Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy
This topic is about The Orphan Conspiracies
MIND CONTROL > MK = Mind Kontrol

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (last edited Sep 09, 2016 10:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Excerpt from The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy:

The plot to The Orphan Trilogy could accurately be described as being very far-fetched, were it not for one thing: the officially acknowledged, real-life MK-Ultra program.

To recap, Project MK-Ultra, the most documented government mind control program uncovered yet, began in the early 1950’s, using unwitting American and Canadian citizens as its test subjects. We know this as a result of the many thousands of US Government documents that have been publicly accessed courtesy of the Freedom of Information Act, and the release of other formerly classified documents relating to MK-Ultra.

These revelations generated considerable publicity, debate, research – both official and unofficial – and a number of feature films, documentaries and television series.

Then there are the rumored Manchurian Candidates said to have been brainwashed by US Military factions, with heavy CIA involvement, to carry out assassinations or other such acts for those who have programmed them.

Incidentally, the best description we’ve found of a Manchurian Candidate is someone with an artificially created multiple personality; that personality has various identities; if one identity performs an act and gets caught, another identity takes over and the original identity has no recollection of the act he (seems it’s always a man) committed, so the information remains hidden from interrogators.

Mind control expert and award-winning author Dr. Alan W. Scheflin has for years claimed that, thanks to the CIA, MK-Ultra is still alive and well in America and that declassified documents show the CIA is creating a new kind of weapon.

Scheflin, whose books include The Mind Manipulators, leaves little doubt the weapon he refers to is a Manchurian Candidate and, he says, such people aren’t responsible for their actions because they’re being controlled.

Scheflin’s assertions are confirmed by renowned psychiatrist Dr. Colin A. Ross, president and founder of the Colin A. Ross Institute for Psychological Trauma, who says he used the Freedom of Information Act to source US Government documents that show the CIA and different branches of the military continue to be active in the mind control business.

This revelation contradicts the US Government’s official statements which say there have been no further mind control programs since MK-Ultra was shut down in 1973.

Dr. Ross likens the selection of Manchurian Candidates to the selection process for the military’s documented radiation and germ warfare experiments that were conducted on soldiers who were always unaware of the dangers involved. He says the declassified documents he has sourced on mind control experiments reveal volunteers received huge amounts of electric shocks, which permanently wiped out their memories.

The Orphan Conspiracies 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy by James Morcan

message 2: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Great article Jeannie and an interesting piece of little-known history.

Have decided to included it here in full:

US Jazz musicians were drafted into CIA’s MKULTRA

by Jon Rappoport

March 24, 2014

www.nomorefakenews.com

Here is a bit of US history that shows the reach of the CIA’s infamous mind-control program, MKULTRA.

During the 1940s and 50s, it was common knowledge that musicians who were busted for drug use were shipped, or volunteered to go, to Lexington, Kentucky. Lex was the first Narcotics Farm and US Health Dept. drug treatment hospital in the US.

According to diverse sources, here’s a partial list of the reported “hundreds” of jazz musicians who went to Lex: Red Rodney, Sonny Rollins, Chet Baker, Sonny Stitt, Howard McGhee, Elvin Jones, Zoot Sims, Lee Morgan, Tadd Dameron, Stan Levey, Jackie McLean.

It’s also reported that Ray Charles was there, and William Burroughs, Peter Lorre, and Sammy Davis, Jr.

It was supposed to be a rehab center. A place for drying out.

But it was something else too. Lex was used by the CIA as one of its MKULTRA centers for experimentation on inmates.

The doctor in charge of this mind control program was Harris Isbell. Ironically, Isbell was, at the same time, a member of the FDA’s Advisory Committee on the Abuse of Depressant and Stimulant Drugs.

Isbell gave LSD and other psychedelics to inmates at Lex.

At Sandoz labs in Switzerland, Dr. Albert Hofmann, the discoverer of LSD, also synthesized psilocybin from magic mushrooms. The CIA got some of this new synthetic from Hofmann and gave it to Isbell so he could try it out on inmates at Lex.

