Reading 1001 discussion

Archives > Announcements from Admins - December Bonus

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (last edited Nov 30, 2018 04:41AM) (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 3875 comments Mod
Announcing the December Bonus. During December you can read any two past 2018 BOTM or quarterly reads that you missed and with your review and participation in the discussion, get those points.

Will you be participating? Which books will you be reading?

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 531 comments This is a nice bonus! I plan on reading To the Lighthouse

message 3: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 282 comments Just in case anyone else finds this useful:

BOTM 2018

January
Passing
Women in Love

February
Kitchen
To the Lighthouse

March
Good Morning, Midnight
The Crying of Lot 49

April
A Ballad for Georg Henig
Titus Groan

May
The Moor’s Last Sigh
Pastoralia

June
Fathers and Sons
The Wonderful O

July
Unless
Requiem for a Dream

August
Day of the Dolphin
Amongst Women

September
Sula
Ada

October
Christ Stopped at Eboli
Absolute Beginners

November
The Light of Day
The Charwoman’s Daughter

December
Tipping the Velvet
Slaughterhouse-Five

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1232 comments Thank you for the list Chinook. I might read Ada if the library has it available although December already seems over booked and Ada isn’t short. Great bonus idea though.

message 5: by Book (new)

Book Wormy | 1840 comments Mod
I will be reading Unless as I missed this when it was BOTM

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 1206 comments Mod
This is a great idea. If my TBR book was not 661 pages I would participate:)

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1232 comments I just realized that many of you started 1001 in 2009 (Jen just posted all the years BOTM). No wonder I am SO far behind.....

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1991 comments Darn, I didn't miss any.

message 9: by Kristel (new)

Gail wrote: "I just realized that many of you started 1001 in 2009 (Jen just posted all the years BOTM). No wonder I am SO far behind....."
We started in 2008 I think, when we were at Shelfari. I took over the group 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. We've had many admin changes over the years but I've been here since the beginning. With the move to GR a lot of changes took place. Jen P did a lot of setting up us here on GR. I have to admit I am still struggling to get used to running a group on GR. Bookworm has been with the group, almost from the beginning but only became an admin when we moved here to GR.

message 10: by Pip (new)

Pip | 1338 comments It is the only year I have read all of the BOTM, but I have to Read Don Quixote this month and finish the Annual Read so I will be busy enough!

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount) (ravenmount) | 438 comments Ooh, I may actually take advantage of this. I checked out To the Lighthouse, intending to read it soon, and I stalled at page 30 trying to read Christ Stopped at Eboli, so unless I spend too many hours working at the cat shelter, I ought to be able to read both and get those reviews posted for BOTM points this month.

message 12: by Kristel (new)

If you cannot find discussion threads, please go to Past BOTM folder, you will find them there.

message 13: by Kristel (new)

Please review Things you need to know; https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It's been updated for 2019 and perhaps it will hold a Christmas Surprise for you.

I am making changes so be sure to check in often.

message 14: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 531 comments Although I don't 'need' the points, I did actually read (and just finish) To the Lighthouse. Thanks for the offer of extra credit to spur me on! ;)

message 15: by Kristel (new)

Did anyone read all the quarterly reads?
Did anyone read all the Book of the Months?

There is a bonus for completing all of the books.

message 16: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1232 comments Yes, I read all the quarterly reads and at least one BOTM each month but not all the BOTM’s.

message 17: by Kristel (new)

Gail wrote: "Yes, I read all the quarterly reads and at least one BOTM each month but not all the BOTM’s."

For reading all the quarterly reads, give yourself 15 points.

message 18: by Gail (new)

Gail (gailifer) | 1232 comments Will do!

message 19: by Pip (new)

Pip | 1338 comments I will finish Don Quixote, so the 15 points will be good! I have read all of the BOTM except Titus Groan which had previously been a BOTM.