J K Reads [Book Club] discussion

Introductions > General

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane Kelsey (jane_kelsey) | 49 comments Mod
Hi guys, tell us a little about yourselves if you want.

message 2: by Cat (new)

Cat Spearey (catspearey) | 3 comments Hi! I'm Cat :) I love books and knitting but unfortunately I can't do both at once so I often have to choose between the two :( x

message 3: by Claire (new)

Claire Hi, I'm Claire.
I love my books and my dogs, especially my Chihuahua Loki.
I'm really excited to be doing this readalong with you guys! I generally read alone because none of my friends have the same interests, but sometimes you just NEED to talk about a book!
Looking forward to getting to know eveyone!

message 4: by Jane (new)

Hi guys! lovely to meet you! Cat, that's why i fell in love with audiobooks. it took a while to get myself used to it, but I love them when I have chores to do, drive or even take ig photos.

Hi Clare! I can relate with thst do much! None of my friends like the type of stuff I read either so that's why I wanted this to happen. I am so so so excited!

I'm Jane btw! I take pictures of books and read a lot. lol.

Daniela - The Bookish Living (thebookishliving) | 15 comments Hi there! I'm Daniela, I have always love to read, and just like Claire most of my friends do not have the same interests or don't read at all, which is a totally bad thing for me because I always need someone to talk to about the books I read. Besides reading, I love to bake cookies and pastries. I also love to sing, though I'm not good at it.

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Bookwormgram (mrstm) | 1 comments Hi! I’m Tiffany. I’m a fellow rep for Illumicrate. I like reading and momming and eating tacos. 😁🖤

message 7: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee Lamendola (kimberleelamendola) | 3 comments Hey! I’m Kim. I’m a teacher in Denver. I love reading, but don’t know a ton of people that like to read what I like (although slowly that’s changing as I hook them with series I love haha) so I’m excited to read this book and chat with everyone about it. My first Illumicrate box will be the King of Scars one, but I already had this book on my Kindle so figured I’d join!

message 8: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria In Wonderland (alexandriainwonderland) | 11 comments Hello everyone! I'm Alexandria.
This will not only be my first online readalong but also my first Illumicrate box! It should be arriving today or tomorrow. Just in time!
My loves are books, animals, Scotland and art!

Melissasfandomworld | 1 comments Hello everyone!

I'm Melissa, a 29 year old bookworm/wife/mommy/animal lover, living in the Netherlands. I love everything related to books, movies, tv series and I have my own (book) blog. Feel free to add me on Goodreads as your friend - I love 'meeting' new people in this amazing book community!

I've been buying Illumicrate boxes since November '17 and I looove the idea of Illumicrate readalongs! I haven't been able to finish al the books yet that I've received by Illumicrate so far but the book of November is very high upon my tbr right now so this read along sounds perfect. I'm currently reading Queen of Air and Darkness and I'm hoping to be finished before December 10th so I can read this book along with you guys!

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire Wow, we're getting quite a few people joining in now, this is very exciting!
Do we know how we're going to go about this yet?
I mean, are we going to aim to read so many pages a day, or a few chapters?
I would be nice to keep it mostly spoiler free until we're all in the same sort of place. I don't know about you guys, but I hate book spoilers!

message 11: by Jane (new)

Hi Dear,

I am going to set it up by chapters, if we split it in 7 we get about 50 pages a day which I think it's very doable.

I hate spoilers as well and I think this will be more than doable for everyone as it seems a fast read at a glance.

