Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1)
This topic is about Child 44
Archives > December 2018-Final Thoughts-**spoilers allowed**-Child 44

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 3387 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you like) on Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1) by Tom Rob Smith Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith

Kylie H | 755 comments Finally finished this story and to be honest I nearly gave up a couple of times. The plot was good but buried down deep in a depressing Stalinist setting that was described in overwhelming detail. I think there was too much information packed into this story and the awful crime seemed almost a sideline plot.

message 3: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 3387 comments Mod
I read this some years ago and went on to read the next two in the series as well. Sadly I did not do reviews at that time but I gave them all just three stars and I remember they were heavy reading.

Kylie H | 755 comments Thanks for that Phrynne, I don't think I will bother with any more books in this series.

Judith | 20 comments Overall I enjoyed reading it, though the subject matter was harrowing. It took a while to build up any steam so it took me a few weeks to get through the first 2/3 of the book (also taking into account Christmas preparation and celebrations). The last 1/3 had me whipping through pages. I’d probably be interested to read another in the series.

message 6: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9057 comments Mod
Great you enjoyed it Judith!

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Child 44 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tom Rob Smith (other topics)