Reading with Style discussion

RwS Winter 18-19 > 10.5 2018 Amazon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6140 comments Read any book on the Amazon Editor's Choice Best 100 Books of 2018.

Please use this thread for comments/questions/suggestions for task 10.5.

message 2: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4338 comments here is an interview with the author, Diane Setterfield the author of Once Upon a River, about her newest book

https://www.goodreads.com/interviews/...

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4338 comments I'm trying to link up There, There to tell everyone that it and Washington Black are on the short list for the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction. Goodreads says there is no book by that title when I try.
However the winner will be announced on Jan 27, 2019. If we claim one of these books before the award is announced and it does win, can we add the prize points then, or should we wait to post until after the winners have been announced?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12302 comments There There - got it to link by searching by ISBN from the book page.

You can claim the book any time. If you will post in the questions thread that the award announcement has been made (I won't remember), I'll get it added to the books.

message 5: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4568 comments I’ll be there for the Carnegie announcement at the winter national library conference in Seattle, so I’ll let you know, too!

message 6: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4338 comments Oh Karen! How I envy you that! You must tell us all about it! Lucky cat!

message 7: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4568 comments Rebekah wrote: "Oh Karen! How I envy you that! You must tell us all about it! Lucky cat!"

I am really excited about it! All of the young people's awards (Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, etc) are also announced at the midwinter conference. I haven't been to a conference for 5 years since I retired, but since it's close by, I can't resist!