Reading the World discussion

The Lost City of the Monkey God
This topic is about The Lost City of the Monkey God
19 views
ARCHIVES > The Lost City of the Monkey God - SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
Spoil Away!


Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
The scene with the giant snake freaked me out. When the snake spit venom onto the hand and the skin started bubbling from a reaction!!! Yikes!


Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
And I loved the discussions of the treatment for the mostly-dormant diseases. We are seeing more and more of this for various reasons.


Candace (candywilliams) | 97 comments The snakes, and in fact most all of the critters freaked me out! How anyone could go in there voluntarily is beyond me! 😳


message 5: by Candace (last edited Dec 02, 2018 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Candace (candywilliams) | 97 comments I learned so much, like (speaking of diseases) how thousands, no, millions of people on the continent would have been wiped out by diseases Again and again over millennia, long before Europeans ever got there. We just never heard of those pandemics. I was stunned by that, and I know it has to be true.


Candace (candywilliams) | 97 comments Another mind-blower for me was the new tech they used to map the area! Like Preston said, no one could have done it the conventional way. It would take lifetimes.


Candace (candywilliams) | 97 comments Kelly wrote: "And I loved the discussions of the treatment for the mostly-dormant diseases. We are seeing more and more of this for various reasons."

And that’s very scary. He addressed so many thought-provoking issues in this book!


Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
Candace wrote: "I learned so much, like (speaking of diseases) how thousands, no, millions of people on the continent would have been wiped out by diseases Again and again over millennia, long before Europeans eve..."

I know. It was fascinating. And how difficult it was for these men to get diagnosed once they were back home! Wow.


Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
Candace wrote: "Another mind-blower for me was the new tech they used to map the area! Like Preston said, no one could have done it the conventional way. It would take lifetimes."

This one wasn't new to me only because my husband and oldest son are really into archaeology and we even get the magazine. So I have read about it several times. They use satellite photos a lot now. In fact those photos often even indicate what is below ground!


message 10: by Kelly_Hunsaker_reads (last edited Dec 02, 2018 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
Candace wrote: "Kelly wrote: "And I loved the discussions of the treatment for the mostly-dormant diseases. We are seeing more and more of this for various reasons."

And that’s very scary. He addressed so many th..."


I agree.


Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 867 comments Mod
Has anyone been to Honduras? Or anywhere in Central America?


back to top