Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hey all!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan I am new to this group. I've been a member of GR for a while but I hardly get a chance to come on here. I am going to try better now! :D I am a new author and a mother of 4 boys, and a wife. I also own a small cleaning business to help pay the bills. So I/we are quite the busy family. In recent months I have also been reading when I can. I love to learn and converse to get others perspectives. I am happy to be here!

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 19, 2009 01:38PM) (new)

Rebecca Nolan Hi! As I stated I love listening to what others have to say. Being a mom doesn't allow me a lot of grown up discussion time and I need that for personal growth as well as helping me to keep the juices flowing in my brain as far as how and where to promote Midnbight Veil.
I wasn't trying to be sneaky at all. My GR name is the same as the name on my book.
Thanks for the welcome!

message 3: by Allison (The Allure of Books) (last edited Aug 19, 2009 01:53PM) (new)

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) what books are your favorites Rebecca? Hopefully we've made threads for some of them already! I'll look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan thanks Allison!
Some of my favorite books may not be YA. Amazing Grace by Jonathan Kozol was one of my favs and Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurie. The best book I read recently wasn't a YA book it is the Birth of Satan, Tracing the devils biblical roots. It actually made me want to read the bible- not kidding! But I have a book called Ashely and Tiana by another online friend that I have received and look forward to reading shortly. I am amazed that there are sooooooo many different vampire series and I am beginning to feel left out LOL! not having read any!

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) yeah...the vampire thing is raging out of control.

message 6: by Avigail (new)

Avigail (ababaigalit) Welcome to the group Rebecca

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan Believe it or not I started and finished reading Ashley and Tiana by Jessica Driesdat. I would recommend this book to young readers in middle school or even 10 yrs old. It was a good depiction of how people of all ages can integrate their cultures and beliefs and get along regardless of our differences in such.

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Welcome to Wild Things Rebecca!