MKULTRA was a CIA program whose goal was to control minds…in part through the use of drugs.

Isbell worked at Lex from the 1940s through 1963. It is reported that in one experiment, Isbell gave LSD to 7 inmates for 77 consecutive days. At 4 times the normal dosage. That is a chemical hammer of incredible proportions.

To induce inmates to join this drug experiment, they were offered the drug of their choice, which in many cases was heroin. So at a facility dedicated to drying out and rehabbing addicts, addicts were subjected to MKULTRA experiments and THEN a re-establishment of their former habit.

Apparently as many as 800 different drugs were sent to Isbell by the CIA or CIA fronts to use on patients at Lex. Two of the fronts? The US Navy and the US National Institute of Mental Health.

In another MKULTRA experiment at Lex, nine men were strapped down on tables. They were injected with psilocybin. Lights were beamed at their eyes–a typical mind control component.

During Isbell’s tenure, no one knows how many separate experiments he ran on the inmates. No one knows what other mind-control programming he attempted to insert along with the drugs.

As I say, Lex was the main stop for drying out for NY jazz musicians. How many of them were taken into these MKULTRA programs?

As Martin Lee explains in his book, Acid Dreams, “It became an open secret…that if the [heroin] supply got tight [on the street], you could always commit yourself to Lexington, where heroin and morphine were doled out as payment if you volunteered for Isbell’s whacky drug experiments. (Small wonder Lexington had a return rate of 90%.)”

A June 15, 1999, Counterpunch article by Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair, “CIA’s Sidney Gottlieb: Pusher, Assassin & Pimp— US Official Poisoner Dies,” contains these quotes on Dr. Isbell:

“Gottlieb also funded the experiments of Dr. Harris Isbell. Isbell ran the Center for Addiction Research in Lexington, Kentucky. Passing through Isbell’s center was a captive group of human guinea pigs in the form of a steady stream of black heroin addicts. More than 800 different chemical compounds were shipped from Gottlieb to Lexington for testing on Isbell’s patients.

“Perhaps the most infamous experiment came when Isbell gave LSD to seven black men for seventy-seven straight days. Isbell’s research notes indicates that he gave the men ‘quadruple’ the ‘normal’ dosages. The doctor marveled at the men’s apparent tolerance to these remarkable amounts of LSD. Isbell wrote in his notes that ‘this type of behavior is to be expected in patients of this type.’

“In other Gottlieb-funded experiment at the Center, Isbell had nine black males strapped to tables, injected them with psylocybin, inserted rectal thermometers, had lights shown in their eyes to measure pupil dilation and had their joints whacked to test neural reactions.”

Jon Rappoport

The author of two explosive collections, THE MATRIX REVEALED and EXIT FROM THE MATRIX, Jon was a candidate for a US Congressional seat in the 29th District of California. He maintains a consulting practice for private clients, the purpose of which is the expansion of personal creative power. Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, he has worked as an investigative reporter for 30 years, writing articles on politics, medicine, and health for CBS Healthwatch, LA Weekly, Spin Magazine, Stern, and other newspapers and magazines in the US and Europe. Jon has delivered lectures and seminars on global politics, health, logic, and creative power to audiences around the world. You can sign up for his free emails at www.nomorefakenews.com

message 3: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments By the way, one book referred to in that article Acid Dreams: The CIA, LSD and the Sixties Rebellion by Martin A. Lee was one of the most eye-opening and enlightening reads I've ever had.

Acid Dreams The CIA, LSD and the Sixties Rebellion by Martin A. Lee

message 4: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments James wrote: "“Perhaps the most infamous experiment came when Isbell gave LSD to seven black men for seventy-seven straight days. Isbell’s research notes indicates that he gave the men ‘quadruple’ the ‘normal’ dosages. The doctor marveled at the men’s apparent tolerance to these remarkable amounts of LSD. Isbell wrote in his notes that ‘this type of behavior is to be expected in patients of this type.’..."

