Book lovers discussion

Books > Favourite Series

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
What are everyones favourite series? Do any of you like a series that isnt talked about much that you would like to recommend?

message 2: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) Necroscope 1-5 by Brian Lumley are excellent vampire/supernatural books

Deepgate Codex [Lye Street, Scar Night, Iron Angel, God of Clocks:] by Alan Campbell was really good too.

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan [fantasy:]

Oz by L. Frank Baum, series is always great to re-visit

just to name a few that I've enjoyed.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I hear good things about Necroscope but some one said that not all of them are good.

message 4: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) it's a long series and with any long and epic series, it can loose itself throughout the journey. I definitely recommend starting the series though, you don't have to read all 14.

message 5: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Aug 19, 2009 01:38PM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) The Dark Tower 1-7 by Stephen King - loved it and was so glad when he carried on the series after 20 odd years in the making!

Also loved The Sword of Truth series 1 - 11 (I think) by Terry Goodkind

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I might try the first one in the Necroscope series and see what i think of it.

I was going to try the Dark Tower series but amazon confused me as to which books were part of the series and what order they went in so i ended up not buying any

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Here you go Jo in the right order!

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is great, 11 books and a Spin off book - Debt of Bones which can be read at anytime in the series

Wizards First Rule
Stone of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire
Faith of the Fallen
The Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Chainfire
Phantom
Confessor

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King 7 books with a spin off Eyes of the Dragon - which can be read anytime in the series

The Gunslinger
The Drawing of the Three
The Wastelands
Wizard and Glass
Wolves of Calla
Song of Suzanna
The Dark Tower

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Thanks Lynne! Thats a great help :)

message 9: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) my fave series has 2 b the mortal instruments and the morganville series is my 2nd fave

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I liked Morganville but got bored after a while. I havent tried Mortal Instruments yet but i hear great things about it!

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark Rayner (markarayner) | 9 comments I have a couple of old series to recommend: Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld series, and the epic 'Saga of Pliocene Exile', by Julian May.

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Jo wrote: "I liked Morganville but got bored after a while. I havent tried Mortal Instruments yet but i hear great things about it! "

u shud definately give the mortal instruments a go they r the best

message 13: by Smash (new)

Smash (smash_attack) Jerrod wrote: "Necroscope 1-5 by Brian Lumley are excellent vampire/supernatural books

I tried reading the first Necroscope book years ago and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try again. My good friend up north has been trying to get me to read it for years!

As far as my favorite series, they are the popular ones in the Urban Fantasy/Paranormal genre.

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
The Hollows series by Kim Harrison
Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent
The Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris
The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost

message 14: by Jerrod (new)

Jerrod (liquidazrael) ~♡кαтιє♡~ wrote: "Jo wrote: "I liked Morganville but got bored after a while. I havent tried Mortal Instruments yet but i hear great things about it! "

u shud definately give the mortal instruments a go they r th..."

The first is great because it can easily stand alone without the others. I'm a fan of Lumley and really recommend people at least giving him a try.

Another 'series' that is good is Brian Lumley's House of Doors. It's only two books consisting of House of Doors and Maze of Worlds.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) Definitely The Gunslinger series. And the Dragon Lance Saga series.