Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Reading Challenges > Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,054 (1054 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod

In 2016 I started this challenge because I joined Goodreads in 2012, and still had books on my "to read" shelf from back then. They just stared at me... mockingly... asking me when I'm going to either read them or remove them from my shelf...
So in 2016 I cleaned out the closet and read or deleted all the books I have left on my TBR that I added in 2012.

It gave me a real kick in the pants to get those old books read, so I did it again in 2017 and in 2018. Although I didn't *quite* reach my goal, it did have me reading interesting books, and deleting others off my TBR.
So I'm doing it again in 2019. Would you like to join me?

This reading challenge is simple...
>sort your "to read" shelf by date
>pick the books that you are going to read which have been on your list the longest and set yourself a goal. You may decide to read all of your books from the oldest year, or you may just take the oldest 20, or 50, or 5 books on your list. Completely up to you how you set your goal and how many books you read!

I would appreciate it if you post your thoughts on the books once you finish them. Was it worth waiting for? :)

-Karen

Emerald Coin Reading Challenges ~ Emerald Coin Emerald Coin

Earn your Emerald Coins with the Reading Challenges. Must Join a participating Reading Challenge on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn an Emerald Coin:
Emerald Coin One Coin upon "cleaning out" (reading) 30 books that have been on your TBR for more than one year

Learn about Gem coins here

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 26, 2018 03:29PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod
A spreadsheet has been created to show all of our players, your target, how many books read, and what your % to your goal is comparative to other players.

Everyone has access to columns C and D, so you can update your target and your books read whenever you like :)

Link to spreadsheet is here

message 5: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Dec 18, 2019 06:18PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14257 comments Mod
Progress 18/21

I'm going to do things differently this year, starting off my oldest with series books to finish, then the three oldest books on my TBR (from date added), and then five oldest books I can get on audio from the library

Series to Finish Added in 2013
Done!

Series to Finish Added in 2015
5. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

Three oldest on my TBR (from 2013)
15. Little, Big by John Crowley

Four oldest on my TBR that are available on audio from the library plus a chunkster
18. Tripwire (Jack Reacher, #3) by Lee Child

=====

Finished

January 21. Wildlife (Six Impossible Things/Wildlife #2) by Fiona Wood 2. Castle in the Air (Howl's Moving Castle, #2) by Diana Wynne Jones
February 14. Eleven by Mark Watson 19. The Witchfinder's Sister by Beth Underdown
April 16. A Corner of White (The Colors of Madeleine, #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty 6. Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard, #4) by Charlaine Harris 8. Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3) by Charlaine Harris
June 1. Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb 9. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor
July 4. Eternity's Wheel (InterWorld, #3) by Neil Gaiman 7. Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews
October 11. Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray 10. Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2) by Rachel Hartman
November Deleted as I can't get this from the library 3. The House at Sea's End (Ruth Galloway, #3) by Elly Griffiths

December
12. Tempting Fate (The Immortal Descendants, #2) by April White 13. The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell 17. Around the World in Eighty Days (Extraordinary Voyages, #11) by Jules Verne 20. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

message 7: by Devann (last edited Nov 18, 2019 07:35AM) (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2684 comments this year i am only doing 60 books because doing 90 last year just about killed me. although i'm also doing 20 books with the weight loss challenge this year so that brings my number up to 80 again ...#oops. i tried.

i am first going to get rid of the few sequel books i still have on my shelf that i added in 2017. then for the rest of the year i will be reading standalone books that i added in 2017.

JANUARY
[01] The Selkie by Nicole Field
[02] Johannes Cabal the Detective by Jonathan L. Howard
[03] The Tale of a Faerie Knight by Tay LaRoi
[04] Attack of the Metaplot by Alice Degan

FEBRUARY
[05] The Terracotta Bride by Zen Cho
[06] Red by Ramsey Shehadeh
[07] The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez
[08] Unicorns Don't Come to Black People by Shekina Spears
[09] Fairy Tales are for White People by Melissa Yuan-Innes
[10] A Line in the Dark by Malinda Lo
[11] Midnight Robber by Nalo Hopkinson
[12] The Devourers by Indra Das
[13] She Who Destroys the Light: Fairy Tales Gone Wrong by Shahida Arabi

MARCH
[14] Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scarytales by Kiersten White
[15] The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
[16] Danse Macabre by Laura M. Hughes
[17] My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales by Kate Bernheimer
[18] Cranky Ladies of History by Tehani Croft Wessely
[19] War for the Oaks by Emma Bull

APRIL
[20] The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel
[21] How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written by Sterling Archer
[22] Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard

MAY
[23] Phantastic Fantasy by Resa Nelson
[24] The Beast That Never Was by Caren J. Werlinger
[25] Stardust by Neil Gaiman
[26] Magical Mechanications by Pip Ballantine
[27] Upside Down: Inverted Tropes in Storytelling by Jaym Gates
[28] Phaethon by Rachel Sharp

JUNE
[29] Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
[30] Absolute Power: Tales of Queer Villainy by Erica Friedman
[31] Blood Divine by Greg Howard
[32] Lost Gods by Brom
[33] Athena's Daughters, vol. 2: Women in Science Fiction and Fantasy by Maggie Allen
[34] The Lavender Menace: Tales of Queer Villainy! by Tom Cardamone
[35] The Prey of Gods by Nicky Drayden
[36] The Gilda Stories by Jewelle L. Gómez
[37] The Mapmaker's Daughter: A Steampunk Novel by Joanna Emerson

JULY
[38] The Crow: The Story Behind the Film by Bridget Baiss
[39] The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
[40] Believe Me: A Memoir of Love, Death, and Jazz Chickens by Eddie Izzard
[41] Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me by Carrie Ann DiRisio
[42] Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
[43] Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories from History—without the Fairy-Tale Endings by Linda Rodríguez McRobbie
[44] The Martian by Andy Weir
[45] Odd & True by Cat Winters

AUGUST
[46] Clockwork Wings: the Chronicles of Icarus by Stacy Buck
[47] Queer, There and Everywhere: 23 People Who Changed the World by Sarah Prager
[48] The Good Fight by Scott Bachmann

SEPTEMBER
[49] Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders by Neil Gaiman
[50] Ash by Malinda Lo
[51] The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo
[52] A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
[53] The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury
[54] The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase
[55] Curtain Call by Nathan Squiers

OCTOBER
[56] Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh
[57] Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker
[58] What the #@&% Is That?: The Saga Anthology of the Monstrous and the Macabre by John Joseph Adams

NOVEMBER
[59] The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell
[60] The Modern Fae's Guide to Surviving Humanity by Joshua Palmatier
[61] The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

message 8: by Keely (last edited Dec 31, 2019 12:20PM) (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 512 comments I'm so happy to be doing this challenge again this year as it helps motivate me to read books on my TBR list.

This year I have decided to focus mostly on books that are part of a series. Some will be part of series that I have started, but not yet finished. As some of the books are fairly short and I beat my target of 20 books last year, I am going to aim for at least 25 books. Most of the books have been on my TBR list since 2012 or 2013 so it will help clean up some of my earlier added books.

Cleaning out the TBR closet 2019 challenge
Duration: 1st January 2019 to 31st December 2019

37/25

Left over from last year:
Angels & Demons 5/1/19
A Small Part of Me 18/8/19
Catch-22
Pride and Prejudice 16/9/19
Little Women 19/9/19
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Voices from the Holocaust: First-hand Accounts from the Frontline of History 21/1/19

Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown A Small Part of Me by Noëlle Harrison Catch-22 by Joseph Heller Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Little Women by Louisa May Alcott The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Extraordinary Voyages, #6) by Jules Verne Voices from the Holocaust First-hand Accounts from the Frontline of History by Jon E. Lewis

Series:
His Dark Materials
The Subtle Knife 2/3/19
The Amber Spyglass 18/10/19

The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2) by Philip Pullman The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) by Philip Pullman

Series of Unfortunate Events
The Vile Village 16/1/19
The Hostile Hospital 24/2/19
The Carnivorous Carnival 22/4/19
The Slippery Slope 3/9/19
The Grim Grotto 5/11/19
The Penultimate Peril 11/12/19
The End 31/12/19

The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8) by Lemony Snicket The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9) by Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10) by Lemony Snicket The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11) by Lemony Snicket The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #12) by Lemony Snicket The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #13) by Lemony Snicket

Chronicles of Nania
The Magician's Nephew 7/7/19
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 9/8/19
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) by C.S. Lewis The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5) by C.S. Lewis Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2) by C.S. Lewis The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3) by C.S. Lewis The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7) by C.S. Lewis

Percy Jackson and the Olympians
The Lightning Thief 23/3/19
The Sea of Monsters 12/6/19
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Last Olympian

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

Mortal Instruments
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
City of Heavenly Fire (If I can get my hands on a copy)

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare

Fifty Shade
Fifty Shades Darker 19/2/19
Fifty Shades Freed 29/11/19

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James

Millennium
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl in the Spider's Web
The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye (If I can get a hold of a copy)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson The Girl in the Spider's Web (Millennium, #4) by David Lagercrantz The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye (Millennium, #5) by David Lagercrantz

Artemis Fowl
I may re-read the first three books as it has been many years since I read them. I will only list the ones on my TBR and we'll see what happens.
The Opal Deception
The Lost Colony
The Time Paradox
The Atlantis Complex (Not yet owned)
The Last Guardian (Not yet owned)

The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl #4) by Eoin Colfer The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl #5) by Eoin Colfer The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl #6) by Eoin Colfer The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl #7) by Eoin Colfer The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8) by Eoin Colfer

A Song of Ice and Fire
Now I read these quite slow because they are so long. I generally read one a year, but as version of book 3 I have is split into 2 books, I will aim to read them both. If not, one of them for definite.
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow
A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold

A Storm of Swords Steel and Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3 Part 1 of 2) by George R.R. Martin A Storm of Swords Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3 Part 2 of 2) by George R.R. Martin

