Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > New Mystery

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob (robroy) | 4 comments Most of Iles's are good--but his early ones (Spandau Phoenix and Black Cross)are boring spy novels. One thing you have to watch out for in buying his are the ones that are published under different titles: 24 Hours also published as Trapped, for example. I emailed him one time to point out how confusing this is to his readers in buying books but never got a reply from him so--BUYER BEWARE!

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 35 comments I'm reading the latest by Iles, The Devil's Punchbowl. I've always liked his books. This one takes place in Mississippi and I enjoy the descriptions of this small town in the deep south and its culture past and present. It's got some real bad guys in it and some great heroes but I found that it had some slow spots and may be a bit too long (570 pages). I did like it though, just not as much as some of his earlier books.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I've read Sleep No More and I enjoyed it.

message 4: by Joseph (last edited Aug 24, 2009 06:52PM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 31 comments Bob wrote: "Most of Iles's are good--but his early ones (Spandau Phoenix and Black Cross)are boring spy novels. One thing you have to watch out for in buying his are the ones that are published under differen..."

Stop, You’re Killing Me! http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/ is a great resource for lovers of mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books. They list over 2,900 authors, with chronological lists of their books (over 32,000 titles), both series (3,300+) and non-series. They are very good at printing titles with their A.P.A. (Also Printed As) titles.

message 5: by LynnB (new)

LynnB Joseph wrote: "Stop, You’re Killing Me! http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/ is a great resource for lovers of mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books. They list over 2,900 authors, with chronological..."

Hey, thanks for the website of lists. I hadn't heard of it before, but it's bookmarked now!!