Aussie Readers discussion

The Nowhere Child
This topic is about The Nowhere Child
Archives > December 2018-First Thoughts-**no spoilers**-The Nowhere Child

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 11114 comments Mod
First thoughts on The Nowhere Child by Christian White The Nowhere Child by Christian White

Andrea | 1583 comments I haven’t decided whether I’ll read it yet, but I thought I’d mention it is selling pretty cheap on US Amazon at the moment - I think it’s been sitting under US$4 over the past week.

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 68754 comments Mod
I loved this one! Up in my favourites for the year!!

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8063 comments You should probably sit down to read this, Brenda, but I'm actually taking part! This is next on my TBR, and I'll fit the Robotham one in as well. Wonders will never cease!!!

message 5: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wow! Good for you Marianne ;) I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy them both!

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8063 comments Hmmm, tinfoil? Apartment? Sounds a bit American for 2018 Melbourne. But I am enjoying the story and the characters...

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8063 comments I was thinking that all those bits of "evidence" could have been fairly easily manufactured, but then....

message 8: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 11114 comments Mod
My copy has just arrived at the library.

Carolyn | 7837 comments This one's on my tbr and kindle so I'll definitely join in later this month when I've finished my challenge books.

Andrea | 1583 comments I just happened to spot a 1-week copy available at the library yesterday, so I grabbed it and will start reading...now! It looks like I should be able to finish it in time.

Andrea | 1583 comments I’m about 1/3 of the way through. It really is a gripping story. I didn’t really follow the publicity upon publication, but might have to dig back through the podcasts and so on because I’m curious about the author’s research. He’s been very clever, I think, writing this to be familiar to a US audience, while not alienating his Australian and perhaps international readers.

message 12: by Sharpay (new) - added it

Sharpay | 10 comments I'm only part way through this book but enjoying it and devouring it quickly. Very easy to get into. I'm interested to see how the characters develop / are impacted from the time when Sammy went missing to the present.

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Glad you're enjoying it Carmen :)

Kylie D | 740 comments I've just started this last night & I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm finding it one that sucks you in quickly.

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

And you must be finished Kylie - you've rated it 4 stars!

Kylie D | 740 comments Brenda wrote: "And you must be finished Kylie - you've rated it 4 stars!"

Haha yep, finished it instead of making a salad for tomorrow :P

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL!!! I know the feeling ;)