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 24/1/19
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator 2/2/19

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket, #1) by Roald Dahl Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2) by Roald Dahl

Oz series
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz 13/6/19
The Marvelous Land of Oz 29/11/19
Ozma of Oz
Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
The Road to Oz
The Emerald City of Oz
The Patchwork Girl of Oz
Tik-Tok of Oz
The Scarecrow of Oz
Rinkitink in Oz
The Lost Princess of Oz
The Tin Woodman of Oz
The Magic of Oz
Glinda of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) by L. Frank Baum The Marvelous Land of Oz (Oz, #2) by L. Frank Baum Ozma of Oz (Oz, #3) by L. Frank Baum Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz (Oz, #4) by L. Frank Baum The Road to Oz (Oz, #5) by L. Frank Baum The Emerald City of Oz (Oz #6) by L. Frank Baum The Patchwork Girl of Oz by L. Frank Baum Tik-Tok of Oz (Oz, #8) by L. Frank Baum The Scarecrow of Oz (Oz, #9) by L. Frank Baum Rinkitink in Oz (Oz, #10) by L. Frank Baum The Lost Princess of Oz (Oz, #11) by L. Frank Baum The Tin Woodman of Oz (Oz, #12) by L. Frank Baum The Magic of Oz (Oz, #13) by L. Frank Baum Glinda of Oz (Oz, #14) by L. Frank Baum

Other:
The Rainmaker
What Katy Did 8/5/19
Les Misérables 1/11/19
Twelfth Night
The Comedy of Errors 2/11/19
Titanic 23/7/19
1,423 QI Facts to Bowl You Over 16/4/19
The Alchemist 14/4/19
Prescribed 27/6/19
The Holocaust 29/7/19
Secretary 19/10/19
1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader 18/10/19
My Sister's Keeper 7/11/19
Charlotte's Web 8/11/19
The Last Don 5/12/19

The Rainmaker by John Grisham What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare Titanic by Filson Young 1,423 QI Facts to Bowl You Over by John Lloyd The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho Prescribed (A STEAMY Coming of Age Romance) by Talia Day The Holocaust by Open University Secretary by Alexis Blake 1,001 Facts that Will Scare the S#*t Out of You The Ultimate Bathroom Reader by Cary McNeal My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult Charlotte's Web by E.B. White The Last Don by Mario Puzo

message 9: by Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (last edited Dec 30, 2019 09:33PM) (new)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 382 comments Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019

I'm planning on reading books I added 2012-2016. I'm hoping to also take books off my to-read list that I am no longer interested in as I go. I at least want to have less than 100 books on my 2012 list, which means reading at least 22 books for that year.

Added in 2012
Total Read: 32

(view spoiler)
Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm, #2) by Lisa Papademetriou Angel Fever (Angel, #3) by L.A. Weatherly If You're Reading This, It's Too Late (Secret, #2) by Pseudonymous Bosch The Prey (The Hunt, #2) by Andrew Fukuda Scorch (Croak, #2) by Gina Damico Yesterday by C.K. Kelly Martin The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4) by Alex Scarrow Passion Blue (Passion Blue, #1) by Victoria Strauss Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan Kinslayer (The Lotus Wars, #2) by Jay Kristoff Belladonna (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #2) by Fiona Paul Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt Between by Jessica Warman The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley Undead (Undead, #1) by Kirsty McKay Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst Rae of Hope (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1) by W.J. May Sleepers (The Swarm Trilogy, #1) by Megg Jensen Risked (The Missing, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Intrinsical (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #1) by Lani Woodland Fated (Fated, #1) by Sarah Alderson City of a Thousand Dolls (Bhinian Empire, #1) by Miriam Forster Silver (Bandia, #1) by Talia Vance Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore The Torn Wing (The Faerie Ring, #2) by Kiki Hamilton Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, #1) by Jody Gehrman Living Violet (The Cambion Chronicles, #1) by Jaime Reed Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) by Karina Halle Sunrise (Ashfall, #3) by Mike Mullin The Fear (The Enemy, #3) by Charlie Higson
Added in 2013
Total Read: 14

(view spoiler)
Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Second Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #2) by Ann Brashares Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2) by Robin Benway Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt The Trap (The Hunt, #3) by Andrew Fukuda Revealed (The Missing, #7) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Redeemed (The Missing, #8) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Dying to Forget (The Station #1) by Trish Marie Dawson The Treatment (The Program, #2) by Suzanne Young The Candymakers (The Candymakers, #1) by Wendy Mass Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #2) by Lani Woodland Broken Symmetry by Dan Rix Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3) by Jay Kristoff Rogue (Croak, #3) by Gina Damico
Added in 2014
Total Read: 9

(view spoiler)
Netherworld (Soul Guardians #4) by Kim Richardson Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #3) by Ann Brashares Forever in Blue The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4) by Ann Brashares The Remedy (The Program, #3) by Suzanne Young Paper Dolls (Dark Carousel, #2) by Anya Allyn Crossed (Soul Eaters, #3) by Eliza Crewe Light as a Feather (Weeping Willow High #1) by Zoe Aarsen Blackbird (Blackbird, #1) by Anna Carey
Added in 2015
Total Read: 4

(view spoiler)
You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young The Near Witch (The Near Witch, #1) by Victoria Schwab Shattered Stars (Broken Skies, #3) by Theresa Kay
Added in 2016
Total Read: 13

(view spoiler)
Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6) by Louise Rennison Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7) by Louise Rennison Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8) by Louise Rennison Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9) by Louise Rennison Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10) by Louise Rennison This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4) by Pseudonymous Bosch You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5) by Pseudonymous Bosch Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1) by A.V. Geiger The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander Strings by David Estes

DNF
Girl The Reaper by L.A. Rikand Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1) by Christie Anderson Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2) by Bethany Griffin Initiate (The Unfinished Song, #1) by Tara Maya A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood, #1) by Penelope King Echo in Time (Erasing Time, #2) by C.J. Hill The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2) by Lisa M. Stasse

message 10: by Vicki Willis (last edited Nov 27, 2019 10:33AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 355 comments Cleaning out the TBR Closet 2019

Last year I was able to clean out 15, so this year I will go for 20. I have decided to do 5 books that I actually own from each year starting in 2014 when I joined GR.

Book Read: 21/20

1. The Safe Man: A Ghost Story ****
2. Mulholland Dive ****
3. Saving Ben ***
4. Embryo ****
5. Angle of Investigation *****
6. Found ***

1. All Good Deeds ****
2. Monstrosity ****
3. The Road ****

1. The 4th Man ****
2. Red Rising ****
3. Right Behind You *****
4. Homegoing *****
5. The Secret Life of Souls ***
6. The Missing **
7. If I Was Your Girl *****

1. Mister Tender's Girl ****
2. The Handmaid's Tale ****
3. Little Boy Lost ****
4. Triptych *****
5. I Know A Secret *****

message 11: by Eldarwen (last edited Dec 30, 2019 06:20AM) (new)

Eldarwen | 9771 comments Mod
New year, new attempt... *grin*

Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019
Duration: January 1 - December 31, 2019
✔ Completed: 29/50
Extras completed:

Leftovers - i.e. books I've been adding to the list since the first time this challenge was run
✔ 1. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - 9th September
2. A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton - removed from TBR
3. The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
6. Tintenherz by Cornelia Funke

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) by Brent Weeks The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Tintenherz (Tintenwelt, #1) by Cornelia Funke

Books added in 2013
7. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
8. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
9. Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold by Terry Brooks
10. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
11. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
12. Sonnenpfeil by Federica de Cesco - removed from TBR
✔ 13. In Vino Veritas & The Gauntlet & The Queen's Witch by Karen Chance (3 short stories) - 27th & 28th December
14. Pegasus by Robin McKinley
15. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
✔ 16. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - 20th April
17. Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Margaret Weis
18. We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
19. Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
20. Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper
21. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #1) by Terry Brooks One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt Sonnenpfeil (Der rote Seidenschal, #3) by Federica de Cesco In Vino Veritas (Dorina Basarab, #2.1) by Karen Chance The Gauntlet (Cassandra Palmer #0.5) by Karen Chance The Queen's Witch (Cassandra Palmer #0.6) by Karen Chance Pegasus (Pegasus, #1) by Robin McKinley The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, #1) by Margaret Weis We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) by Robert Ludlum

Older series that need to be started / continued / finished
22. Timeless by Gail Carriger
23. The Rogue by Trudi Canavan
✔ 24. Nightlife by Rob Thurman - read 9th June
✔ 25. The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller - 19th March
26. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
✔ 27. Beauty by Robin McKinley - read 5th August
✔ 28. Grave Ransom by Kalayne Price - read 19th October
29. The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett
✔ 30. The Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko - 17th August
31. Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
32. The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks
33. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
34. Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence
35. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
36. Pegasus and the Flame by Kate O'Hearn
✔ 37. Forsaken by Jana Oliver - 1st April
38. The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
39. The Heart of Myrial by Maggie Furey
40. Trick of the Dark. by Val McDermid by Val McDermid
✔ 41. Wickedly Dangerous by Deborah Blake - 12th July
✔ 42. The Chemistry of Death by Simon Beckett - 1st September
43. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
✔ 44. Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian - 24th April
45. Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs
46. The Archived by Victoria Schwab
✔ 47. Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks - 21st January
48. The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley
✔ 49. Unwind by Neal Shusterman - 29th April
50. Sepulchre by Kate Mosse

Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5) by Gail Carriger The Rogue (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #2) by Trudi Canavan Nightlife (Cal Leandros #1) by Rob Thurman The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, #1) by Karen Miller The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss Beauty by Robin McKinley Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5) by Kalayna Price The Colour of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett The Last Watch (Watch, #4) by Sergei Lukyanenko Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6) by Sophie Kinsella The Scions of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #1) by Terry Brooks Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4) by Christopher Paolini Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin Pegasus and the Flame (Pegasus #1) by Kate O'Hearn Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Anne Rice The Heart of Myrial (Shadowleague, #1) by Maggie Furey Trick of the Dark by Val McDermid Wickedly Dangerous (Baba Yaga, #1) by Deborah Blake The Chemistry of Death (David Hunter, #1) by Simon Beckett Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs The Archived (The Archived, #1) by Victoria Schwab Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Sepulchre (Languedoc Trilogy, #2) by Kate Mosse