Given the amount of black people mentioned in those MKULTRA experiments, I would say those experiments were not only drug and mind control experiments, but also some kind of sick racial eugenics experiments...Maybe research to figure out how to keep African-American communities downtrodden...
I've read a lot of research from other investigators who have studied declassified documents and the like, that reveal how blacks were specifically targeted with LSD heroin coke crack etc. For some reason, the powers-that-be wanted to disenfranchise certain non-white communities...

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments The mention of William Burroughs brought to mind this book that I have yet to read.Scientologist! William S. Burroughs and the 'Weird Cult'

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith (Faymorrow) | 309 comments Jeannie wrote: "https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/20..."

Very fascinating article Jeannie!

message 7: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Has anyone else heard the theory that the classic 60s song The House of the Rising Sun by The Animals is based on MK-Ultra survivors? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sB3F...

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments Nope, can't say I've heard of that one. And seeing as the song is an old traditional anonymous affair, I can't quite climb on board with that theory.
Great song though.

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments I thought it was U.S in origin, but just looked it up, and you're right Jeannie- at least, it's believed to have originally come from England. But U.S first to record it.

message 10: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Okay, it seems my memory failed me on this song...If it is an old traditional English song, then it must've been written long before mind control was conceived.

It must be some other famous song from the 60s I read about...

message 11: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Speaking of scientology...who here thinks scientology is a form of mind control?
I think I do.

Here's an interesting video on the links between scientology and mind control and CIA torture techniques: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4aii...

message 12: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Jeannie wrote: "There are those who say House of the Rising Sun was used for MK-Ultra. (?)"

really? so I am vaguely remembering this correctly re the song?

message 13: by K.P. (new) - added it

K.P. Merriweather (KP_Merriweather) | 43 comments interesting reads gang. i read some books about the prg (15 years ago) but all this new stuff i need to take a look at since more has been revealed

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments James wrote: "Jeannie wrote: "There are those who say House of the Rising Sun was used for MK-Ultra. (?)"

really? so I am vaguely remembering this correctly re the song?"

I still think it unlikely about the theory of hidden meaning in the song, even though the rising sun obviously has many connotations. But it occurred to me that 'sewed my new blue jeans' could be a reference to the royal bloodlines of conspiracy: 'sowed my new blue genes'.

message 15: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Maybe it's another song by The Animals I'm thinking of as I found the following in a lecture by mind control expert Dr. Colin A. Ross:

Those of you who can remember the sixties might remember the "House of the Rising Sun" by the British rock group, The Animals. They had a song called "The Girl Named Sandoz". Sandoz was the employer of Hoffman who discovered LSD in the forties, and Sandoz was the original supplier of LSD to the CIA and the military in the 1950's and they wanted a secure American supplier so they contracted with Eli Lilly to become the developer.

message 16: by Harry (last edited Feb 25, 2015 06:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Harry Whitewolf | 1736 comments Love The Animals, and Sandoz is a brilliant song- can't say I'd heard that theory though. Interesting stuff.

The Smashing Pumpkins also did a great version of A Girl Named Sandoz.

message 17: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey | 270 comments Really good information and references. Thank you.

message 18: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments Harry wrote: "Love The Animals, and Sandoz is a brilliant song- can't say I'd heard that theory though. Interesting stuff.

The Smashing Pumpkins also did a great version of A Girl Named Sandoz."

That's interesting as Billy Corgan, lead singer of The Smashing Pumpkins, has talked in interviews a lot about mind control and MK-Ultra etc.
So maybe he selected Sandoz for a reason...
Or maybe I'm just connecting one too many dots!

message 19: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments This video is really fascinating about the links between scientology and official mind control research... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4aii...

message 20: by Mikhayla (new) - added it

Mikhayla Gracey | 270 comments Scientology studies the brain waves survivors speak of, delta, beta... Greek alphabet.... L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology, was among the first devotees of Aleister Crowley in America.

message 21: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments I certainly don't trust L. Ron Hubbard, Mikhayla.
Thanks,
James

message 24: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 7835 comments book:Mass Control|687260] by Jim Keith:

Conspiracy expert Keith's latest book on mind control, Project Monarch, and mass manipulation. Keith says that here stands the New Man. His conception of reality is a dance of electronic images fired into his forebrain, a gossamer construction of his masters, designed so that he will not under any circumstances perceive the actual. His happiness is delivered to him through a tube or an electronic connection. His God lurks behind an electronic curtain; when the curtain is pulled away we find the CIA sorcerer, the media manipulator Chapters on the CIA, Tavistock, Jolly West and the Violence Centre, Guerrilla Mindwar, Brice Taylor, other recent victims, more.