Claire wrote: "Wow, we're getting quite a few people joining in now, this is very exciting!
Do we know how we're going to go about this yet?
I mean, are we going to aim to read so many pages a day, or a few chapt..."

message 12: by F (new)

F | 2 comments Hi everyone 😊 I'm Fi, a teacher from the UK. I was so excited when I saw about this readalong. I love reading...obvs. Country walks and crocheting. Best get my current read finished quick!

message 13: by Véronique (new)

Véronique | 6 comments Hey guys, I’m Véronique from the Netherlands! The November box was my first Illumicrate box and I loved it! This will be my first readalong so I’m vert excited about this! I love reading (mostly fantasy), but sadly most of my friends don’t, so this is a great opportunity to chat with people about books! And can I just say that I LOVED the look of this month’s book 😍
Oh btw, feel free to add me, I love to see the books other people read, it gives me heaps of inspiration (and makes my TBR even longer 😅)

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Hi guys, I'm Steph, I'm a housekeeper for a hotel chain and I love reading, I love my Kindle its awesome... Combined with a nice hot bubble bath = pure heaven :D

message 15: by thebookishrose (new)

thebookishrose (thebookishrose_) | 4 comments Hey everyone!

My name is Steph, I’m 19 and live in the UK! I own a bookish candle company and study English Language and Literature. You can find me on Instagram (@thebookishrose_) thanks so much for hosting this readalong, I’m so so so excited!!! 💖💖

message 16: by Jane (new)

I am so so so excited for us two start! 2 more sleeps ♡

message 17: by Suzie (new)

Suzie (thefaeriethatreads) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Suzie and this is my first ever read along. I'm excited to see what it's like! This November Illumicrate is also my first ever book box :D
I'm from Somerset, UK, I mostly love faerie fiction but anything fantasy will do :) I also like to crochet and hang out with my dog.

message 18: by Cat (new)

Cat Spearey (catspearey) | 3 comments I'm loving this already! I probably won't contribute too much as you go along because I'm going on holiday (and it is that busy time at work too) but I will try!

message 19: by Jane (new)

I am so excited to be reading with you guys!! And the book sounds amazing so I am so looking forward to it. ♡

message 20: by Kath (last edited Dec 09, 2018 08:15AM) (new)

Kath Lau (kath_reads) | 1 comments Hey guys! I'm Kath and I'm not good with introduction. lol
I'm 32 and I live in Germany. I'm originally from the Philippines. Some of my favorite authors are VE Schwab, John Green, and Haruki Murakami. Some of my favorite series are The Lunar Chronicles, PJ and the Olympians, Mara Dyer, Shades of Magic, and a lot lot more. :D I love chai latte and I believe in unicorns. ♥

message 21: by Charvi (new)

Charvi (notjustfiction) hi everyone!
I'm Charvi and I live in India. I'm 17 and I'm really excited for this read along :D
I'm also very awkward haha I don't know what else to write.

message 22: by Cora (new)

Cora Tea Party Princess (corazie) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

My name is Cora and I blog at Tea Party Princess. I have a TERRIBLE track record with finishing my Illumicrate books haha. I can't wait to get stuck in and read along, as I am SO excited to read Empress of All Seasons.

When I'm not reading I'm knitting or watching cheesy teen dramas on Netflix, sometimes both at the same time.

My favourite ever book is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and my favourite ever Illumicrate book was the ARC of Light Years by Kass Morgan, did anyone else read it?

Ooh will there also be readalongs for extra books, or only for the feature title?

message 23: by Jane (new)

Hi Cora, that ARC is still on my TBR!! I am that bad with reading books from boxes asap.

Yes there will be, which means I need to finish reading the Grisha trilogy before King of Scars comes out, hahahah.

I'm planning more things, but for the moment I'm gonna have to get used to the readalong... one step at a time... Lol.

Cora wrote: "Hello everyone!

My name is Cora and I blog at Tea Party Princess. I have a TERRIBLE track record with finishing my Illumicrate books haha. I can't wait to get stuck in and read along, as I am SO e..."

message 24: by Jane (new)

Hi guys, There is now an Illumicrate official group with readalong and challenges, as you might already know. I will be seeing you all there as I am continuing to moderate there. I am really excited for 2019 and the amazing things that Illumicrate are coming up with.

You can access the official group here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This group will remain as a book club, so stick around if you want!

Happy 2019!