Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Black Dagger Brotherhood - Schedule

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Dec 07, 2018 06:42PM) (new)

Angela | 3540 comments Mod
Dark Lover 5th Dec
Lover Eternal 20th Dec

Laura, you can add your schedule in the next post :-).

Edited to put schedule here.

Dark Lover - 5th December 2018
Lover Eternal - 20th December 2018
Lover Awakened - 5th January 2019
Lover Revealed - 20th January 2019
Lover Unbound - 5th February 2019
Lover Enshrined - 20th February 2019
Lover Avenged - 5th March 2019
Lover Mine - 20th March 2019
Lover Unleashed - 5th April 2019
Lover Reborn - 20th April 2019
Lover at Last - 5th May 2019
The King - 20th May 2019
The Shadows - 5th June 2019
The Beast - 20th June 2019
The Chosen - 5th July 2019
The Thief - 20th July 2019
The Savior - 5th August 2019

message 2: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5364 comments I am in.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I'll join when you get to where I left off. I think book 7 or 8

message 4: by Soo (new)

Soo (silverlyn) | 4625 comments I may join where I left off too. =)

message 5: by Laura (last edited Dec 02, 2018 04:35AM) (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Thank you Angela :)

And sorry for being this late.

Here is the schedule:

Dark Lover - 5th December 2018
Lover Eternal - 20th December 2018
Lover Awakened - 5th January 2019
Lover Revealed - 20th January 2019
Lover Unbound - 5th February 2019
Lover Enshrined - 20th February 2019
Lover Avenged - 5th March 2019
Lover Mine - 20th March 2019
Lover Unleashed - 5th April 2019
Lover Reborn - 20th April 2019
Lover at Last - 5th May 2019
The King - 20th May 2019
The Shadows - 5th June 2019
The Beast - 20th June 2019
The Chosen - 5th July 2019
The Thief - 20th July 2019
The Savior - 5th August 2019

message 6: by Timelord Iain (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:11AM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 15692 comments If you make it to Lover Reborn, I might suffer through it for kicks... once upon a time, I was looking forward to Lover At Last...

If you make it to The Shadows/The Beast, you should probably be threading in the Black Dagger Legacy books, they focus on Black Dagger training school candidates, but each book also has a plotline involving a couple from the main series, so they ARE relevant, from my understanding...

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments I was wondering why those have different titles.

message 8: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15692 comments Laura wrote: "I was wondering why those have different titles."

The Black Dagger Legacy books are a return to the series' PNR roots... as the series progresses, the romance loses focus and the many POVs and the war with the myriad enemies gains focus...

And the main series titles shifted when JR Ward started giving the early couples a 2nd book, with Trouble In Paradise plotlines... The King is the 2nd book about Wrath, The Beast focuses on Rhage again... that tendency might have shifted, with the beginning of the Legacy books, since that gave JR Ward a new outlet for these second stories for old couples...

The newest book, The Savior, looks interesting... JR Ward has been promising this book for over a decade, but the storyline of BDB just keeps ballooning, with new enemies and recurring old ones, that it never quite happened until now... it's like Dark-Hunters, in that way...

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Oh. Ok. Thank you for explaining Iain.

One unrelated question: Why Eeyawn? And where's your old pic!? I liked that one better. :D

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Timelord Iain (Eeyawn) wrote: "Laura wrote: "I was wondering why those have different titles."

The Black Dagger Legacy books are a return to the series' PNR roots... as the series progresses, the romance loses focus and the man..."

Ugh, I didn't know there was another series. Man there's a lot of books here. I don't know if I have patience for all of them, but if they start losing some romance maybe. The romance is so cliche and eye rolly. I think I made it to Lover Avenged so if you all are still reading at that point I'll join in.

message 11: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15692 comments Laura wrote: "Oh. Ok. Thank you for explaining Iain.

One unrelated question: Why Eeyawn? And where's your old pic!? I liked that one better. :D"

Because Iain and Eeyawn are pronounced similarly (E-in vs E-awn) and I'm a bit of a depressed looking person most of the time with my frown and hoodie... and I've been known to hibernate in the winter and sleep 12-16hrs in a single day before...

I linked them Disney Pokemon evolutions a couple weeks ago and Zaara pointed out the Iain to Eeyawn similarities, so I trimmed the image down to be my profile pic for awhile after Christmas... the old hoodie pic is in my photos, and will be dusted off sometime in 2019, I'm sure...

message 12: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15692 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Timelord Iain (Eeyawn) wrote: "Laura wrote: "I was wondering why those have different titles."

The Black Dagger Legacy books are a return to the series' PNR roots... as the series progresses, the ..."

You stopped about when people consider the focus to start shifting the series from PNR to UF... the 5th book is the transition point, altho there are still couples in each book that pair off romantically... it's just they get less and less total pagetime compared to the war stuff... most storylines tend to last 3-4 books from introduction to resolution, with different ones starting and ending in each book, so it's a rolling plotline.... to use a Senate analogy, Senators serve 6 year terms, but 33-34 Senators are elected every 2 years... that's how the plot starts to roll...

There's the (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Not reading your spoiler. Guess this buddy read came just in time cuz honestly without it I doubt I'd have gone back to the series.

message 14: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 35 comments Joining! I will join in February since I left it in the five book but maybe will pass around to comment when you guys started it.

message 15: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5364 comments Well, I read the first several and then got obsessed with straight up Fantasy, so the series got left behind, but I would love to read them all, so this will get me motivated 😀

message 16: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1889 comments I think I have the first two books knocking around - I've certainly read the first before. I might join in if I can find them.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments I'm starting this tomorrow. :) We'll have separate threads for each book - Angela will make those after she comes back from the holiday.

Anyone else willing to start?

message 18: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5364 comments I will join tomorrow too😀

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Yeay! 😀

message 20: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1889 comments I should finish Dracula tomorrow and might read this alongside the next Crown of Stars book - I've got a bit of a 'vampire itch' that's needs scratching just now!

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Shaitarn wrote: "I should finish Dracula tomorrow and might read this alongside the next Crown of Stars book - I've got a bit of a 'vampire itch' that's needs scratching just now!"

LOL - let's hope they don't do yoga here also!! :D

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments We've got a thread for it ladies:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Meet you there?!

message 23: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1889 comments Laura wrote: "Shaitarn wrote: "I should finish Dracula tomorrow and might read this alongside the next Crown of Stars book - I've got a bit of a 'vampire itch' that's needs scratching just now!"

LOL - let's hop..."

The thought of vampires with names like Wrath and Vishous in lycra doing stretching exercises... I can't...

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments 😂🤣😂🤣 I can't either!!! :D