Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Beta Readers for Contemporary Erotic Romance Novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Brooks | 9 comments Hi Everyone!

I've just completed my first novel, it's a contemporary erotic romance novel and approximately 160k words. If you are only interested in reading a few chapters, that's fine. I would just really love to get some feedback.

Please let me know if you're interested. I'm on Betabooks. Thank you!

FYI, the content is fairly explicit and the language between the characters, in particular the three best friends, can be pretty crude. Just want to forewarn anyone who is adverse to profanity.

Brief description below:

Angela is a thirty-two year old successful young woman struggling with some significant self esteem and trust issues, a stressful career and the melancholy of the bar hopping scene. After a chance meeting with Isandro, a handsome and very successful attorney who is much older than Angela, the two begin a whirlwind love affair that takes them far beyond their initial expectations of casual sex. Accustom to men her own age who tend to act indifferent and noncommittal, Isandro’s demeanor while persistently courting Angela teeter-totters between sweet and depraved, which only further fuels Angela’s intense attraction.

After three dates and Isandro’s swoon worthy courting skills, Angela recognizes this as something much more meaningful than steamy sex. Angela nearly falls off the face of the earth, ignoring her family and friends in favor of spending all her free time with Isandro, who is all too happy to monopolize her time. Practically living together after only a week, they embark on a month of marathon dating and sex that turns two people both struggling with some of their own issues, into two vulnerable people desperately in love with each other.

As quickly as the two fall into their fiery relationship, they quickly lose sight of their prior routined lives, their priorities and reality. Slowly but surely they begin to discover significant pieces of each other's pasts that they weren't open and upfront about from the onset. While Angela's past provides an explanation for her deep seeded emotional issues, Isandro's past and his omissions make Angela question his sincerity. An already vulnerable woman becomes more and more frail as their journey continues on.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I am interested. Please PM me

message 3: by Ramona (new)

Ramona Brooks | 9 comments Awesome thanks Jennifer - do you use BetaBooks

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Yes I do use betabooks.