Mass Control by Jim Keith

message 25: by Mark (new)

Mark Pendergrast (MarkPendergrast) | 1 comments This is my first post to this group. I will post about my own new book, MEMORY WARP, in a separate message. But I should note that I take issue with Jim Keith about "mind control." Unfortunately, multiple personality gurus such as Colin Ross have glommed onto the idiotic Manchurian Candidate attempts by the CIA (all of which failed) to say that the CIA really has been exerting "mind control" over us. Our happiness may not rely on "a tube" (TV) or "an electronic connection" (the internet), but we all too often rely on them for our version of reality. Here, in part, is what I wrote in MEMORY WARP:

Corydon Hammond, the former president of the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis, was widely respected by his peers and edited a scholarly 1990 volume entitled Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors. “Dr. Hammond is a master clinician of unusual breadth and talent who has become one of the giants in the field of clinical hypnosis,” wrote a colleague in that book's foreword.• Hammond traveled throughout the United States, giving workshops on ritual abuse. He dismissed those who are “such intellectualizers and skeptics that they'll doubt everything.” Alternatively, those casting doubt might be cult members themselves, he asserted. He described “very organized groups with interstate communication and who use a very, very systematic brainwashing.”

Hammond stated that the cult members learned these brainwashing techniques from sadistic Nazi scientists secretly brought to this country by the CIA to conduct mind-control experiments. Drawing on a long tradition of anti-Semitic rumors, he also asserted that a Jewish teenager named Greenbaum learned the Nazi secrets and now, as a Dr. Green, was coaching cults in the United States. “I know of cases,” Hammond said, “where the Mafia likes to use cult people as hit people because they can have one personality who will come out and . . . perform a cult blood-cleaning and have no emotions about it, come back and everybody has amnesia for it.” To train children in strict obedience, the cults might apply electrodes to a little girl's head and inside her vagina. “Perhaps a finger might be cut off and hung around their neck on a chain as a symbol to them they had better be obedient. They may be given drugs.”

Psychiatrist Colin Ross, who wrote an influential 1989 textbook on MPD, agreed with Hammond. In fact, in his proposal for a book to be titled CIA Mind Control, Ross disclosed that the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency had been turning children into Manchurian candidates since the 1940s.• “These individuals were systematically abused in laboratory and experimental settings,” he wrote. They used “drugs including hallucinogens, sensory deprivation, flotation tanks, electric shock, enforced memorization and other techniques. The programming involved the deliberate creation of multiple personality disorder with specific letter, number and other access codes for contacting alter personalities.” In 1993, Ross reiterated his claims to a television journalist, explaining that the “political strategy” to counter his revelations was to assert that “it's all created in therapy, it's fantasy, it's not real.”

The paranoia over “mind control” and Satanic ritual abuse took advantage of the modern fear of impersonal and seemingly all-powerful technology. Ever since the 1950s, when a con artist claimed that he could increase the consumption of popcorn and Coca-Cola by flashing “subliminal messages” on a movie screen, Americans have believed that their minds could be controlled by nefarious authorities without their knowledge. Therapists such as E. Sue Blume seized on “virtual reality” technology as an explanation of alien abduction memories. They were really just fooled by Satanic cults, according to Blume:

These groups often employ sophisticated and elaborate special effects and computer-generated “virtual reality” to make people think that they have experienced things which have not really occurred. For example, a victim will “remember” being abducted by aliens to their ships, where “medical experiments” were performed.

