Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > The Paper Ghost - Several Beta Readers Needed [Fantasy/Mystery]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.O. (last edited Nov 30, 2018 07:16AM) (new)

S.O. (spiderink) | 2 comments Hello,
I’m looking for some beta readers for my completed novel. It's a character-driven story named ‘The Paper Ghost.’ The genres it delves into include fantasy, supernatural, mystery, and dystopia.

The story follows a woman named Lenore Laymon, who is a wanted fugitive who works in an underground theatre with her lover, Odell Averill. They are trapped in the city they live in under a glass cage by the city’s dictators. While trying to create a mechanism to destroy the cage, Lenore accidentally uses her powers to resurrect the ghost of some unknown person. The ghost and Lenore embark on a journey to discover who the ghost used to be while unearthing the extent of the city’s corruption.

The story is a little slow in the mysteries progression and it contains some adult language and themes. It is the first in what I hope to be a series. The manuscript is a finished 120,000 words but if you're interested, I will send you the prologue, which is 3k words, as a starter.
Thank you for your time,
Savannah

message 2: by Jasmyn (new)

Jasmyn | 2 comments I am interested!

message 3: by S.O. (new)

S.O. (spiderink) | 2 comments Lovely
How would you like me to send it to you? I could email it as a word document or share it on as a Google Drive document.

message 4: by Jasmyn (new)

Jasmyn | 2 comments A word document would work. I’ll dm you my email.

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Combs | 28 comments I would love to read this! I beta through my website, so if you head over to apply, that would be great! I love using Google Drive for everything so I see that works well for you.

http://briannacombsbetaservice.weebly...