Stephen King 2022 read-along discussion

Christine
This topic is about Christine
December 2018 Discussions > December already?! Are you ready for a killer car?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Nov 29, 2018 09:56PM) (new) - added it

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 169 comments Mod
Hellllo everyone! I know, I know.... I didn't post anything in November I was lazy and since I wasn't changing the book, I figured it would be okay, besides my reading has been all over the place lately.

So, who has finished Tommyknockers? I've heard mixed reviews so far. I am still waiting for the audio from the library. I of course have the physical copy, but I am a stickler for consistency and since I started all the books on audio this year, I have to continue on audio. That probably doesn't make any sense.

Basically what I'm saying is if you haven't finished Tommyknockers that's okay lol. I'm in the same boat. I'm going to hopefully finish it in December. For those of you who are ready and eager to start Christine...I can't wait to hear all about it.

Christine does have a movie adaptation that came out in 1983 and incredibly has a major director behind the wheel. Get it? Behind the wheel..... I crack my self up. John Carpenter directs this flick and that in itself is amazing. Not that I haven't enjoyed King's adaptations, but most of them are pretty cheesy and campy. I found this link if you want to check out 15 facts about the movie... P.S. it turns 35 this year.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/549844...

Okay, so will I get to this book. I'm crossing my fingers. Let me know if you have watched this movie before.

I think I'll be putting up movie discussions through out the month as well, kind of like a wrap up for the year. I plan on watching all the adaptations I can get my hands on.

Lastly, I do plan on doing StephenKing2019. I hope you all had fun this year and will stick around for more KING. I haven't read all of them yet teehee. Let me know if you want more recent books in next years line up or if you want to continue with his earlier works.

Thanks again to all the people who joined my little group. It is way more than I expected and I'm so grateful for the turn out. I also want to thank those that participated in discussions. It made reading more fun and less lonely lol. I would have hated putting up these posts to crickets ;)

Rosario (rinfante) | 5 comments I'm almost to the half way point on Tommyknockers, this has been REALLY slow for me, I just need to sit down and plow thru it a bit and hopefully it'll pick up.

Vanessa Grimes | 5 comments I finished Tommyknockers and it was just ok, it got stupid towards the end. I've already read Christine and loved it. If you do this again next year I will definitely join again. I've read all that you had on the list this year.

Ashley Smith | 158 comments Mod
Vanessa wrote: "I finished Tommyknockers and it was just ok, it got stupid towards the end. I've already read Christine and loved it. If you do this again next year I will definitely join again. I've read all that..."

I totally agree. There were maybe a solid hundred pages that I flew through but the rest of it was just okay.

Sitting this one out because I just read it last year but Christine is one of the ones that super took me by surprise and I ended up loving it a lot more than I anticipated! The movie is great too! I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

message 6: by Melissa (new) - added it

Ashley wrote: "Sitting this one out because I just read it last year but Christine is one of the ones that super took me by surprise and I ended up loving it a lot more than I anticipated! The movie is great too!..."

Oh awesome! Dang now I feel tempted to just ditch Tommyknockers and read it at a later date so I can finish off with a bang.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday! <3

message 8: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (kcirdnekc) | 2 comments As I've just joined this group, will there be a 2019?

Rosario (rinfante) | 5 comments This one was a whole lot better than TommyKnockers. It surprised me how much I like it. AHUMMMM 2019 list please! LOL j/k Happy everything y'all.

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie | 6 comments I am also looking forward to 2019's list! ❤ I had a blast reading all these books!

message 11: by Melissa (new) - added it

Courtney wrote: "As I've just joined this group, will there be a 2019?"

Hiya yes! I will be posting the new list for 2019 tonight :D

message 12: by Melissa (new) - added it

To all those interested in StephenKing2019 the list will be up hopefully tonight. I've been sick for a week straight and have only just logged onto my computer. Seriously a week unplugged was weird ;) teehee. Thank you all for continuing to be excited with this read-a-long.

Kimberly | 35 comments Just read this book and loved it!! Christine was everything she thought I would be and more lol.... also enjoyed the movie

message 14: by Melissa (new) - added it

Kimberly wrote: "Just read this book and loved it!! Christine was everything she thought I would be and more lol.... also enjoyed the movie"

Still need to pick this one up. I will be continuing the group next year and will be adding books that I've missed again for those that hadn't picked it up. Maybe I'll make a poll.

message 15: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 148 comments I can’t wait to see 2020 list:)