Recent series I want to continue / finish
✔ 51. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas - 3rd November
✔ 52. Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews - 19th April
53. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
54. The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett
✔ 55. Betrayed by P.C. Cast - 11th April
56. Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder
57. Shadow's Bane by Karen Chance
58. Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume by Kerstin Gier
59. Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
60. Knight's Shadow by Sebastien de Castell

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine The Desert Spear (Demon Cycle, #2) by Peter V. Brett Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast Dawn Study (Study Series, Book 6) by Maria V. Snyder Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4) by Karen Chance Silber Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1) by Kerstin Gier Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4) by Anne Bishop Knight's Shadow (Greatcoats, #2) by Sebastien de Castell

Books by Wolfgang Hohlbein
61. Elfentanz
62. Hagen von Tronje

Elfentanz by Wolfgang Hohlbein Hagen von Tronje by Wolfgang Hohlbein

Classics
63. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
64. Atonement by Ian McEwan
65. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
66. Le Comte de Monte-Cristo I by Alexandre Dumas
✔ 67. Lord of the Flies by William Golding - 13th September

The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle Atonement by Ian McEwan Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Le Comte de Monte-Cristo I (Le Comte de Monte-Cristo #1 of 2) by Alexandre Dumas Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Books added in 2014
68. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
69. Shadow by K.J. Parker
70. Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin
71. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer
72. Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
73. It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning
✔ 74. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - read 11th May

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Shadow (Scavenger, #1) by K.J. Parker Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer Shades of Grey (Shades of Grey, #1) by Jasper Fforde It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones

Books added in 2015
75. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
76. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
77. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
78. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
79. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
80. Mercy Seat by Wayne Price
81. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
82. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
83. Tam Lin by Pamela Dean

Nefertiti by Michelle Moran Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen The Princess Bride by William Goldman Mercy Seat by Wayne Price Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan Dumplin' (Dumplin' #1) by Julie Murphy Tam Lin by Pamela Dean

Random books that have been on my physical shelf for a while but not necessarily on my GR TBR shelf as long
84. Payla: Die Goldinsel by Pierre Heinen
85. An der Wiege der Zukunft by Claude Peiffer
86. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
✔ 87. Friedhof der Kuscheltiere by Stephen King - 4th July
✔ 88. Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim - 20th August
✔ 89. Gaudenzia, Pride of the Palio by Marguerite Henry - 8th January
✔ 90. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy - 19th February

Payla Die Goldinsel by Pierre Heinen An der Wiege der Zukunft by Claude Peiffer Fingersmith by Sarah Waters Friedhof der Kuscheltiere by Stephen King Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim Gaudenzia, Pride of the Palio by Marguerite Henry Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) by Derek Landy

Some very recent ones:
91. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
92. The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale
✔ 93. My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - 14th January
94. Aquarií: Schlucht der Erinnerung by Sandra Baumgärtner
✔ 95. The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly - 27th August
96. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
✔ 97. Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean - 24th March
✔ 98. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - 23rd November
99. Circe by Madeline Miller
100. The Wren Hunt by Mary Watson

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella Aquarií Schlucht der Erinnerung by Sandra Baumgärtner The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Reilly The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel Circe by Madeline Miller The Wren Hunt (The Wren Hunt, #1) by Mary Watson

message 12: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 6 comments Reserved...

message 13: by Tarmia (last edited Jan 01, 2020 02:18AM) (new)

Tarmia | 60 comments Cleaning out the TBR Closet 2019:

19/50

20 from 2015:

1.A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
2. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld 2/09/19
3. Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult 28/02/19
4. Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
5. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 29/21/19
7. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton 01/12/19
8. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
9. Goodnight, Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson 27/11/19
10. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak 11/11/19
11. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
12. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
13. Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
14. Animal Farm by George Orwell 31/12/19
15. The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells
16. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne 2/10/19
17.On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta 13/10/19
18. Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
19. Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn 14/11/19
20. Where Are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark 12/09/19

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1) by Steven Erikson Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters, #1) by Juliet Marillier Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl #1) by Eoin Colfer Goodnight, Beautiful by Dorothy Koomson I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy Animal Farm by George Orwell The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn Where Are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark
20 from 2016:

1. Beyond the Deepwoods by Paul Stewart
2. Pillar of Light by Gerald N. Lund
3. Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs
4. Alice by Christina Henry 05/11/19
5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness 13/09/19
6. Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman
7. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
8.Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journalby Chris Colfer 28/10/2019
9. Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi 28/09/2019
10. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
12. The Twelve by Justin Cronin
13. The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin
14. Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven 16/09/19
15. Ticker by Lisa Mantchev
16. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
17. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
18. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
19. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
20. The Metropolis Case by Matthew Gallaway

Beyond the Deepwoods (The Edge Chronicles The Twig Saga #1) by Paul Stewart Pillar of Light (The Work and the Glory #1) by Gerald N. Lund The Substitute Bride by SweetBlunch Alice (The Chronicles of Alice, #1) by Christina Henry A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys Struck By Lightning The Carson Phillips Journal by Chris Colfer Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George The Twelve (The Passage, #2) by Justin Cronin The City of Mirrors (The Passage, #3) by Justin Cronin Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven Ticker by Lisa Mantchev Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta The Magicians (The Magicians, #1) by Lev Grossman The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West The Metropolis Case by Matthew Gallaway
Leftovers from Last Year's Challenge:

1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
2. The Choice byvSuzanne Woods Fisher 31/1/19
3. Evelina by Fanny Burney 13/12/19
4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
5. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
6. A Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne
7. The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
9. Ya Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells 26/03/19
10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

message 14: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 06, 2019 10:16AM) (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 238 comments I'm going to list 40 and hope to read 20. This year I listed 25 and so far have read all but 6, so i think I can raise the stakes:

Murder is Binding ***Read 1Q19
Don't Hex with Texas ***Read 1Q19
When Did We Lose Harriet? ****Read July 2019
Strangled Prose ****Read July 2019
Handbags and Homicide
The Long Quiche Goodbye
Fashions Fade, Haunted Is Eternal ***Read July 2019
Delicious and Suspicious **Read August 2019***
A Parfait Murder ****Read July 2019
Who Do, Voodoo? Read August 2019
A Deadly Grind ***Read 1Q19
Dead Air ***Read 1Q19
Spun By Sorcery
Charmed & Dangerous
Behind the Seams
Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ***Read 1Q19
Ashenden ****Read July 2019
Final Sentence
Gluten for Punishment
Hey There (You with the Gun in Your Hand) **Read September 2019
Dying for Danish ***Read 1Q19
Buried in a Bog ***Read 1Q19
A Serpent's Tooth ***Read 1Q19
Of Grave Concern
True Evil ***Read 2Q19
Hell Is Empty ***Read 2Q19
As The Crow Flies ****Read 2Q19
Fashionably Dead *****Read 2Q19
The Long Stitch Good Night
Death of an Honest Man ***Read 1Q19
Well Read, Then Dead *****Read August 2019
Tails, You Lose ***Read 1Q19
Engaged in Murder ***Read 1Q19
The Obituary Society ***Read 1Q19
The Madness of Mercury ****Read 2Q19
These Haunts are Made for Walking Read 2Q19
Death by Coffee ***Read 1Q19
The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II ***Read 1Q19
Just Desserts ***Read 1Q19
Better Homes and Corpses ***Read 1Q19

message 15: by Lexi (last edited Dec 29, 2019 09:22PM) (new)

Lexi | 2608 comments I have made it to 30 the last two years and will try again in 2019. I am down to only 3 from 2015. I added 287 in 2016 so that is a bit much to deal with. (2016 was the year I moved all of my written lists and notes onto Goodreads). I added 42 books in February 2016, so I will try to read 30 of them. I got under 600 but am back at 620 after adding from all the Best of lists at the end of the year.
Edit: Also counts to try to read the 20 books that I own but have not read. TBR is at 650 now (1/11/19)

Total: 18/42

2015 2/2:
1. Cold Magic - 12/20-****
2. Starflight - DNF
3. The Relic Master - 3/3-***

Feb 2016 11/20:
1. Nice Dragons Finish Last - 4/9-***
2. Under a Painted Sky - 4/16-***
3. The Miniaturist - 6/8-***
4. The Passage - 7/30-***
5. Sleeping Giants - 9/17-****
6. A History of Glitter and Blood - 11/7-***
7. Resenting the Hero - 11/16-***
8. Archivist Wasp -11/19 - ****
9. An Anonymous Girl - 11/24-***
10. The Assassin's Curse - 11/23-***
11. Unshapely Things - 11/24 -**

Owned 5/20:
1. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail - 1/30-***
2. A Year of Biblical Womanhood - 3/15 - ****
3. Gilead - 4/16-*****
4. The Fifth Season - 12/5-*****
5. The Old Drift - 12/29-****

message 16: by Louise (last edited Dec 21, 2019 02:47AM) (new)

Louise | 382 comments Still have over 3000 books in my TBR pile even after doing this in 2018. I briefly dipped under 3000 books last year - then ended up adding more...! Therefore time to get close to reading 1% of the pile by reading 30 books added in 2014 this year...Hopefully I won't end up adding too many more books to this never ending list...

