Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1)
This topic is about Child 44
Archives > December 2018-First Thoughts-**no spoilers**-Child 44

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Phrynne | 3378 comments Mod
First thoughts on Child 44 (Leo Demidov, #1) by Tom Rob Smith Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith

message 2: by Kerri_M (new) - added it

Kerri_M | 649 comments Have read this one previously (am up to date with the series) so will not be joining in on this read, but hope you all enjoy as much as I did. Happy reading

Judith | 20 comments Gosh this is making for a harrowing read, and I’m only 80 pages in! I spent some time in Russia in 1989, about the time that glasnost was happening, many Russians were just learning of the depth of the impact of Stalin. Extraordinary times in such a complex culture.

Kylie H | 753 comments Judith wrote: "Gosh this is making for a harrowing read, and I’m only 80 pages in! I spent some time in Russia in 1989, about the time that glasnost was happening, many Russians were just learning of the depth of..."
I just finished reading this Judith and it certainly was harrowing! The description of the orphanage haunted me for quite a while.

message 5: by Kerri_M (new) - added it

Kerri_M | 649 comments Well, just in case you were wondering, the series doesn't get any cheerier, it has been quite a while since I read them, but the memory of grimness has stuck with me!

Kylie H | 753 comments Thanks Kerri, noted and that series not entered on my to be read shelf!

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Child 44 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tom Rob Smith (other topics)