Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
This topic is about Archenemies
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Archenemies [Feb 15, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3523 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 15th February.

message 2: by Anni (last edited Jan 08, 2019 05:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Is anyone planning to read Renegades beforehand? Or am I the only one who haven't read it yet 😅

Katie K | 1974 comments A few of us had read it earlier last year Anni :)

Anni | 5020 comments I know, but sadly I was too overbooked to join 😅

Katie K | 1974 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I know, but sadly I was too overbooked to join 😅"

gottcha gottcha Sir Anni, I hope you can find some people for the BR ^^ Otherwise here was the link to last years if you wanted to take a peek at the comments :)

Renegades 2018

Anni | 5020 comments Thanks, I sure will! :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I'm not sure if I will be able to join this one. According to Waterstones (UK equivalent of Barnes & Noble) and Amazon, this won't be available in the UK until April 18. It's weird as it will let me buy the kindle version now but the book format isn't available yet.

As I already own book 1 in book format I don't want to have to buy the kindle version and the book version later so I might need to sit this one out :(.

message 8: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 5285 comments I will be reading Renegades first too😊

message 9: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 679 comments Anyone else planning on starting this one soon? The library just alerted me that a copy was available so I'm probably going to try starting it in the next couple of days.

Katie K | 1974 comments Jessica wrote: "Anyone else planning on starting this one soon? The library just alerted me that a copy was available so I'm probably going to try starting it in the next couple of days."

I just started this one last night. It's great to be back in the world of superheros and villains ^^

message 11: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I started this morning, but only read the first 3 chapters... 😅

Katie K | 1974 comments I'm loving this book even more than the first one ^^ Right away it starts with that intense chase scene, grabbing you back into that world. I think it definitely helps that no intros are needed, you can just dive in and see how Nova is doing with her mission.

I'm trying to speed read this book because of my crazy BR schedule, so I'm at Chapter 21 right now. Here are some spoilers: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 679 comments Ooh I haven't started it yet but I did grab it from the library. I keep kind of hoping that I'll get snowed in so that I can play catch up on my buddy reads... Planning on starting this one tonight though, super stoked that it's already better than the first one @Katie!

Katie K | 1974 comments Jessica wrote: "Ooh I haven't started it yet but I did grab it from the library. I keep kind of hoping that I'll get snowed in so that I can play catch up on my buddy reads... Planning on starting this one tonight..."

hehe, being snowed in is the best time to read :) Hope you can start soon ^^

message 15: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 679 comments Katie wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Ooh I haven't started it yet but I did grab it from the library. I keep kind of hoping that I'll get snowed in so that I can play catch up on my buddy reads... Planning on starting ..."

Didn't get snowed in but I did start reading it last night. Loving the instant action! Very fun to be back

Katie K | 1974 comments Jessica wrote: "Katie wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Ooh I haven't started it yet but I did grab it from the library. I keep kind of hoping that I'll get snowed in so that I can play catch up on my buddy reads... Plannin..."

That's a shame, but at least you got some chapters in ^^ I'm tearing through this one. Hope to finish it sometime today :)

message 17: by Katie (last edited Mar 01, 2019 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie K | 1974 comments So, I couldn't help myself, I just had to finish the book this morning. What a rush that ending was! Wow! It just left me wanting more!

~Ending Spoils~
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica (raivynwolf) | 679 comments Well, I think I'm going to have to put this one on hold for a bit until I get paid. Left my copy from the library on the bus and it doesn't seem like anyone is going to turn it in. Going to buy the library a new copy and then hopefully get myself one too (cause I was having a lot of fun with it). Should start up again on Wednesday and then I'll look back through the comments. Glad you enjoyed it Katie!

