YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
This topic is about Stalking Jack the Ripper
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco - Starting January 22nd 2019

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4857 comments Mod
Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling, #1 New York Times bestselling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 7: (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco

Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

Agree with you, Jenn. I’ve always been fascinated with forensic science, let it be watching tv shows or documentaries related to it.

Emma - yes! Add the forensics to one of the most fascinating cases of all time and this book had me very interested early on. I hope that it stays at this level because I'm enjoying it so far.

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Chapter 16
(view spoiler)

message 6: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Signing up for December 3rd read. I have a current hold on the book but I'm the first so it should be fast!

Welcome Krystal!

Chapter 14: (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Hi Krystal!

Chapter 24
(view spoiler)

Shannara | 727 comments Signing up for this one, but I’m already ready to read the third in the series. I hope that’s okay!

Here’s my review for the second one... https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I don’t have any spoilers in there.

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Finished (view spoiler)

Welcome Shannara! That's okay, can't wait to discuss the series with you :)

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Finished [spoilers removed]

Welcome Shannara! That's okay, can't wait to discuss the series with you :)"

I know right?! I agree about Thomas!!! I had the exact same thoughts lol...

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
50% (view spoiler)

Haha, yes! Thomas is one interesting character.

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
50% [spoilers removed]

Haha, yes! Thomas is one interesting character."

(view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Shannara wrote: "Emma wrote: "Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
50% [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "Shannara wrote: "Emma wrote: "Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
50% [spoilers removed]

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
Finished
(view spoiler)

Agree with you, Shannara. For someone so smart, Thomas does the stupidest things lol

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
Finished
[spoilers removed]

Agree with you, Shannara. For someone so smart, Thomas does the stupidest things lol"

Omg yes!! (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments I love it! Especially the ending! It was so intense and so good!
(view spoiler)

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "I love it! Especially the ending! It was so intense and so good!
[spoilers removed]"

That is totally the best part!!! I can’t wait to start the next one, but I have to finish Skyward first 😫

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Shannara wrote: "Emma wrote: "I love it! Especially the ending! It was so intense and so good!
[spoilers removed]"

That is totally the best part!!! I can’t wait to start the next one, but I have to finish Skyward ..."

Take your time! Let me know when you're done so we can start the next one :D

Shannara | 727 comments Emma wrote: "Shannara wrote: "Emma wrote: "I love it! Especially the ending! It was so intense and so good!
[spoilers removed]"

That is totally the best part!!! I can’t wait to start the next one, but I have t..."

Will do!! 😊

message 22: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ugh holidays. I'm so behind on my reading but I will finish this one today and be able to start the second!

Chapter 25: (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco
Finished: (view spoiler)

message 24: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chapter 22: (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chapter 32: (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments @Jenn I know right? There was like an information dump!
How are you finding the book so far?

message 28: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

@Emma I'm really enjoying it so far! I think I'm actually liking it more than the first one - and I rated that one 4 stars haha. I just wish I wasn't so busy and I could read at my normal pace. It's killing me that I'm not done with it yet

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments @Jenn Yeah, now that it's Christmas time, I only have time to read a few chapters at a time :(

message 30: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments I’m already hooked by the first line! (1st book)

message 31: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 32: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Up to chapter 3. Seriously, I haven’t read a book like this in forever, and I’m loving (view spoiler)

message 33: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Up to chapter 8. Things are getting good! This book does a great job of keeping you interested and putting just enough that you aren’t overwhelmed, but want to know more.

message 34: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 11: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krystal wrote: "Up to chapter 8. Things are getting good! This book does a great job of keeping you interested and putting just enough that you aren’t overwhelmed, but want to know more."

This book was soo much fun

message 36: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Jenn wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Up to chapter 8. Things are getting good! This book does a great job of keeping you interested and putting just enough that you aren’t overwhelmed, but want to know more."

This boo..."

Fun is a great way to describe it! Even though (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Krystal wrote: "Up to chapter 3. Seriously, I haven’t read a book like this in forever, and I’m loving [spoilers removed]"

Same! It's been sooo long since I've read a good mystery YA novel!

message 39: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

message 40: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Emma wrote: "Krystal wrote: "Up to chapter 3. Seriously, I haven’t read a book like this in forever, and I’m loving [spoilers removed]"

Same! It's been sooo long since I've read a good mystery YA novel!"

Yes! I honestly can't remember the last time I read a YA mystery.. So I'm glad this is the one that has peaked my interest.

message 41: by Krystal (new) - added it

Krystal Ayers | 4135 comments Up to chapter 14. (view spoiler)

message 42: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chapter 30: (view spoiler)

Emma☀️ (handmeabook) | 588 comments Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

message 44: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma wrote: "Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
Chapter 22 .."

I had a lot of issues with this book - most of them with Audrey Rose. It was sadly disappointing after the first two

Finished (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting January 22nd 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.