Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

1 view
Night of Miracles, by Elizabeth Berg

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
Starting December 1!

message 2: by Lilith (last edited Dec 04, 2018 05:28PM) (new)

I like the introduction! It was well written!

Nola is so cute!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
I’m starting it this weekend. I can’t wait to start it.

message 4: by Lilith (last edited Dec 05, 2018 03:59PM) (new)

It's really good so far. I love Lucille's baking classes, especially with the little kids. They're adorable! The book is so well-written. I could just picture the scenes as I'm reading them.

message 5: by Lilith (new)

Hmmm Maddy and Nola....Lucille. Then Abby, Jason and Lincoln. I don't know what to make of the storyline regarding Abby, Jason and Lincoln...I feel like maybe it doesn't really fit in the book 100 %. They're not talked about nearly as much as Maddy, Nola and Lucille. In fact, as I was reading, on more than one occasion I forgot about them! And then suddenly their story appeared out of the blue. It didn't seem to fit.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Hmmm. I’m going to start the book this weekend.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Sorry I’ve been MIA!! I’m going to read this on Xmas. My life will slow down next Tuesday.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Okay just finished it. At first I got confused by all the characters. I liked how they wrapped up the story. I didn’t think Lucille was sick enough to die. I would have liked to see more Maddy and Nola. I don’t think this series needed a sequel, but it was a nice read.

I want to learn how to bake.

message 9: by Lilith (last edited Jan 04, 2019 04:54PM) (new)

I agree with her not being sick enough to die actually! and about the series not needing a sequel.

You should learn how to bake! It's fun! Check out www.isachandra.com! The recipes are very easy and they're all vegan!