Katie K | 1974 comments Oh no! That’s rotten luck Jessica >_< I hope you’ll be able to continue again soon with the series <3

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I'm a bit late to the party but I got a hold of this yesterday and I read 99 pages in one go on the train yesterday, I'm loving it! (view spoiler)

message 21: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Yay, I'm not alone late. I'm around page chapter 17 (page 172)

@Charlie (view spoiler)

Till the end of Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

message 22: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15507 comments I didn't realize anyone really continued with this...

message 23: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments You still could join Charlie and me :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Yay, I'm not alone late. I'm around page chapter 17 (page 172)

@Charlie RIGHT."

All excellent points Anni! (view spoiler)

message 25: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 5285 comments I didn't either, and I was waiting for the BR to continue the series...

message 26: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15507 comments Choko wrote: "I didn't either, and I was waiting for the BR to continue the series..."

it was a quick BR... only 2 weeks between books... but most people weren't very amazed by the first one and decided to wait, I think...

message 27: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15507 comments Sir Anni wrote: "You still could join Charlie and me :)"

Last year I would have, for BR points... this year I listen to my instincts for what I'm in the mood for, more...

message 28: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 5285 comments I still want to read this though... Are you guys doing it now?

message 29: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15507 comments Choko wrote: "I still want to read this though... Are you guys doing it now?"

Yea, they are... just not me... don't let my apathy deter you... I read ALOT of Fantasy last year, and have been much choosier this year... just finished The Spirit Rebellion started Jhereg, and am on the cusp of trying Foundryside

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Yup, reading now, feel free to join in :)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I'm up to chapter 21 now!
(view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments I'm glad you guys are enjoying this one ^^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments It's such a fun read. I'm almost scared to finish it, I don't want to see everything fall apart.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 65% through (view spoiler)

message 35: by Anni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Charlie wrote: "65% through [spoilers removed]"

Ah I'm sorry for my snail-pace... I was crazy busy those last days, I'm around Chapter 25 and hope to make more progress this weekend.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments No problem Anni!

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "65% through [spoilers removed]"

Re: (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Katie wrote: "Charlie wrote: "65% through [spoilers removed]"

Re: [spoilers removed]"

I definitely get that, and I agree with her. I just don't think that with Ace in charge, any of that will happen. It seems like during the age of anarchy, society stopped and was not remotely functional. It's going to be a mess if Ace regains power and I think Nova is wilfully ignoring that. I just want them all to get along and be happy!

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "I definitely get that, and I agree with her. I just don't think that with Ace in charge, any of that will happen. It seems like during the age of anarchy, society stopped and was not remotely functional. It's going to be a mess if Ace regains power and I think Nova is wilfully ignoring that. I just want them all to get along and be happy!"

Yeah, Ace has definitely changed after the events of his downfall. He was an extremist to begin with...but now? hmmm...

Right? I always want the characters to have their happy little ending ^~^ You'll just have to continue reading to see if they get it, lol

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments Haha I know there's a third book so I'm not convinced I'm going to be satisfied!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments 74% in Nova has (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I'm finished! (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1974 comments I'm glad you liked it Charlie ^~^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I really did, it was such a fun easy read, just what I needed to help me get out of my reading slump.

message 45: by Anni (last edited May 01, 2019 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Oh that's great, happy you liked it as well :)

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "I really did, it was such a fun easy read, just what I needed to help me get out of my reading slump."

Right? Those books help so much <3 For me it's Throne of Glass ^^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments I have TOG in my bag with my today, I totally agree it's great for being in a slump. That being said, Empire of Storms put my in a massive book slump when I read it. It was so good, nothing could compare!

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "I have TOG in my bag with my today, I totally agree it's great for being in a slump. That being said, Empire of Storms put my in a massive book slump when I read it. It was so good, nothing could c..."

Oh yeah? That's the worst! Finding a book worthy after reading one you admired and adored so much ^^

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4463 comments It took months and months to get over it, I'm scared to re-read it this time around!

Katie K | 1974 comments Charlie wrote: "It took months and months to get over it, I'm scared to re-read it this time around!"

I can't wait to get to that point! So far the first novel is kind of so so for me, but I've heard great things about the series. And I love ACOTAR <3

« previous 1