30/30 Completed 21/12

1. The Last Battle of the Icemark 5/1
2. Rin!, Volume 03 7/1
3. Dear Myself8/1
4. Wolf's Rain, Vol. 1 10/1
5. Hellsing, Vol. 01 10/1
6. Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma 10/1
7. Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Vol. 1 10/1
8. Starclimber 19/1
9. Cleopatra: A Life 28/1
10. Coraline 31/1
11. Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases 16/4
12. Girl with a Pearl Earring 18/4
13. The Left Hand of Darkness 28/4
14. Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 1: Cosmic Avengers 29/4
15. Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World 8/6
16. The Hundred-Foot Journey 12/6
17. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan 2/7
18. The Elder Gods 23/7
19. Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman 29/7
20. Those Left Behind 23/9
21. Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story 23/9
22. The Sandman: Overture 23/9
23. Sandman Mystery Theatre, Vol. 1: The Tarantula 23/9
24. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Freefall 23/9
25. Cinderella, Volume 1: From Fabletown with Love 24/9
26. Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 1 24/9
27. The Road to the Dark Tower: Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus 14/10
28. Beautiful Creatures 8/11
29. Hokkaido Highway Blues: Hitchhiking Japan 19/11
30. Under the Dome 21/12

message 18: by Teresa (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:52PM) (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) I use ficfact to track my series,

I have 71 completed series out of 153

I am working on my first 30 entries which has 18 completed series and 11 in progress

First round
Queen Anne's Lace
The 18th AbductionLook Alive Twenty-Five
NYPD Red 3
Raining Cats & DogsIn Dublin's Fair City
Seconds Away
The Crossing
The Fifth Witness
Hourglass
Gone
The Neighbor
Love You More

series axed Crossword mysteries because series rating is 3.21 and my rating for less 3 books were 3 or lower,

message 19: by Christina (last edited Dec 30, 2019 11:01PM) (new)

Christina Byrne (cmbyrne87) | 46 comments Going to try for the 20 oldest on the list this year.

1. Envy 12/16/19
2. Infamous
3. Dark Bites 10/29/19
4. Son of No One
5. Twisted
6. Night Broken
7. The Princess Diaries
8. Rapture
9. Boundless 3/26/19
10. Sweet Peril
11. Radiant Shadows
12. Moonshine
13. Fragments 9/12/19
14. Invisible 9/22/19
15. Gone
16. For Real 1/3/19
17. The Lightning Thief
18. Ender's Game 1/8/19
19. Bewitching
20. If I Stay

message 20: by Nele (last edited Apr 23, 2019 10:55AM) (new)

Nele | 24 comments I will try to get to all the books I added to my Goodreads list in 2015. I am also hoping to get to some books on my physical tbr that I only added to Goodreads later on.

Books longest on Goodreads TBR
(in this case from 2015)

Read 10/14

X 1. A Clockwork Orange - 22.04.2019
2. The Fellowship of the Ring
3. Verblendung
X 4. Die Bücherdiebin - 08.01.2019
5. Das verborgene Lied
X 6. Murder on the Orient Express - 14.04.2019
X 7. The Book of Life - 13.01.2019
X 8. Sommerwind - 30.01.2019
X 9. A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets
X 10. Dead Poets Society - 23.01.2019
11. Die Stadt der Träumenden Bücher
X 12. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
X 13. Die Teerose - 02.01.2019
X 14. The Host - 26.03.2019

books on my physical tbr for a long time (3/9)

X 1. Der Joker - 14.01.2019
2. Der Tanz der Kraniche
3. Die Treppe zum Meer
4. Wer Wind sät
X 5. Glennkill - 22.04.2019
6. Der Schatz im Silbersee
X 7. Eragon - 15.03.2019
8. Peter Pan
9. Die von Montparnasse

message 21: by Melanie (last edited Dec 04, 2018 04:35PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 714 comments Alright so I'm hoping to clear out everything added in 2014 which is the oldest stuff I have on here and this should be a good way to motivate me. 2015 is when I really started keeping track of stuff and added my entire collection, so 2014 isn't too bad in terms of the number of books.

The only items I will be skipping that I added in 2014 are the Game of Thrones books plus the companion book The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones. I don't want to start those until I actually know the next book is coming out as I don't want to be stuck waiting a bajillion years like the people who are current on the series.

So excluding GoT, I have 26 books left that were added in 2014 (17 are on my physical bookshelves, 6 I have ebooks of, and 3 I don't have at all).

Books on my physical shelves:

1. The Three Fates of Ryan Love by Erin Quinn
2. Split Second by Kasie West
3. Day 21 by Kass Morgan
4. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
5. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
6. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
7. Starflight by Melissa Landers
8. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
9. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
10. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
11. Jurassic Park / The Lost World by Michael Crichton
12. The Vampire Diaries Vol. 1 by Colleen Doran
13. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
14. Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan
15. Homecoming by Kass Morgan
16. Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
17. Sweet Ruin by Kresley Cole

The Three Fates of Ryan Love (Beyond, #2) by Erin Quinn Split Second by Kasie West Day 21 (The 100, #2) by Kass Morgan The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Jurassic Park / The Lost World (Jurassic Park, #1-2) by Michael Crichton The Vampire Diaries Vol. 1 by Colleen Doran Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan Homecoming (The 100, #3) by Kass Morgan Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #16) by Kresley Cole

Books I have eBooks of:

1. The Seven Sins of Ruby Love by Erin Quinn
2. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
3. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
4. Ticker by Lisa Mantchev
5. Marked by Sarah Fine
6. My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

The Seven Sins of Ruby Love (Beyond, #3) by Erin Quinn Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Ticker by Lisa Mantchev Marked (Servants of Fate, #1) by Sarah Fine My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite, #1) by Robert Dugoni

Books I don't have copies of:

1. Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers
2. Girl Underwater by Claire Kells
3. Just in Time for a Highlander by Gwyn Cready

Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers Girl Underwater by Claire Kells Just in Time for a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #1) by Gwyn Cready

message 22: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2684 comments @Melanie i don't blame you for not starting game of thrones yet. i got about halfway through book 4 i think before running out of steam and now i would have to start all over to remember all the plot points so i'm waiting to see if he actually ever finishes the series before i start over again lol

message 23: by Rowena (last edited Dec 23, 2019 12:49AM) (new)

Rowena Tylden-Pattenson | 22 comments Completed: 9/50
Duration: 01.01.2019- 31.12.2019

Leftovers from last year's challenge:
From 2011
1. 1984 by George Orwell
2. The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
4. Dracula by Bram Stoker
5. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
6. Don Quixote by Cervantes

From 2014
7. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

1984 by George Orwell The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde Dracula by Bram Stoker The Handmaid's Tale (The Handmaid's Tale, #1) by Margaret Atwood Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Series to continue:
8.The Two Towers
9. The Return of the King by J.R.R Tolkien

10. Shadowmarch
11. Shadowplay
by Tad Williams

12. Shadows of Self
13. The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson

14. The Republic of Thieves
15. The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch

16.Angel of Storms
17. Successor's Promise
18. &Voice of the Gods
by Trudi Canavan

19. Toxic
20. Vicious by Sara Shepherd

21. Orphan's Destiny
22. Orphan's Journey
23. Orphan's Alliance
24. Orphan's Triumph by Robert Buettner

25. Dragonfly Falling
26. Blood of the Mantis

27. Salute the Dark by Adrian Tchaikovsky

28. Dragoncharm
29. Dragonstorm by Graham Edwards

30. Empire of Storms
31. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

32. Bane and Shadow
33. Blood and Tempest by Jon Skovron

34. The Tropic of Serpents by Marie Brennan
35. Soldier, Ask Not by Gordon R. Dickson
36. The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan
37. The Prodigal Mage by Karen Miller
38. The Silkworm by Robert Gailbraith
39. One by One by Chris Carter
40. Scent of Magic
41. & Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder
42. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
43. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
44. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
45. The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One by Michael Dante DiMartino

The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien Shadowmarch (Shadowmarch, #1) by Tad Williams Shadowplay (Shadowmarch, #2) by Tad Williams Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5) by Brandon Sanderson The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6) by Brandon Sanderson The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3) by Scott Lynch The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4) by Scott Lynch Angel of Storms (Millennium’s Rule, #2) by Trudi Canavan Successor's Promise (Millennium's Rule, #3) by Trudi Canavan Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3) by Trudi Canavan Toxic (Pretty Little Liars, #15) by Sara Shepard Vicious (Pretty Little Liars, #16) by Sara Shepard Orphan's Destiny (Jason Wander, #2) by Robert Buettner Orphan's Journey (Jason Wander, #3) by Robert Buettner Orphan's Alliance (Jason Wander, #4) by Robert Buettner Orphan's Triumph (Jason Wander, #5) by Robert Buettner Dragonfly Falling (Shadows of the Apt, #2) by Adrian Tchaikovsky Blood of the Mantis (Shadows of the Apt, #3) by Adrian Tchaikovsky Salute the Dark (Shadows of the Apt, #4) by Adrian Tchaikovsky Dragoncharm (The Ultimate Dragon Saga, #1) by Graham Edwards Dragonstorm (The Ultimate Dragon Saga, #2) by Graham Edwards Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas Bane and Shadow (Empire of Storms, #2) by Jon Skovron Blood and Tempest (Empire of Storms, #3) by Jon Skovron The Tropic of Serpents (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #2) by Marie Brennan Soldier, Ask Not (Childe Cycle, #3) by Gordon R. Dickson The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2) by Robert Jordan Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3) by Trudi Canavan The Prodigal Mage (Fisherman's Children, #1) by Karen Miller The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) by Robert Galbraith Scent of Magic (Healer, #2) by Maria V. Snyder One by One (Robert Hunter, #5) by Chris Carter Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1; Study, #4) by Maria V. Snyder Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) by Harper Lee The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) by Jasper Fforde Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman The Legend of Korra Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra Turf Wars #1) by Michael Dante DiMartino

Classics:
46. The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
47. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
48. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
49. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
50. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2; Rincewind #2) by Terry Pratchett The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

message 24: by Kelly (last edited Jul 03, 2019 02:13AM) (new)

Kelly | 54 comments I already deleted a lot of books the past few days but I'd like to join you for this challenge. I still have a few books I added back in 2015 and 2016 so I will try to focus on those. (If I added a first in a series, I will try to finish the series as well).

