s i n ⋆ c i t y ; advanced rp. discussion

‹ ✧ › > questions + suggestions.

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

ciaran.  (julieparadise) | 143 comments Mod

If you have a question or suggestion, or need help with anything, just post a comment here and a moderator will get back to you as soon as possible.

message 2: by Max (new)

Max | 59 comments Hi there! Before I start making my first character I just wanted to know if I can make someone who isn’t part of a gang. He’s more of an errand boy or an in-between. He works for anyone who’s willing to share some of the prize.

message 3: by ᴋʏʟʟɪᴋᴋɪ. , the ban hammer. (new)

ᴋʏʟʟɪᴋᴋɪ.  | 7 comments Mod
I'm sure no one will have an issue with that, Max.

message 4: by Max (new)

Max | 59 comments Thanks!

message 5: by Jupiter (new)

Jupiter | 18 comments

ok just to clarify:
putting it in super basic terms, crazy eights are mostly hackers, the bratva deals with weapons, the marauders deal with drugs, the angels are more like thieves, the hive are like merchants (of favors?), and the konami code are more protective than anything, am i correct?
-if i wanted to make a street driver they could be pretty much in any gang, or even unaffiliated, right?
-what are some examples of the positions available within the gangs?

message 6: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

most members of crazy eights are either professional hackers or assassins, bratva deals with weapons, the marauders are an outlaw motorcycle club who specialize in the manufacturing of drugs but they also import weapons on occasion and sell them to other gangs, as well as protection runs for allies and stuff like that. angels of oblivion are made up of orphans, junkies, and the like and their clubhouse is a safe haven for those who have nowhere else to stay; they generally prefer to lay low but they do heists for money and resources when needed. for the hive, you might want to ask ayana for more info, and i'm pretty sure the konami code are like the angels, a safety net for those in desperate need.

if you made a street driver, they could be unaffiliated and rather just associated with gangs, ya know?

all gangs have different structures, some advanced, some rather careless. but i mean, the basic gang structure goes something like this -

president = vice president = secretary = money operator = patched members/life members = prospects. just look up gang structures, and you should be able to gather a few different ideas :)

message 7: by Xwft (last edited Jan 03, 2019 02:19PM) (new)

Xwft | 101 comments OK so quick question form me would the gangs have medics or people tasked with the role as medic or would they not care? Also would it be possible i could claim a second in command vice president person for the crazy eights???

message 8: by Jupiter (new)

Jupiter | 18 comments

@ciaran + kris ok thank you!!

message 9: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (last edited Jan 03, 2019 10:45PM) (new)

@xwft: well, gang members can't exactly just go to a hospital for various reasons, and generally won't unless an injury is extremely severe. most would definitely have at least that one person who tends to medical aid, even if they have a role within the group aside from that.

and yes, you may claim that position in the character claim thread.

message 10: by Xwft (new)

Xwft | 101 comments cool thx!! Oh there is a thread for that lol Ok i'll have to go check it out :-)

message 11: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

@badger: I'll definitely look into this, I'll probably end up making a masterlist of roles within the gangs. If anybody would like to shoot me some ideas, feel free to, just keep them realistic.

message 12: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

i understand, the only reason a list hasn't been made yet is because it's confusing af to write down too xD

message 13: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

i'm hoping to have the list up sometime tomorrow, sorry for the wait.

message 14: by ѕolanιne, active (new)

ѕolanιne | 122 comments Mod
Is there a place we can request roleplay threads?

message 15: by maisie (new)

maisie | 44 comments ooh i have a question as well

for a gang creation, is it possible to send in ideas for locations to rp in (like I have a bunch of ideas for locations for the forty elephants gang)?

message 16: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (last edited Jan 12, 2019 09:07PM) (new)

@maisie + solanine: yes, if you have thread requests you can dm me or just post ideas
on the chat box.

message 17: by Jupiter (new)

Jupiter | 18 comments

since i've claimed the bratva's president, would i be able to create some rules, affiliations, and places to rp in?

message 18: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

sure, but i'll need to run over your rules and affiliations with kyllikki first. you can make some roleplay threads under the 'to be sorted' folder, just keep them realistic.

message 19: by maisie (new)

maisie | 44 comments Not sure if this has been answered but can I have the same character in two different places for an rp?

message 20: by maisie (new)

maisie | 44 comments Ooh and for the forty elephants, can there be a thread for a jewelry store/pawn shop kinda thing, and a cafe?

message 21: by Xwft (new)

Xwft | 101 comments I'm not exsactly a mod so I have no idea for the first question but as for the second Ciaran has given us permission to make our own threads ((as long as they not to crazy)) cause they are having computer difficulties making it hard to make threads themselves.

message 22: by ѕolanιne, active (last edited Jan 25, 2019 12:46PM) (new)

ѕolanιne | 122 comments Mod
Xwft (I alive but busy, replies be slow but comin') wrote: "I'm not exsactly a mod so I have no idea for the first question but as for the second Ciaran has given us permission to make our own threads ((as long as they not to crazy)) cause they are having c..."

Maisie! wrote: "Ooh and for the forty elephants, can there be a thread for a jewelry store/pawn shop kinda thing, and a cafe?"

At the moment if they're put into the "to be sorted" folder

message 23: by maisie (new)

maisie | 44 comments gotcha, thanks guys :)

message 24: by ciaran. , semi-hiatus. (new)

Maisie! wrote: "Not sure if this has been answered but can I have the same character in two different places for an rp?"

seeing as though that's realistically not possible, i'd prefer if characters were only to be used in one thread at a time, until you are ready to move on to a different roleplay partner/topic.

message 25: by Jupiter (new)

Jupiter | 18 comments

ᴄɪᴀʀᴀɴ. wrote: "sure, but i'll need to run over your rules and affiliations with kyllikki first. you can make some roleplay threads under the 'to be sorted' folder, just keep them realistic."

ok sounds good!