Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA retelling, 80K words

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Johnston | 3 comments I am looking for someone to read a YA retelling of the 12 dancing princesses. I am happy to partner and trade manuscripts. If you are interested after reading the description below, I'll send you the first chapter.

Connor despised dancing, but in a kingdom dangling on disaster, a dance would save his life.

Connor, a nobleman who doesn’t like dancing, is forced to participate in a Coming Out Ball for his friend, Princess Gianna. 
Gianna’s mother, Queen Cassiopeia becomes angry when none of the princes at the ball dance well. She banishes them, with Connor, to an island where they are held with magic until they learn to dance. Their partners are 12 princesses who magically appear each night. Queen Cassiopeia is using the young men on the island and the princesses to revenge the princess’s father, King Cole, who jilted her at a dance. But the magic goes out of her control when Gianna intervenes to help the innocent princesses.
When Connor falls in love with one of the 12 princesses, he follows her home, breaking the magic. But this brings him into contact with King Cole who will kill him unless he can dance to save his life.
The Shoemaker’s Daughter, a 80,000-word YA retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses will appeal to fans of E.D. Baker’s The Frog Princess. In the retelling genre no one has yet told this story from the point of view of the princes on the island. Additionally, the 12 princesses represent a mixed race ethnicity. The story is Footloose meets The Count of Monte Cristo.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Antonia | 8 comments I'm interested. I will send you a PM with my email.