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Karen ♐ (last edited Dec 29, 2019 04:44PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1778 comments Last year I did pretty well getting 55 off my TBR list from 2013 and 2014. I'm going to continue with those 2 years to try and get the oldest off my list.

2019 Cleaning Out The TBR Closet
January 1 - December 31, 2019
44 Read

1. The Pride of Jared MacKade Nora Roberts - 1/10
2. The Heart of Devin MacKade Nora Roberts - 1/11
3. Under the Mistletoe with Me Kristen Proby - 1/16
4. Down to You Michelle Leighton - 1/19
5. The Mighty Storm Samantha Towle - 1/23
6. At Last Whitney G. - 1/28
7. Carolina Moon Nora Roberts - 1/28
8. Hardwired Meredith Wild - 1/29
9. Dirty Deeds Lorelei James - 1/31
10. The Fall of Shane MacKade Nora Roberts - 2/15
11. It Happened One Autumn Lisa Kleypas - 2/23
12. Best Kept Secrets Sandra Brown - 2/23
13. The Bet Rachel Van Dyken - 3/8
14. Against the Wall Rebecca Zanetti - 3/28
15. Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
16. SEAL of Honor Tonya Burrows - 4/15
17. Mountain Angel Suzie O'Connell - 5/21
18. Far from Perfect Barbara Longley - 6/14
19. The Unwanted Wife Natasha Anders - 6/17
20. Alex Sawyer Bennett - 6/22
21. Beautiful Player Christina Lauren - 7/2
22. Animal Magnetism Jill Shalvis - 7/13
23. Cowboy Heat Sable Hunter - 7/17
24. The Look of Love Bella Andre - 7/23
25. Mischief in Miami Nicole Williams - 7/29
26. Up to Me Michelle Leighton - 8/2
27. Safe Haven Nicholas Sparks - 8/7
28. Exquisite Ella Frank - 8/9
29. Cage Harper Sloan - 8/9
30. Luke Emily March - 8/13
31. Lush Lauren Dane - 8/19
32. One Reckless Summer Toni Blake - 9/4
33. Everything Bared Kristine Cayne - 9/20
34. Wild Heat Bella Andre - 10/5
35. Escorted Claire Kent - 10/7
36. Ice Men of North Dakota Leah Brooke - 10/9
37. Ruthless People J.J. McAvoy - 10/29
38. Spin C.D. Reiss - 11/4
39. Justice Healed Olivia Jaymes - 11/13
40. Either Side of Midnight Tori de Clare - 11/18
41. Christmas Lights Liberty Blake - 11/23
42. Cowboy Crazy Em Petrova - 12/17
43. Deception Mona Ingram - 12/19
44. Dane Liliana Hart - 12/20

2013 - Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by Michelle Leighton The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle Beautiful Player (Beautiful Bastard, #3) by Christina Lauren The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1) by Bella Andre Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks Exquisite (Exquisite, #1) by Ella Frank

2014 - The Pride of Jared MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #2) by Nora Roberts The Heart of Devin MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #3) by Nora Roberts Under the Mistletoe with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1.5) by Kristen Proby At Last (Mid-Life Love, #2) by Whitney G. Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts Hardwired (Hacker, #1) by Meredith Wild Dirty Deeds by Lorelei James The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4) by Nora Roberts It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown The Bet (The Bet, #1) by Rachel Van Dyken Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti Hope Flames (Hope, #1) by Jaci Burton SEAL of Honor (HORNET, #1) by Tonya Burrows Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, #1) by Suzie O'Connell Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1) by Barbara Longley The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1) by Natasha Anders Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis Cowboy Heat (Hell Yeah!, #1) by Sable Hunter Mischief in Miami (Great Exploitations, #1) by Nicole Williams Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) by Michelle Leighton Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan Luke (Callahan Brothers, #1; Brazos Bend, #1) by Emily March Lush (Delicious, #3) by Lauren Dane One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1) by Toni Blake Everything Bared (Six-Alarm Sexy, #2) by Kristine Cayne Wild Heat (Hot Shots Men of Fire, #1) by Bella Andre Escorted (Escorted, #1) by Claire Kent Ice Men of North Dakota (Dakota Heat #5) by Leah Brooke Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1) by J.J. McAvoy Spin (Corruption, #1) by C.D. Reiss Justice Healed (Cowboy Justice Association, #2) by Olivia Jaymes Either Side of Midnight (The Midnight Series) by Tori de Clare Christmas Lights by Liberty Blake Cowboy Crazy (The Dalton Boys, #1) by Em Petrova Deception (International Romance, #1) by Mona Ingram Dane (The MacKenzie Family, #1) by Liliana Hart

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 238 comments Karen ♐ wrote: "Last year I did pretty well getting 55 off my TBR list from 2013 and 2014. I'm going to continue with those 2 years to try and get the oldest off my list.

2019 Cleaning Out The TBR Closet
January ..."

55? Excellent!!

message 27: by Lily (last edited Sep 02, 2019 08:49AM) (new)

Lily (lilygcs) | 33 comments I'm going to read at least 10 books added before 2017, 10 books added in 2017 and then 30 books added in 2018 for a total of 50 books.

50/50 - finished Aug 1st

2009-2016
1- Love's Blood by A.J. Llewellyn - 1/30 - 3.5★
2- My Favorite Husband by A.J. Llewellyn - 3/22 - 3.5★
3- Devil Night by A.J. Llewellyn - 7/29 - 3.5★
4- Freeing Zane by Sloane Kennedy - 5/2 - 4★
5- The Locker Room by Amy Lane - 4/20 - 4★
6- Bulletproof by Mary Calmes - 5/1 - 4.5★
7- Redeeming Rafe by Sloane Kennedy - 4/6 - 4★
8- Saving Ren by Sloane Kennedy - 4/24 - 4★
9- Wide Awake by Kade Boehme - 5/15 - 3.5★
10- A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 by Mary Calmes - 4/23 - 4★

11- Full Circle by Victoria Sue - 2/3 - 4★
12- A Way with Words by Lane Hayes - 8/1 - 3.5★
13- Kiss Your Scars by Avril Ashton - 1/24 - 3.5★
14- The Night Shift by Louisa Keller - 3/2 - 3★
15- The Family Eternal by James Buchanan - 1/23 - 4★
16- Reservations by Kindle Alexander - 5/22 - 4★
17- In the Wreckage by Hailey Turner - 3/2 - 4★
18- The Perils of Intimacy by Rick R. Reed - 1/14 - 3.5★
19- Step by Step by K.C. Wells - 3/19 - 4★
20- Returning Home by Alex Jane - 3/5 - 3.5★

21- Off Leash by Annabeth Albert - 4/18 - 3.5★
22- Deke by Eden Finley - 3/6 - 5★
23- Marshmallow Spiced Omega by Susi Hawke - 7/8 - 3★
24- Mardi Gras with His Omega by Lorelei M. Hart - 5/19 - 3.5★
25- Music of the Soul by Annabella Michaels - 4/8 - 4★
26- Honeymoon for One by Keira Andrews - 4/26 - 4★
27- Omega's Winter Baby by L.C. Davis - 4/26 - 3.5★
28- A Little Luck by Pandora Pine - 2/20 - 3.5★
29- Jude's Lullabye by Lucy Lennox - 4/17 - 3.5★
30- Hiding the Moon by Amy Lane - 2/21 - 4★
31- Taken: A Northman's Saga by Brannan Black - 4/12 - 3★
32- Obvious by R.G. Alexander - 5/6 - 3.5★
33- Spellbound by Pandora Pine - 2/17 - 3.5★
34- Adore by E. Davies - 2/2 - 3.5★
35- Chocolate Spiced Omega by Susi Hawke - 5/1 - 3.5★
36- Protecting the Soul by Annabella Michaels - 4/19 - 4★
37- Private Charter by N.R. Walker - 4/28 - 4.5★
38- Aunt Sookie & Me by Michael Scott Garvin - 3/3 - 3★
39- Escaping Exile by Sara Dobie Bauer - 1/18 - 3★
40- Rebound by Eden Finley - 4/19 - 3.5★
41- Going Overboard by L.A. Witt - 3/3 - 3.5★
42- The Copper Horse: Fear (Zombie Gentlemen) by K.A. Merikan - 2/11 - 3★
43- A Heart of Klondike Gold by E. Davies - 2/2 - 3★
44- Savior by Rhys Ford - 7/3 - 4★
45- Omega Stolen by Susi Hawke - 2/28 - 3★
46- Goal Line by R.J. Scott - 2/17 - 3.5★
47- Heart of a Redneck by Jodi Payne - 4/17 - 3.5★
48- Power Play by Cara Dee - 5/5 - 4★
49- Flirt by Lucy Lennox - 1/31 - 4★
50- Something About Jace by Jocelynn Drake - 4/30 - 4★

message 28: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments I'm going to try again in 2019 and hope I do better!! In 2018 I finished 2 of the books from my list of 9. Almost all of these are series books, so I'm pretty sure each book listed will actually involve several others books.

Cleaning out the TBR Closet 2019

Completed 0/7

Books from 2013
1. The Mists of Avalon
2. Gardens of the Moon
3. Fevre Dream
4. The View from the Cherry Tree
5. The Girl of Fire and Thorns
6. Prince of Thorns
7. The Initiate

The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #1) by Steven Erikson Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin The View from the Cherry Tree by Willo Davis Roberts The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence The Initiate (Time Master, #1) by Louise Cooper

message 30: by Colleen (last edited May 29, 2019 07:21AM) (new)

Colleen  | 217 comments I'm obsessed with my TBR list. I would like to knock the oldest 20 off. I'm going to list them here and add as I go from there to keep me motivated!

