What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Ghost story book 1980's: These stories are supposed to be true

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33449 comments Mod
True Ghost Stories by Hans Holzer? There are different cover images.

(http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Keywords: true "united states" | Subject: ghost stories | 1960-1995 | Non-fiction | Book | English)

message 2: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 109 comments One of the books by Michael Norman and Beth Scott, maybe. Haunted America or Haunted Heartland, possibly. I remember that particular story being in one of their books - it was from Minnesota.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Coco's comments from another thread:

"I'm looking for the name of a book that I read in the 1980's. It had ghost stories from every state in the US. The stories were supposed to be real. The book had a blue or purple cover with two white mice on it near the bottom, I think. It was a large book. I read it in the late 1980's, it was lost after I moved. The only story I remember was set out west at an old mine. There had been an accident , a cave in I believe. Several miners were killed some not recovered. The story went that some heard the elevator coming up from the shaft, they watched as there was no power and the mine had been closed since the accident. When the elevator got to the top they saw at least three men in it. One was mangled badly, it was believed they were some of the miners who were not recovered."

message 4: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 109 comments There's also Haunted Historic America.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16196 comments Still looking, Coco?

message 6: by Kris (new)

OP (original poster) account is deleted. Moving to the "Now we'll never know" folder.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

True Ghost Stories (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Hans Holzer (other topics)