I'm 40% through it. I don't mind that it is a screenplay. It's nice for something different to read. I like a lot of dialog in books anyway so that's probably why I don't mind it. I enjoy Rowling's imagination.

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two, which was also a screenplay and enjoyed it well enough. I do think the other books are better because I really enjoy Rowling's writing, but it was still good.

I'm not sure about this one. I think I'm just not in the mood right now. Or as Lynn stated earlier, maybe it's just because I already saw the movie and this doesn't have the filler stuff that a book would have to add to it. I may try again some time in the future.