AMLIT bookclub discussion

First Impressions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lani-Vassor (new)

Lani-Vassor | 3 comments my first impression of this book was that it isn't that interesting. I don't like the story plot and how its going. It doesn't really fit my interest in books

message 2: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments yeah I agree, I feel like its starting off pretty slow but I think it will progress later in the story.

message 3: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments what do you guys think as well?

message 4: by Bonner (new)

Bonner Cam | 4 comments hey guys

message 5: by Bonner (new)

Bonner Cam | 4 comments cy is a sucka

message 6: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Garner | 2 comments Mod
I think the story is starting off very interesting and that the way the author gives us a look at the character is very interesting.I the the story will be very interesting and give me a look at life without books.

message 7: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments so me and Jelani think the same about it so far, what makes you think it started off interesting cy ?

message 8: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments on page 96 when it shows the "the sea of faith", I think it was talkig about how things use to be and comparing to what they feel now. it says "was once tooo at the full and round earths shore
lay folds of a bright girdle furled.
but now I only hear
its melancholy long withdrawing roar
retreating to her breath". also it tlks about love and pain

message 9: by Lani-Vassor (new)

Lani-Vassor | 3 comments I agree with Gage about what the poem is talking about a little, but I feel like the second poem was speaking on what their love is like and how one felt about the other. But in the first poem, I think the poem was talking about how someone lost faith in something and how they are comparing it to things like naked shingles of the world and they were making analogies and metaphors of how the person felt.

message 10: by Lani-Vassor (new)

Lani-Vassor | 3 comments Do you guys think that this book is one that you would recommend to someone one?
I wouldn't because personally I don't like it but I like how the book flows and how it is written I just think it isn't interesting.

message 11: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments same here , not to big in books but theres defienatly a lot more books that are more interesting thn this

message 12: by Cameron (new)

Cameron Garner | 2 comments Mod
So I've continued reading the book and its getting more interesting the main character is evolving. Any updates on the book for you guys.

message 13: by Gage (new)

Gage | 6 comments oops , didn't see this comment till now , computer been a lil jacked up recently , how do you think the character is involving ?

message 14: by Bonner (new)

Bonner Cam | 4 comments Book is weird

message 15: by Bonner (new)

Bonner Cam | 4 comments But it’s also interesting I love the characters