The Never Ending TBR Book Club discussion

Books of the Month > Book Discussion - Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (thecontinuingchronicles) (thecontinuingchronicles) | 96 comments Mod
This will be the monthly discussion thread for Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Please be sure to post spoiler warnings, as this will be the only thread opened and some people may post as they read.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Price | 0 comments This book was a little hard to get into for me. I kept having to stop and come back to it. I love the multiple plays on the title, very creative. I'm super frustrated with the ending. She totally killed the wrong character.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (thecontinuingchronicles) (thecontinuingchronicles) | 96 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "This book was a little hard to get into for me. I kept having to stop and come back to it. I love the multiple plays on the title, very creative. I'm super frustrated with the ending. She totally k..."

Agreed! I was really hoping it would be Minya. She needed to go!

message 4: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 11 comments Brittany wrote: "This will be the monthly discussion thread for Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Please be sure to post spoiler warnings, as this will be the only thread opened and some people may post as they ..."

Womp. So someone dies? I've only just started this one.

message 5: by Danica (new)

Danica (lumosliterati) | -78 comments I agree with Kimberly! I had a hard time getting into the book... didn't feel the urge to keep reading at times. However, I did enjoy the author's beautiful prose and world building. It's unlike anything I've read before! I hope the sequel answers some of my questions.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Same here Danica! Though I wasn't always completely gripped, this world has stuck with me and I look forward to finding out what happens with the Sirai/Lazlo/Minya situation

message 7: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (anowheregirlandherbooks) I agree, the book was very slow but I was completely captivated by Taylor's writing style. The characters were very interesting and I enjoyed the overall theme of the dreams.
I wish it had a map because I wanted to see what the world looked like.