What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book series: teenagers travel to an alternate reality/ magical kingdom (?)* headgear*

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DRaina (new)

DRaina | 3 comments Hi everyone, I'm looking for this book series that I read about 10 years ago:

Girl and her brother travel through a tree/ hole in the ground in the woods near their house into a different world. The headgear in this land differentiates people- red for wise sages and seers; black for magicians. The girl has red hair and is considered immediately to be royalty/priestess and is pampered. The teenagers' goth friend from school has black hair is feared for her magical powers.
The brother falls in love with a girl from the desert who is a part of a tribe that is plotting a rebellion against the main kingdom.

I'll add other details if I remember anything else. Any ideas?
Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
DRaina, how old are main characters (older/younger brother)? Who do they think is the brother? Does the goth friend enter the magical world with the siblings?

Where is their hometown - country, region, near a well-known city?

message 3: by DRaina (new)

DRaina | 3 comments Kris wrote: "DRaina, how old are main characters (older/younger brother)? Who do they think is the brother? Does the goth friend enter the magical world with the siblings?

Where is their hometown - country, re..."

Hi Kris, it's an older brother and a younger sister with red hair. I think the younger sister discovers the land after the brother. And the goth friend enters the world separately. I think the book is based in the US but I'm not too sure.
The younger sister meets the prince of this kingdom. I think royalty had blue headgear.
Pretty rusty on the details. Hope this is useful in jogging your memory! Also: this was a book series and the female author's first book

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
DRaina ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 45 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by DRaina (last edited Mar 10, 2019 04:29PM) (new)

DRaina | 3 comments bump

Hi everyone: Just something else I remembered- the sister was called Zoe