Reading with Style discussion

RwS Winter 18-19 > 20.10 Over and Under

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6154 comments Read any book with an average rating over 3.74 AND under 1001 ratings. (3.75/1000)

Please post any questions or comments about task 20.10.

message 2: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2957 comments Please can I have this one locked in, because it's dead on 3.75:
The Sleeping Beauty by Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Got it!

And Rosemary presents the "good" problem. Please, if you have a title you want to read for this task and either the average rating is at or within a point or two of 3.75 OR the total ratings are in the high 990s, please post the title here to lock it in.

message 4: by Lagullande (new)

Lagullande | 1029 comments Please could I lock in Jenny - ave rating 3.75, 522 ratings. Many thanks.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Lagullande wrote: "Please could I lock in Jenny - ave rating 3.75, 522 ratings. Many thanks."

Got it!

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny (Literary Hoarders) (pennyliteraryhoarders) | 123 comments Okay, so you mean something like The Wild Birds?

4.19 with 116 ratings.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Penny wrote: "Okay, so you mean something like The Wild Birds?

4.19 with 116 ratings."

Yes, that book works for this task.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan (gentlyread) | 358 comments Can I lock in Marriage of a Thousand Lies (3.75 & 951)?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Megan wrote: "Can I lock in Marriage of a Thousand Lies (3.75 & 951)?"

Got it!

message 10: by Owlette (new)

Owlette | 478 comments Can I lock in On the Beaten Path: An Appalachian Pilgrimage (3.78 & 465)? Thanks.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Owlette wrote: "Can I lock in On the Beaten Path: An Appalachian Pilgrimage (3.78 & 465)? Thanks."

Yes!

message 12: by Karin (new)

Karin I've already read this and may read it again because I love it, but for those looking, here is a literary award winning (so style points, not sure about combo points as I haven't looked) book that I loved and is 4.11 rating-wise, Republic of Dirt: A Return to Woefield Farm.

You don't absolutely have to read the first book first, although it is a sequel. It won a humour award.

message 13: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4572 comments I'm attending the National Winter Conference of the library association in Seattle at the end of January and attending an event where these four author's will present. Some of their new books aren't yet published, but I will probably get ARCs at the event for those that aren't out yet. All 4 qualify here at this point and I would like to get any that can be approved (due to pub dates) locked in.

She Would Be King published 9/18
Beautiful Bad ARC
The Paris Diversion
The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Karen Michele wrote: "I'm attending the National Winter Conference of the library association in Seattle at the end of January and attending an event where these four author's will present. Some of their new books aren'..."

Verified - have fun at the conference!

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (gentlyread) | 358 comments Can I lock in A Diamond in the Snow (3.75 at 4 ratings)?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Megan wrote: "Can I lock in A Diamond in the Snow (3.75 at 4 ratings)?"

You got it!

message 17: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2419 comments Can I get The Radiant Way by Margaret Drabble locked in... 3.76 and 904 ratings.

message 18: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6154 comments Ed wrote: "Can I get The Radiant Way by Margaret Drabble locked in... 3.76 and 904 ratings."

Got it.

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary | 864 comments Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day

Can I lock this in for 1001 challenge?

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary | 864 comments Towpath

Another book I'd like to lock in for the over under challenge

message 21: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6154 comments Mary wrote: "Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day

Can I lock this in for 1001 challenge?"

Yes

message 22: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6154 comments Mary wrote: "Towpath

Another book I'd like to lock in for the over under challenge"

Got it.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Maigret Sets a Trap - at 997 ratings!

This is a Kindle deal in the US today (worldwide?), by the way.

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary | 864 comments Another book to lock in for this task

Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp

message 25: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Brown | 2477 comments I would like to lock in: Book Lust to Go: Recommended Reading for Travelers, Vagabonds, and Dreamers

It is sitting at 3.79 with 759 ratings

message 26: by Karen Michele (last edited Jan 06, 2019 01:25PM) (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4572 comments I have a "just in case" request for The Black God's Drums:
4.11 and 999 ratings!

Oh, phooey - it's at 1000, now --- nevermind;)

message 27: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2957 comments Locking in The Library Book at 3.80 and 896 please!

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12339 comments Karen Michele wrote: "I have a "just in case" request for The Black God's Drums:
4.11 and 999 ratings!

Oh, phooey - it's at 1000, now --- nevermind;)"

I think I noted it in time, Karen.

message 29: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4572 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Karen Michele wrote: "I have a "just in case" request for The Black God's Drums:
4.11 and 999 ratings!

Oh, phooey - it's at 1000, now --- nevermind;)"

I think I noted it in time, ..."

Great, Elizabeth and thanks!

message 30: by Mary (new)

Mary | 864 comments May I lock in this book

The Wedding Guest by Jonathan Kellerman

Thanks