1. The Twelve Tribes of Hattie 3/27/19 - read 5 stars
2. The Shadow of the Wind 4/8/19 - read 5 stars
3. Out of My Mind 4/19/19 - read 5 stars
4. Bring Up the Bodies 4/26/19 - read 4 stars
5. Heft 5/25/19 - read 5 stars
6. When You Are Engulfed in Flames 5/9/19 - read 4 stars
7. She Matters: A Life in Friendships
8. Planet of the Apes 5/28/19 - read 4 stars
9. The Demolished Man 5/16/19 - read 2 stars
10. The Far Pavillions
11. The Mirrored World
12. Lark & Termite
13. Watership Down

When read, brings me up to 3/2013.

message 31: by Louise (last edited Jan 19, 2019 10:28PM) (new)

Louise | 2296 comments I started in 2012 and have 2922 on my TBR.
I'm going to aim for 12 to start off with oldest added in 2012 (364) and 3 series started in 2012

✔️1. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 14/1
2. Wideacre by Philippa Gregory
3. Rosie Meadows Regrets by Catherine Alliott
4. With Or Without You by Carole Matthews
5. The Little Lady Agency (The Little Lady Agency, #1) by Hester Browne
6. Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field by Melissa Nathan
7. Così by Louis Nowra
8. The Nanny Diaries (Nanny, #1) by Emma McLaughlin
9. Kiss Chase by Fiona Walker
10. After You'd Gone by Maggie O'Farrell
11. Accidental It Girl by Libby Street
12. Society Girls by Sarah Mason

Series
1. At The Cupcake Cafe
2. Wolves of Mercy Falls
3. Private

message 32: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 22, 2019 10:53AM) (new)

Stephanie | 161 comments I am so excited to read all the books I added when I finished high school in 2012.

7/30

1. Poison Study - 3/25
2. A Countess Below Stairs
3. Firelight - 6/8
4. EveWake
5. Wake - 4/2
6. Knife of Dreams
7. The Gathering Storm
8. Towers of Midnight
9. A Memory of Light
10. Soul Tracker
11. Spring at the Winged Horse: The First Season of Rosie Carr
12. Passion Blue
13. City of Fallen Angels - 2/19
14. City of Lost Souls - 3/6
15. Endure - 3/19
16. The Last Echo - 6/1
17. Dead Silence
18. Possession - 4/25
19. Exodus
20. First King of Shannara
21. The Sword of Shannara
22. The Elfstones of Shannara
23. The Wishsong of Shannara
24. The Scions of Shannara
25. The Druid of Shannara
26. The Elf Queen of Shannara
27. The Talismans of Shannara
28. Ilse Witch
29. Antrax
30.Running with the Demon

I do not know why I could not add the book links for 20-30. They are all written by Terry Brooks.

message 33: by Beth (last edited Nov 07, 2019 06:18AM) (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Making my goal 60 right now and we will see how it goes
Link to spreadsheet
49/60

Books from 2013 2/10
01. Her Last Breath 1/8
02. But I Love Him 1/17

Books from 2014 5/10
01. The Rosie Project 3/11
02. Every Little Piece 4/4
03. P.S. I Still Love You 4/19
04. Twitter Girl 4/20
05. The Girl in 6E 10/25

Books from 2015 8/10
01. Shopaholic & Baby 1/22
02. Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait 1/27
03. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie 2/3
04. Born in Death 2/7
05. Survivor In Death 4/21
06. The Distance Between Us 8/4
07. Did I Mention I Love You? 9/28
08. The Sister Pact 10/19
09. Elizabeth Is Missing 11/5

Books from 2016 8/10
01. Bittersweet 1/12
02. Shooting for the Stars 1/29
03. Always and Forever, Lara Jean 4/27
04. Love Always, Kate 5/26
05. The Devil's Dozen: How Cutting-Edge Forensics Took Down 12 Notorious Serial Killers 6/16
06. Princess Mia 8/30
07. First & Then 9/17
08. The Sociopath Next Door 10/1

Books from 2017 10/10
01. Pucked 1/3
02. Hardcore Twenty-Four 1/15
03. Behind Her Eyes 2/13
04. Try 2/17
05. Hard Hitter 3/14
06. Playing for Keeps 5/22
07. Dear Martin 7/19
08. Chaser 8/6
09. Man Hands 8/11
10. Slap Shot 10/16

Books from 2018 15/??
01. 180 Seconds 1/10
02. Goal 1/2
03. One Wild Finn 3/14
04. Pipe Dreams 3/15
05. Brooklynaire 3/16
06. The Space Between 3/17
07. Necessary Restorations 3/19
08. Restored 3/20
09. The Spire 3/21
10. Overnight Sensation 4/1
11. Show Me, Baby 4/2
12. Violent Ends 4/24
13. Mischief and the Masters 6/1
14. Near and Far 6/9
15. Man Card 9/21

message 34: by LittleRedRidingHood (last edited Sep 10, 2019 12:55AM) (new)

LittleRedRidingHood | 313 comments Let's get cracking! 😎

I had the misfortune to start 2018 with really bad picks so I completely ditched the challenge until the midyear when I finaly picked it back up. Hopefully this year is going to be different. My aim is to clear 30 to 40 books, with primary goal to read all the books from the list I posted in 2017. This year I'm also going to add books on my yearly TBR, since majority of them is from 2016 when I joined GR.

Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019
Completed: 18/94

1. Fatimina dlan : zgodovinski roman o fantu, razpetem med dve veri in dve ljubezni by Ildefonso Falcones
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
☑ 3. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
4. The World According to Garp by John Irving
5. North and South by John Jakes
6. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
☑ 7. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
☑ 8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
9. Room by Emma Donoghue
10. The Shack by William P. Young

Fatimina dlan zgodovinski roman o fantu, razpetem med dve veri in dve ljubezni by Ildefonso Falcones The Book Thief by Markus Zusak East of Eden by John Steinbeck The World According to Garp by John Irving North and South (North and South, #1) by John Jakes The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer Room by Emma Donoghue The Shack by William Paul Young

11. The Dark Side of Love by Rafik Schami
12. I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzal
13. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
14. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
15. On Beauty by Zadie Smith
16. The Ruins by Scott Smith
☑ 17. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
18. 1984 by George Orwell
19. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstein
20. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

The Dark Side of Love by Rafik Schami I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie On Beauty by Zadie Smith The Ruins by Scott B. Smith The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams 1984 by George Orwell The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

21. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
22. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
23. I Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard Matheson
24. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
25. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
26. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
27. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
☑ 28. Kam si odšla by Cecelia Ahern
29. Atonement by Ian McEwan
30. Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernieres

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins I Am Legend by Richard Matheson The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery Kam si odšla by Cecelia Ahern Atonement by Ian McEwan Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernières

31. Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian
32. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
33. White Oleander by Janet Fitch
34. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
35. Mutiny On The Bounty by John Boyne
36. Solaris by Stanislaw Lem

Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy White Oleander by Janet Fitch A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith Mutiny On The Bounty by John Boyne Solaris by Stanisław Lem

Leftovers from 2018
37. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
38. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
39. Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris
40. The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
41. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
42. Pravila treh by Marjolijn Hof
43. Novorojen by Margaret Mazzantini
44. Zdravnik by Noah Gordon
45. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
46. Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom Pravila treh by Marjolijn Hof Novorojen by Margaret Mazzantini Zdravnik by Noah Gordon The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3) by Dan Brown Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

47. House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus
48. Katarina, pav in jezuit by Drago Janičar
49. The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani
50. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (half read)
51. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
52. The Hours by Michael Cunningham
53. Winona's Web: A Novel of Discovery by Priscilla Cogan
☑ 54. Bela Masajka by Corinne Hoffman
55. The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreth
56. Afghanistan, Where God Only Comes To Weep by Siba Shakib

House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III Katarina, pav in jezuit by Drago Jančar The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood The Hours by Michael Cunningham Stara pajkovka by Priscilla Cogan Bela Masajka by Corinne Hofmann The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht Afghanistan, Where God Only Comes To Weep by Siba Shakib

57. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
58. Uroki ljubezni - uroki smrti by Alma M. Karlin
59. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
☑ 60. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie Uroki ljubezni - uroki smrti by Alma M. Karlin Bleak House by Charles Dickens Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Leftovers from 2017
61. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
62. Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
☑ 63. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
64. Io sono Dio by Giorgio Faletti
☑ 65. Čustveni vampirji by Albert J. Bernstein
66. We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
67. Dolina konj by Jean M. Auel (half read)
68. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
☑ 69. History of Beauty by Umberto Eco
70. In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Three Men in a Boat (Three Men, #1) by Jerome K. Jerome The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Io sono Dio by Giorgio Faletti Čustveni vampirji by Albert J. Bernstein We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver Dolina konj (Otroci zemlje, #2) by Jean M. Auel Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon History of Beauty by Umberto Eco In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant

Yearly TBR 2019
☑ 71. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
☑ 72. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
73. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier
74. The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
75. Beneške oči by Alessandro Barbero
76. Moč navade : Zakaj počnemo, kar počnemo, in kako lahko to spremenimo by Charles Duhigg
☑ 77. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
78. Marija Terezija : velika Habsburžanka by Franz Herre
☑ 79. Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
☑ 80. Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
81. The Unseen World by Liz Moore
82. Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton
83. The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
84. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
85. Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime by Val McDermid

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier The Silmarillion (Middle-Earth Universe) by J.R.R. Tolkien Beneške oči by Alessandro Barbero Moč navade Zakaj počnemo, kar počnemo, in kako lahko to spremenimo by Charles Duhigg Elon Musk Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance Marija Terezija velika Habsburžanka by Franz Herre Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley Lab Girl by Hope Jahren The Unseen World by Liz Moore Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey Forensics What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA and More Tell Us About Crime by Val McDermid

