Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

PUPPET MASTERS AND SECRET OATHS > The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Who would you like to win? And who do you think will win?)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lance, Group Founder (last edited Nov 14, 2018 09:47PM) (new)

Lance Morcan | 2091 comments The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

We have a group poll on this subject which we'll keep running and updating until the election in Nov 2020.
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

On the list so far include the following confirmed, rumored and "wish list" candidates:
Donald J. Trump, Jon Rappoport, Oprah Winfrey, Howard Schultz, Bernie Sanders, Michael Bloomberg, Joe Biden, Kanye West, Cory Booker, Michelle Obama, Bill Weld, John Kerry, Jim Webb, Al Gore, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, John McAfee, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Jesse Ventura, Marco Rubio, Jill Stein, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Alec Baldwin, Zoltan Istvan, Kirsten Gillibrand, Chelsea Clinton, Mark Cuban, Ivanka Trump, Alex E. Jones, Michael Avenatti, Tulsi Gabbard, Beto O’Rourke

message 2: by Lance, Group Founder (new)

Lance Morcan | 2091 comments Donald Trump's midterm results and exit polls have left us some big clues about 2020 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-1...

message 3: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Mainor | 63 comments That is a horrible list. If Trump is to lose, Corey Booker is probably the only credible name on that list for moving the country forward.

Trump is now our 4th Baby Boomer President, and the generation is only getting older. Our next President needs to be a Gen Xer to send a message that we're ready to move forward from the current wave of scandal-ridden presidents. We don't signal that we want the country to move forward by going backwards to elect our next leader.

In a broader sense, I'm not sure another Congressman is a good choice for President. Bad news for Booker, but to use him as an example, what's the extent of leadership he's going to bring to the job? A history of grandstanding during committee hearings? Historically, governors are looked at because their roles are miniature versions of the President's job. The one thing Hillary had going for her in 2016, is that a lot of our Presidents have served as Secretary of State as well. Military leaders are another popular choice, and the funny thing is that while they may have made great generals, they tend to be okay Presidents...and maybe that's what we need - someone who just lets the country coast for 4-8 years while we catch our breaths and calm down as a people...

message 5: by Montzalee (last edited Feb 07, 2019 09:36PM) (new)

Montzalee Wittmann (MontzieW) | 4 comments I won't vote for K.Harris after checking her prosecution record. She was on my good list but not any more. Plus her, Booker, and Gillibrand have already went to Wall Street checking to see if they can get backing. Doesn't sound like they are being the progressives they say they are. Booker was very outspoken against Obama too!

Wall Street doesn't want anyone in that won't make them richer. They like Biden,Harris, and Booker. They hate Warren and Sanders.

message 6: by W.L. (new)

W.L. Wright | 5 comments Trump he is like the Dave character in the old movie.

message 7: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 8194 comments Hillary Clinton confirms she won't run for president in 2020 https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-am...

message 8: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 8194 comments Michelle Obama is the only one who can beat Donald Trump in 2020 – if only she would run

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/p...

message 9: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 651 comments James wrote: "Michelle Obama is the only one who can beat Donald Trump in 2020 – if only she would run

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/p......"

The last line in your link is depressing - Trump is the President Americans deserve. But I feel that now Clinton is not running the Dems chances have improved greatly, as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with their persistent hounding of Trump. They should accept the Mueller report, whatever it says, and shut up. Otherwise they merely get the Republicans firmed up, and many of the undecided who don't usually vote to feel sympathy for Trump.

message 10: by Israel (last edited May 29, 2019 02:48PM) (new)

Israel Morrow (israel_morrow) | 6 comments Ian wrote: "Trump is the President Americans deserve."

I would agree with that, although not because I like Trump or America. I predicted Trump's win long before it happened; he is simply the type of person millions of Americans aspire to be. I think he has a significant shot of winning reelection, but it depends greatly on who his adversary is. Personally, I would have voted for Oprah, solely because she would be the candidate least likely to start a war or launch a nuke.

message 11: by Lance, Group Founder (new)

Lance Morcan | 2091 comments Israel wrote: "Ian wrote: "Trump is the President Americans deserve."

I would agree with that, although not because I like Trump or America. I predicted Trump's win long before it happened; he is simply the type..."

If Trump is the President Americans deserve, that's a worry for America (and the world).

Obviously, many Americans would violently disagree they deserve him. But how many? I guess we'll find out in the next presidential election.

message 12: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 651 comments Israel wrote: "Ian wrote: "Trump is the President Americans deserve."

I would agree with that, although not because I like Trump or America. I predicted Trump's win long before it happened; he is simply the type..."

For what it is worth, I have a friend in the UK and we exchange sooths from time to time. I predicted Trump over 1 year out. However, I think he won mainly because Hillary has a lot of people against her, especially the way she beat Bernie.

message 13: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 8194 comments Marianne Williamson’s First Act in Office: Call New Zealand PM and Say ‘Girlfriend, You Are So On’ https://www.thedailybeast.com/2020-de...

Marianne Williamson

message 14: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 651 comments James wrote: "Marianne Williamson’s First Act in Office: Call New Zealand PM and Say ‘Girlfriend, You Are So On’ https://www.thedailybeast.com/2020-de......"

Hmm - another example of be careful what you wish for??? Jacinda rose to serious popularity for wearing a headscarf and being popular after our unexpected piece of local terrorism. Great photo ops, but she still has the task of running the country. She will probably win the next election because not a huge amount will go wrong between now and then, but there are very few real policy scores on the board so far.

message 15: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Vista | 1 comments Ian wrote "They should accept the Mueller report, whatever it says, and shut up. Otherwise they merely get the Republicans firmed up, and many of the undecided who don't usually vote to feel sympathy for Trump."

I definitely would agree with that statement as the Democrats shouldn't create more friction with their voters with these false claims, otherwise they could keep reducing their chances to getting votes for the 2020 election

message 16: by Soul Survivor (new)

Soul Survivor  (Kimosabi2018) Lance wrote: "The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

We have a group poll on this subject which we'll keep running and updating until the election in Nov 2020.
https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...-..."

message 17: by Soul Survivor (new)

Soul Survivor  (Kimosabi2018) Concerning your list , I see a glaring exception : Since 1968 Mickey Mouse has received votes in every Presidential election . I think this might be his break-through campaign as his ideas have remained consistent , non-offensive and apolitical for over 50 years . That beats Bernie in almost every category .

Underground Knowledge — A discussion group

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marianne Williamson (other topics)