2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Keri's Pushing 75 . . .(in books, not age)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keri (last edited Jan 21, 2019 01:11PM) (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments If I keep up my reading trend from this year, I should be able to hit 75 fairly easily in 2019. My goal is to bring my physical TBR list back down to a manageable number and the 60+ I read this year and the 75 for next year should just about do it. Maybe I could finally start borrowing from the library again to read the ones I don't own.

26/75

The Girl from the Other Side Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2 (The Girl from the Other Side, #2) by Nagabe _ Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16) by Bisco Hatori
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #4) by Kore Yamazaki _ Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Ouran High School Host Club, #17) by Bisco Hatori
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 5 by Kore Yamazaki _ Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18 (Ouran High School Host Club, #18) by Bisco Hatori
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 6 by Kore Yamazaki _ Basilisk by N.M. Browne
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7 by Kore Yamazaki _ Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 4 by Kairi Yura _ Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga, #1) by Jennifer Donnelly
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 5 by Kairi Yura _
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 6 by Kairi Yura _
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 7 by Kairi Yura _
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 8 by Kairi Yura _
The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 9 by Kairi Yura _
The Book of Giants The Watchers, Nephilim, and the Book of Enoch by Joseph B. Lumpkin _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9) by Bisco Hatori _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10) by Bisco Hatori _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11) by Bisco Hatori _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 12 (Ouran High School Host Club, #12) by Bisco Hatori _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 13 (Ouran High School Host Club, #13) by Bisco Hatori _
Silksinger (Faeries of Dreamdark, #2) by Laini Taylor _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14) by Bisco Hatori _
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 (Ouran High School Host Club, #15) by Bisco Hatori _

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds good Keri! Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a happy new reading year!

message 3: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Thank you very much, and you as well!!

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Keri that sounds like an awesome plan. I hope you complete and surpass your goal.

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Keri wrote: "Thank you very much, and you as well!!"

Thanks Keri! :)

message 6: by Keri (last edited Dec 26, 2018 08:09AM) (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Kristin wrote: "Great goal, Keri! I'm also impressed with your discipline! I have shelves of unread books but my goal is to read them and give most of them away. I love my library very much, though, so it is alway..."

Thank you! I love my library too and would like to get back to borrowing from them. I am going to have to with some of the uncompleted series I have on my bookshelves though.
Although, you give me too much credit. As much of my books I read from my owned collection, that collection somehow keeps growing every time I look at it. If this keeps up, I'll never reach my goal because I'll keep buying more books. LOL.

Thank you very much. Happy readings to you too!

message 7: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Blagica wrote: "Keri that sounds like an awesome plan. I hope you complete and surpass your goal."

Thank you very much. I hope so too. And may you have a blessed year in reading as well!

message 8: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments I gave up listing every book I read. Just gonna keep track of what number I am on.

28/75

message 9: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments 34/75--currently reading Across the Great Barrier (Frontier Magic, #2) by Patricia C. Wrede

message 10: by Keri (last edited Apr 13, 2019 04:24PM) (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments 45/75--currently reading Mirror Sword and Shadow Prince (Tales of the Magatama, #2) by Noriko Ogiwara

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Awesome job so far keep it up!

message 12: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Blagica wrote: "Awesome job so far keep it up!"
Thank you!! I sure went through a lot of books starting this year but now I find myself beginning to drag. Lol. I think it's because I'm picking up bigger novels then the ones from earlier.

message 13: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments 65/75 -- currently reading The Binding by Bridget Collins

message 14: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments You have read some very interesting books this year. Keep up the great reading!

message 15: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Blagica wrote: "You have read some very interesting books this year. Keep up the great reading!"

Haha, thanks!

message 16: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Goal completed!! 75/75 And the finishing line book was......

The Twelve Kingdoms The Vast Spread of the Seas (The Twelve Kingdoms, #3) by Fuyumi Ono

Which, by the way, was so much better than the first book, and even better than the second even though I had enjoyed the second a lot too.

But why stop at 75?? I shall keep on reading until my eyes fail me, my ears deafen, and my heart stops.

Currently reading: The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

message 17: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments “Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.” I hope the last month has found you some best books.

message 18: by Keri (last edited Dec 04, 2019 06:30PM) (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Blagica wrote: "“Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all.” I hope the last month has found you some best books."

That's....actually great advice. I always save the ones I think I will love for last to motivate me to read the ones I'm not sure about, otherwise, I fear they will sit on my shelf untouched forever. But maybe I'm doing it wrong. Lol.

And thank you!

message 19: by Keri (new)

Keri Sparks | 274 comments Read 103 out of 75--currently reading The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror Twentieth Annual Collection by Ellen Datlow , The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson , and The Crown of Dalemark (The Dalemark Quartet, #4) by Diana Wynne Jones