This topic is about Saint's Blood
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Saint's Blood [Jan 28, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angela | 3580 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 28th January.

Shae | 372 comments In :-)

Laura Tenfingers | 1114 comments Maybe?? I don't like quitting so I'll try!!

Shae | 372 comments @Laura Tenfingers - 😂😂

Anni | 5020 comments Yes! Please do Laura!

Andrew | 653 comments Totes in, y'all!

Laura Tenfingers | 1114 comments I just got the book from the library so I might have to start early... I like our reading schedules though so maybe I'll risk it and hope I can renew my loan... 😀

Andrew | 653 comments I think I'm going to start reading it this weekend. I've got the compulsive urge to make progress in a series already started rather than start a new one. Sorry for being a cheater again! As per the usual, I will come back here and read everyone's comments and chime in during the actual buddy read time.

Hailee | 2606 comments I've been tempted to start early as well but I want the buddy read points for the team, which I can't get if I start more than a week early so I've been resisting. Hope you enjoy it!!

Brian | 1135 comments Trying to finish book 2 in time for this.

Andrew | 653 comments I'm half way through, and you guys it's really good! De Castell recaptured the magic from Book 1.

message 13: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Brian wrote: "Trying to finish book 2 in time for this."

Me too 😅

Hailee | 2606 comments I just bought the paperback along with a paperback of book 4 so I'm all set to continue on with this series.

Hailee | 2606 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Brian wrote: "Trying to finish book 2 in time for this."

Me too 😅"

Haha I forgot you hadn't finished yet. How much have you got left to go?

Brian | 1135 comments I’m about 30% in on kindle.

message 17: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Hailee wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Brian wrote: "Trying to finish book 2 in time for this."

Me too 😅"

Haha I forgot you hadn't finished yet. How much have you got left to go?"

God knows why, but my copy is splitted into two books and I only read the first one, so I asume, around 50%?

message 18: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments @Andrew - Oh yay, pleased to hear this one has gotten off to a good start! Looking forward to getting into it :-)

Hailee | 2606 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Hailee wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Brian wrote: "Trying to finish book 2 in time for this."

Me too 😅"

Haha I forgot you hadn't finished yet. How much have you got left to go?"

God knows why, but my..."

It does seem a bit over the top to have split it up. I hope you enjoy the last half of the book, I really enjoyed it.

message 20: by Andrew (last edited Jan 24, 2019 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrew | 653 comments I finished up last night, and LOVED it. 5* read for me (for reference, I rated Book 1 as 4* and Book 2 as a rounded-up 3*). None of my thoughts below are truly spoilers since they're really just my impression of the book as a whole, but I've marked them as spoilers in case you don't want to read until after you're done, too.

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Hailee (last edited Jan 25, 2019 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hailee | 2606 comments I think I'll start this tonight or tomorrow. I want to start a new book but can't start anything else otherwise it'll mess up my buddy read schedule for February

Brian | 1135 comments Yep i hear ya. I just downloaded it to My Kindle from Library. Anxious to get started!!

Narilka | 3036 comments Hailee wrote: "I think I'll start this tonight or tomorrow. I want to start a new book but can't start anything else otherwise it'll mess up my buddy read schedule for February"

Me too :) Recharging my Kindle now so most likely starting tonight.

message 24: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Awesome - just got this on my Kindle, let's do this :-)

message 25: by Hailee (last edited Jan 26, 2019 01:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hailee | 2606 comments Yay I'm glad other people are ready to start as well. I didn't get to start it last night as I ended up falling asleep but I'm looking forward to reading it after work today

Narilka | 3036 comments Through Ch 11 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Up to chapter 8. Ah Brasti, Kest and Falcio, how I have missed your dry wit and wry banter :-)

A fun quote: (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3036 comments Through Ch 24 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Shae (last edited Feb 03, 2019 02:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Up to chapter 45.

Thoughts so far: (view spoiler)

Andrew | 653 comments @Shae & Narilka:

So glad you're both enjoying it! It really is quite a fun read, despite the often brutal subject matter.

Hailee | 2606 comments I've read the first 5 chapters and I agree that the banter between everyone is awesome. Definitely my favourite part of the series.

(view spoiler)

Narilka | 3036 comments Through Ch 35 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 3036 comments Through Ch 43 (view spoiler)

message 34: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Just finished!

Final thoughts: (view spoiler)

I gave this one 4 stars. Looking forward to seeing how it all ends up in Tyrant's Throne :-)

Narilka | 3036 comments I finished! That was a lot more enjoyable than the first two. I'm looking forward to the final book.

Shae, your thoughts mirror mine almost exactly. (view spoiler)

4 stars. I'll write up a full review in a few days.

Narilka | 3036 comments Andrew wrote: "I finished up last night, and LOVED it. 5* read for me (for reference, I rated Book 1 as 4* and Book 2 as a rounded-up 3*). None of my thoughts below are truly spoilers since they're really just my..."

Agree with your spoilers!

Andrew | 653 comments Narilka wrote: "Agree with your spoilers! "

:-)

message 38: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments @Narilka - so glad you enjoyed this one too :-)

message 39: by Hailee (last edited Feb 03, 2019 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hailee | 2606 comments I've just finished chapter 22

(view spoiler)

It look me a bit longer to get into this book then it took for the first two but I feel like I am in the swing of things now so hopefully I'll read faster now.

Brian | 1135 comments Finished !! Think this my favorite of the first three books. Going to be hard to wait til end of the month to start book 4.

message 41: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Ah, it's interesting that those of us who have finished so far all feel that this book is the best of the first three - I read a note in the back of Saint's Blood (titled 'The Author's Lament') where de Castell says something like, "Making this, my favourite book of the series, was hard going." Well, I guess that his hard work paid off :-)

Narilka | 3036 comments Review posted

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And yeah, it is interesting this one is all our favorites so far.

Hailee | 2606 comments Just finished up to chapter 49.

I've actually found this the most difficult one to get into but I think that is more to do with me being in a bit of a slump at the moment rather than the book itself.

(view spoiler)

Hailee | 2606 comments Just finished chapter 62

(view spoiler)

Hailee | 2606 comments I love Brasti's alternate plan at the beginning of chapter 66:

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Shae (last edited Feb 10, 2019 09:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Hailee wrote: "I love Brasti's alternate plan at the beginning of chapter 66"

Haha yes, Brasti certainly has his moments :-)

And yes, (view spoiler)

message 47: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I'm so very sorry I'm late... I was a "little" overbooked and only finished book 2 last week and immediately started this one. Of course everyone is done by now, but I'm looking forward to open your spoilers :)

It somehow took me a little to get into the story this time, but as you all said, the banter between the three is just awesome! I now finished chapter 15 and looking forward to learn more about (view spoiler)

It's getting more interesting and I will try to finish this one quick to join you for book 4, in time this time 😅

message 48: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae | 372 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I'm so very sorry I'm late... I was a "little" overbooked and only finished book 2 last week and immediately started this one. Of course everyone is done by now, but I'm looking forward to open you..."

Yay, you're here - have fun opening all the spoilers as you go, they're like little presents aren't they :-)

Narilka | 3036 comments Better late than never! Speaking of, I'll probably be late to book 4. I signed up for too many BRs this month :)

Yeah I'd say this book is well titled. Can't wait to hear your thoughts Anni and see if you agree with the rest of us.

message 50: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments As you all really liked it, I hope I'll agree 😬

« previous 1