Up and Coming Authors discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
I got my first shipment in. Holly helped with "where" to sign (thank you). My husband thinks that I should number my first shipment after signing "1 of 70", "2 of 70", etc... is this normal?

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I don't know if it's normal, but I think it's a good idea.

It'll be like those limited edition coins!

message 3: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna I have seen it done many times on limited editions. The question is what will the reader think about it or would it matter at all.
I would say don't sweat the small stuff, ask yourself what looks best to you and go for it.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

I've decided against it. The only book I numbered was the very first proof I got. I signed it "This is the very first printed copy of the Danny Series, and I'm giving it to my very first and biggest fan...Love Mom"

All the others will just have a normal signature :) If I ever become famous my boy's book will be the one worth the most!

message 5: by Svetlana (new)

Svetlana Kovalkova-McKenna After some thinking, if it is not a limited edition (not to be repeated again ever exactly the same), you may want to obstain from signing it like a limited edition "1 of 70 " and etc.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Gotcha.

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly Christine | 7 comments Sherry,
I had a few authors tell me to practice my signature before my signing. I'm wondering... did you practice? My husband and I recently purchased a home and I used that as practice ;) Our mortgage looks like art.