In 1993, therapist David Calof, who published a newsletter, Treating Abuse Today, and co-authored Multiple Personality and Dissociation: Understanding Incest, Abuse, and MPD, helped an audience at the prestigious Menninger Institute understand the true meaning of a postcard sent by the sister of a woman who believed she had been ritually abuse by her family:
“Dear Sis, Mom and I have been thinking about you. Can't wait to see you again. In the meantime take care of yourself. Love, Sis.” Calof explained that his client got this postcard and began to engage in “horrible self-harming behavior.” Why? “Mom and I have been thinking about you” means that they can read her mind. What it really meant was, “No matter where you are, or what you are doing I will know if you tell.” Then,'We can't wait to see you again.” Calof explained: “Now you have to take this in context. This is a woman, the client is a woman who's on the lam from her family and the perpetrating group….She knows that if she goes back something terrible is going to happen to her.” But the “most insidious part” was: “In the meantime take care of yourself.” That was, of course, “an injunction to kill herself.” This was a trigger to a mind control programmed by the cult.

That same year, Calof revealed that "we're finding a lot of undiagnosed, unrecovered multiples in nursing homes.” He warned against doing abreactive work with an eighty-six-year-old, however. “I learned the hard way. One of my multiples had a stroke during an abreaction. Fortunately, she recovered.”

Despite the lack of any physical evidence that Satanic cults exist, and many well-researched books debunking them, many therapists continued to tell stories about ritual abuse. An entire 1994 issue of the Journal of Psychohistory was devoted to the topic, with the overwhelming majority of the articles exhorting us to believe, believe. In this issue, one Albany, New York, psychiatrist explained how cult members “injected blood from a chalice into all her [his patient's] orifices and raped her six times each. A mother cat and her kittens were shot with a pistol and were buried with my patient in a coffin-like box. She was then removed, thrown into a lake, cleaned up and brought home.” And, of course, she remembered nothing about all this until she entered therapy.

Also in 1994, in England, Tavistock Clinic consultant psychotherapist Valerie Sinason edited Treating Survivors of Satanist Abuse, including accounts from 38 professionals, mostly British. As in the United States, belief in ritual abuse was spread through a network of “experts,” most of whom belonged to RAINS, the Ritual Abuse Information and Network Support, founded in 1989 with five members. The hysteria over ritual abuse spread rapidly, particularly after three British books came out: Dance With the Devil, by Audrey Harper (1990), Children for the Devil: Ritual Abuse, and Satanic Crime, by Tim Tate (1991), and Blasphemous Rumours, by Andrew Boyd (1991). In February of 1992, Channel 4 aired Beyond Belief, a show featuring adult Survivors who had recovered ritual abuse memories, some through Christian “deliverance ministry.” An 0800-number “helpline” available after the show received 191 calls, with thousands more failing to get through. Clearly, by that time, many British men and women had recalled abuse memories or were concerned about them. By the summer of 1993, RAIN claimed 150 members, all professionals working with purported ritual abuse victims.

FOOTNOTE 1: In the Handbook, Hammond recommends asking hypnotized MPD clients to raise their fingers in response to the question, “Is anyone inside afraid of. . .?” His list includes words that were supposedly indicative of a ritual abuse background, including stars, fire, knives, blood, being photographed, dying, candles, feces, animals being hurt, robes, a certain color, eating certain things, digging in the dirt, Halloween, the equinox, and people in a circle.

FOOTNOTE 2: During the Cold War era of the 1950s and 1960s, the CIA did, in fact, experiment with hypnosis, Amytal, LSD and other mind-altering drugs in an attempt to create an unconscious killing machine or find a way to extract information from spies. As John Marks documented in his 1979 book, The Search for the "Manchurian Candidate": The CIA and Mind Control, the unethical secret experiments were complete failures, characterized by “bumbling and pure craziness.” Therapists such as Colin Ross and Corydon Hammond took bits and pieces from Marks' book (such as his discovery that the Nazis tried out similar unsuccessful experiments) and recycled the myth of “mind control.” The Manchurian Candidate was a popular 1959 book and 1962 film starring Frank Sinatra, popularizing the myth that someone could be “programmed” to become a killing machine when properly “triggered.”