Leftovers from Yearly TBR 2018
☑ 86. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
☑ 87. Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jody Taylor
☑ 88. Under the Dome by Stephen King
89. Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
90. Kraljevske norčije: Zgodovina škandalov na evropskih dvorih by Karl Shaw
91. Kronika ptiča navijalca by Haruki Murakami
92. Skrivna zgodovina by Donna Tartt
93. You by Caroline Kepnes
94. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1) by Jodi Taylor Under the Dome by Stephen King Guns, Germs, and Steel The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond Kraljevske norčije Zgodovina škandalov na evropskih dvorih by Karl Shaw Kronika ptiča navijalca by Haruki Murakami Skrivna zgodovina by Donna Tartt You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

message 35: by 〰️Beth〰️ (last edited Oct 03, 2019 06:06PM) (new)

message 36: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I think either of those options Beth! You could also pick books that are from a series you haven’t finished, or the books that are easiest for you to get your hands on?

message 37: by Teri (last edited Dec 15, 2019 05:19AM) (new)

Teri | 673 comments Cleaning out my TBR 2019 using books found at my library or books I already own!
January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019

75/83

Series Starters : 16/20
Virals (2012) ***COMPLETED*** 1/5/19
The Poet (2013)COMPLETED 4/29/19***
Bared to You (2013)***COMPLETED 6/20/19***
One Wrong Move (2013)***COMPLETED*** 1/20/19
1Q84 (2013)
Beautiful Creatures (2013)***COMPLETED 9/27/19***
High Risk (2013)***COMPLETED 8/26/19***
The Darkest Night (2013)***COMPLETED*** 2/25/19
Cinder (2014)***COMPLETED 9/20/19***
Forgotten Sins (2014)***COMPLETED*** 2/9/19
Thieftaker (2014)***COMPLETED*** 2/18/19
Dirty Magic (2014) ***COMPLETED*** 1/13/19
The Final Empire (2014)
Goddess With a Blade (2014)***COMPLETED 8/22/19***
The Thousand Names (2015)
The Way of Shadows (2016)
Falling Kingdoms (2017) ***COMPLETED** 1/6/19
A Man Called Ove(2017)***COMPLETED 10/20/19***
The Crown Tower (2018)
Written in Red (2018)***COMPLETED***12/13/19
The Hobbit or There and Back Again(2018) ***COMPLETED 10/30/19***

Authors I know and Love: 15/15
The Probable Future (2012)COMPLETED 7/29/19***
Thrown by a Curve (2013)***COMPLETED*** 1/27/19
Men of the Otherworld (2013)***COMPLETED 6/30/19***
Trace of Fever (2013) ***COMPLETED*** 2/13/19
Fantasy Lover (2013)***COMPLETED 4/5/19***
Every Move He Makes(2013)***COMPLETED 7/12/19***
Full Throttle(2014)***COMPLETED 9/21/19***
The Secret Place (2014)***COMPLETED 7/3/19***
Wild Man Creek (2014) ***COMPLETED*** 1/23/19
Base Instincts (2016)***COMPLETED 8/2/19***
Red Seas Under Red Skies (2017)COMPLETED 12/2/19***
Iron Kissed (2018)***COMPLETED*** 3/18/19
Destined for an Early Grave (2018)***COMPLETED***4/22/19
The Child Thief (2018)***COMPLETED 5/22/19***
Rookie Move (2018) ***COMPLETED** 1/191/19

New To Me Authors : 11/12
A Vintage Affair (2012)***COMPLETED*** 6/19/19
She Left Me the Gun: My Mother's Life Before Me ***COMPLETED*** 1/26/19***
(2013)
The Sea of Tranquility(2013)
Tall, Tatted and Tempting (2013)***COMPLETED 10/5/19***
Something About You (2013)***COMPLETED*** 5/30/19
Reunion at Red Paint Bay (2013) ***COMPLETED*** 2/3/19
Under the Skin (2013)***COMPLETED***3/4/19
Hot Zone (2013) ***COMPLETED***1/22/19
Knight Awakened (2014)***COMPLETED*** 3/6/19
Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI(2018)***COMPLETED 7/9/19***
A Study in Scarlet Women **COMPLETED** 1/1/19
Gardens of the Moon(2018)***COMPLETED***11/27/19

Books I own: 33/35
Stolen Chances (2013)***COMPLETED 9/21/19***
Fractured Souls (2013)***COMPLETED*** 2/24/19
Cloak and Dagger (2013)***COMPLETED 7/2/19***
The Vampire King (2013)***COMPLETED 8/11/19***
The Rebuilding Year (2013) **COMPLETED** 1/3/19
The Promise (2013)***COMPLETED*** 6/24/19
Bite Me (2013)COMPLETED 3/30/19***
Hell for Leather (2014-I got about 1/3 the way thru last time)
St. Nacho's (2013) ***COMPLETED 4/13/19 ***
Family Man (2013)COMPLETED 8/31/19***
If I Ever (2014)***COMPLETED***2/20/19
Seducing the Bridesmaid (2014)
***COMPLETED 5/4/19***
Loving Luki Vásquez (2014)***COMPLETED 4/24/19
Fight (2014)***COMPLETED*** 3/2/19
Hunter of Demons (2014)***COMPLETED 6/26/19***
Nor Iron Bars a Cage (2014) ***COMPLETED** 1/11/19
Tequila Mockingbird (2014) **COMPLETED** 1/5/19
The Morning Star (2014) ***COMPLETED*** 11/5/19
A Kind of Truth(2015)***COMPLETED*** 11/17/19
Fall and Rising (2015)***COMPLETED*** 12/1/19
The Cinderella Murder (2016)***COMPLETED 8/6/19***
Broken (2016)***COMPLETED 7/13/19***
The Grim Company
Raising Hell (2016)***COMPLETED 10-1-19***
Wolves of Black Pine (2016)***COMPLETED*** 2/24/19
Old Loyalty, New Love (2016)***COMPLETED 7/4/19***
Death and Destruction (2016)***COMPLETED 7/20/19***
Tempting Fate (2017)***COMPLETED***5/26/19
Pleasure Unbound (2017)***COMPLETED***5/28/19
Risky Behavior (2017)***COMPLETED*** 6/10/19
Complicated (2017)***COMPLICATED*** 11/10/19
In Other Words...Murder (2017)***COMPLETED 3/26/19***
Hanging The Stars (2018)
Barely Breathing (2018)***COMPLETED*** 3/2/19
The Necromancer's Reckoning (2018)***COMPLETED 11/12/19***
Sacrificed: Heart Beyond the Spires (2018)***COMPLETED 11/3/19***

Books deleted from TBR:
Vampire Academy
Unbeloved
The Devil's Metal
Fatal Strike (after reading the other one of this series that was on my TBR, I had to just delete this from my list, I was not feeling it)

Books I DNF
Breathe
Finding It (2013)
Killing Time
White Hot Kiss

Cold Days removed because it is 14th in a series! I am moving it tot he never-ending series challenge instead.

message 38: by Abby (last edited Dec 19, 2018 01:32PM) (new)

Abby | 30 comments I wanna do this! My spot

message 39: by Abby (last edited Feb 08, 2019 09:06PM) (new)

Abby | 30 comments Oldest 5 books from each year:
2014:
Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence 2-9 Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, #1) by Margaret Weis A Morbid Taste for Bones (Chronicles of Brother Cadfael #1) by Ellis Peters In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1) by Sarah Zettel (i only have 4 from this year)
2015:
The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers Dragon's Child (King Arthur, #1) by M.K. Hume An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir Ticker by Lisa Mantchev

2016:
Blaze of Glory (The Laws of Magic, #1) by Michael Pryor Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1) by Nenia Campbell Retribution Falls (Tales of the Ketty Jay, #1) by Chris Wooding Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova The Nethergrim (The Nethergrim, #1) by Matthew Jobin

2017:
The Assassin Game by Kirsty McKay 1-26 Forbidden (Wild Sky, #1) by Tanna Marie Angers Introductions (The Ghost Bird, #1) by C.L. Stone Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
2018:
Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #1) by Martina Boone Walk of the Spirits (Walk, #1) by Richie Tankersley Cusick The Artisans (The Artisans, #1) by Julie Reece Gap Year in Ghost Town by Michael Pryor Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 40: by Sophie, The other one (last edited Oct 29, 2019 07:22AM) (new)

Sophie (drsophie) | 3380 comments Mod
I joined in a few years ago and it's time for another assault on mount TBR.

Similar to a lot of you, I've now cleared everything up until a mass update of everything I wanted to read in 2014. Most of the 400 books there were added in the space of 2 days.

Aim is therefore to read the 2 from 2013, an Agatha Christie every other month and a Nora Roberts every 3rd month. The other 12 can be a free pick from tbr.

1. Desperate Remedies 3* read 1/1/19
2. A Trail of Fire - not available on kindle but republished plus extras as Seven Stones to Stand or Fall 4*
3. The King's Justice 14/1 4*
4. The Time of My Life 4*
5. Three Act Tragedy 3*
6. Endings and Beginnings 3*
7. The Winter Crown 3*
8. The Thirst 4*
9. Persuader 4*
10. Station Eleven 4*
11. The Hound of Death 3*
12. Where Rainbows End 3*
13. Oryx and Crake 3*
14. The Man in the Brown Suit 3*
15. The Cuckoo's Calling 4*
16. Black Notice 3*
17. Born in Death 4*
18. Melting Stones 3*
19. X 4*
20. The Secret Barrister: Stories of the Law and How It's Broken 4*
21. Irish Rose 3*
22. Medicus 3*
23. The Last Precinct 3*
24. Blow Fly 3*
25. The Book of Kells 2*
26. Relic 3*
27. Endless Night 3*
28. Love Like Blood 4*
29. The River God's Vengeance 4*
30. On A Night Like This 3*
31. The Perfect Ingredient 3*
32. Y is for Yesterday 3*
33. The Spring of the Ram 3*
34. Northern Lights 3*
35. Gardens of the Moon 4*
36. The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn
Hardcastle
4*
37. Dance Upon the Air 4*
38. Les Misérables 4*
39. Trace 2*
40. Untamed 3*
41. Magic Rises 4*
42. Imager 4*
43. Blood for Blood 3*
44. Still Life with Murder 3*
45. A Murder Is Announced 3*
46. Under the Greenwood Tree 3*
47. The Princess and the Pirates 3*
48. Dead Pretty 3*

message 41: by Megan (last edited Jan 21, 2019 02:27PM) (new)

Megan Guffey | 7 comments Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019

I currently have 1300+ on my tbr list, so we'll chip slowly away at this. I'm going to start by picking 3 books from each year, starting in 2012:

Added in 2012:
Stay Close
Forget You
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Added in 2013:
The Husband's Secret
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
Shiver

Added in 2014:
The Sea of Tranquility finished 1/2/2019
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
The Kite Runner

Added in 2015:
Unwind
Ready Player One
All the Light We Cannot See

Added in 2016:
The Nightingale finished 1/21/19
We Are the Ants
Dark Matter

Added in 2017:
Caraval
Before We Were Yours
Ensnared (Re-read books 1 and 2 first!)

Added in 2018:
The Alice Network
Deadline
A Game of Thrones

message 42: by pml (last edited Dec 03, 2019 05:28PM) (new)

pml | 285 comments Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019
-in hope of paring down the shelves-

Predating GR membership:
Around the World in Eighty Days Jules Verne 4/13
The Aeneid Virgil
Peter Pan
Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

Added in 2011:
Auntie Mame: An Irreverent Escapade Patrick Dennis

Added in 2012:
Ragnarok: The End of the Gods A.S. Byatt 3/17
The New Sappho on Old Age: Textual and Philosophical Issues Ellen Greene 6/13
City of Bones Martha Wells
Ragnarök The End of the Gods by A.S. Byatt The New Sappho on Old Age Textual and Philosophical Issues by Ellen Greene

Added in 2013:
Anne Carson at the 92nd Street Y Poetry Center (audiobook)
Miles in Love Lois McMaster Bujold 5/30 -Marvelous. A Civil Campaign was hilarious.
The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club Dorothy L. Sayers 5/18
Strong Poison 5/20
The Five Red Herrings
Have His Carcase
Murder Must Advertise
The Nine Tailors
Gaudy Night
Busman's Honeymoon
In the Teeth of the Evidence
Miles in Love (Vorkosigan Omnibus, #6) by Lois McMaster Bujold The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (Lord Peter Wimsey #5) by Dorothy L. Sayers Strong Poison (Lord Peter Wimsey, #6) by Dorothy L. Sayers

Added in 2015:
Gunpowder Alchemy Jeannie Lin 6/6
Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles, #1) by Jeannie Lin

Added in 2016:
Miles, Mutants and Microbes Lois McMaster Bujold 11/18 - definitely worth waiting for. I'm now reading through all of Bujold's Sharing Knife series as well. And then the Penric novellas!
Miles, Mutants and Microbes (The Vorkosigan Saga) by Lois McMaster Bujold

message 43: by The other Sandy (last edited Dec 30, 2019 08:45PM) (new)

The other Sandy | 146 comments Hi! Super new here (I joined the group about 3 minutes ago), but my TBR list needs help, so this looked like a great challenge for me. I'm going to try to read at least 3 books from every year on my TBR shelf.

Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019: (47/40)

????
1. You and Harujion by Keiko Kinoshita

1. Mouse Guard: Fall 1152 by David Petersen
2. Mouse Guard: Winter 1152 by David Petersen
3. The Death You Deserve by David Bowker

1. The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

1. The Art of The Avengers by Jason Surrell
2. The Poison Belt by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

1. Failure is Not an Option by Gene Kranz

1. The Panic Virus by Seth Mnookin
2. Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town by Jon Krakauer
3. Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville
4. The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells
5. Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer
6. The Slave by Kate Aaron
7. Beneath the Surface by John Hargrove with Howard Chua-Eoan
8. Three Cups of Deceit by Jon Krakauer
9. Stormhaven by Jordan L. Hawk
10. Courtroom 302 by Steve Bogira

1. The Persistence of Memory by Jordan Castillo Price
2. Mummy Dearest by Josh Lanyon
3. Heat Trap by J.L. Merrow
4. Feminist Fight Club by Jessica Bennett
5. Inside the CIA by Ronald Kessler
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
7. Skinflick by Joseph Hansen
8. Gravedigger by Joseph Hansen
9. Whose Body? by Dorothy L. Sayers
10. Death in the Great Smoky Mountains by Michael Bradley
11. Nightwork by Joseph Hansen

1. Charmed and Dangerous (anthology)
2. Hue, Tint and Shade by Jordan Castillo Price
3. The Great Halifax Explosion by John U. Bacon
4. Dead Man Running by James Patterson and Christopher Farnsworth
5. The Angry Chef’s Guide to Spotting Bullsh*t in the World of Food by Anthony Warner
6. The Fire Line by Fernanda Santos
7. The Daily Show: An Oral History by Chris Smith
8. Slade House by David Mitchell
9. His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

1. Agent Bayne by Jordan Castillo Price -- shelved: 18 JAN 18 / read: 2 MAR 19
2. Lock In by John Scalzi -- shelved: 4 JAN 18 / read: 8 MAR 19
3. X-23 Vol. 1: The Killing Dream -- shelved: 10 JAN 18 / read: 15 MAR 19
4. Bringing Columbia Home by Leinbach & Ward -- shelved: 23 JAN 18 / read: 25 MAR 19
5. Don't Let Go by Harper Fox -- shelved: 27 MAY 18 / read: 13 JUL 19
6. The Hell You Say by Josh Lanyon -- shelved: 2 JUL 18 / read: 13 AUG 19
7. Death of a Pirate King by Josh Lanyon -- shelved: 2 JUL 18 / read: 8 SEP 19
8. The Dark Tide by Josh Lanyon -- shelved: 2 JUL 18 / read: 30 SEP 19
9. So This is Christmas by Josh Lanyon -- shelved: 2 JUL 18 / read: 24 DEC 19

★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★

???? = Books I've owned for more than a year (let's be real--I've probably owned them for longer than I've been on Goodreads) but never shelved for whatever reason.

message 44: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Cleaning Out the TBR Closet 2019
Completed:

message 45: by Victoria (last edited Dec 30, 2019 08:48AM) (new)

Victoria | 1132 comments Cleaning Out the TBR Closet: 2019

Read: 18/30

2018 Leftovers:
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker 5 stars
2. The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie 4 stars
3. Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott
4. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin 4 stars
5. Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer 4 stars
6. First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde, 4 stars
7. The Wrath of the Great Guilds by Jack Campbell
8. Crash & Burn by Abigail Roux 2.5 stars
9. The Borgia Betrayal by Sara Poole
10. Inner Harbor by Nora Roberts
11. Golden Fool by Robin Hobb
12. The Eight by Katherine Neville 4 stars
13. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer - removing till my copy is out of storage
14. The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling removing till my copy is out of storage

Borrowed Books
15. Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear 1 star
16. The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier 4 stars
17. The Guilty One by Lisa Ballantyne
18. Love for Lydia by H.E. Bates
19. The Quiet American by Graham Greene removing from TBR
20. Executioner: Pierrepoint. Albert Pierrepoint by Albert Pierrepoint

Own to Read
21. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 3ish stars
22. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 3 stars
23. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
24. The Humans by Matt Haig 5 stars
25. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie 4 stars
26. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
27. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
28. The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett - DNF
29. The Silk Roads: A New History of the World by Peter Frankopan 5 stars
30. This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor by Adam Kay

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty The Silk Roads A New History of the World by Peter Frankopan Dracula by Bram Stoker And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie The Humans by Matt Haig The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1) by Jeffrey Archer Sweet Little Lies by Caz Frear The Eight (The Eight #1) by Katherine Neville First Among Sequels (Thursday Next, #5) by Jasper Fforde Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9) by Abigail Roux The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie

message 46: by Marcella (new)

Marcella (fairydragonstar) | 177 comments I am new this year but with over 8000 books on my nook I really need to get some off there....my reading goal last year was 100 books and I almost made that...so this year’s totally reading goal will be 150 with 75 being Old books on my nook and at least caught up on 7 series

message 47: by Sous le ciel (last edited Nov 09, 2019 09:05AM) (new)

Sous le ciel (sousleciel) | 2 comments Hi! I just joined the group a couple of minutes ago and after some exploring, this is the challenge that speaks the most to me. Here are some of my TBR closet veterans:

1. Dune by Frank Herbert *Completed on January 11th
2. New Moon by Ian McDonald *DNF
3. Visions by Lisa McMann *Completed on January 17th
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald *Completed on November 3rd
5. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
6. Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney *Completed on June 3rd
7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Hyperion by Dan Simmons
9. Everlost by Neal Shusterman *Completed on May 31st
10. After the End by Amy Plum
11. The Dead Zone by Stephen King
12. Misery by Stephen King
13. The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
14. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao *Completed on January 15th
15. Red Rising by Pierce Brown *Completed on May 17th

I'm trying out this challenge for the first time so I'm going with a small list. If I manage to cross off more than 10 titles, I'll be very happy with myself. Good luck to every other participants! I'll try to read half of the books in my native language (French) and the other half in English.

message 48: by Sophie, The other one (new)

Sophie (drsophie) | 3380 comments Mod
Welcome Shaylormoon!

There's loads of fun things going on, enjoy searching through it all. My favourites are the team challenges when they come round.

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 238 comments Hi, Shaylormoon! Welcome to the fun!

message 50: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Welcome to the challenge everyone and merry Christmas!

I’ll link your posts to the top soon 😉

I was thinking about having a google sheet with all of us on there and our goals so we can watch everyone’s progress and hopefully encourage ourselves to read those books. Thoughts?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22