Great African Reads discussion

The Last Will & Testament of Senhor da Silva Araújo
Tour d'Afrique A-L Books 2008-12 > Almeida: The Last Will and Testament of Senhor da Silva Araujo | Cape Verde (Tour D'Afrique) first read: Aug 2009

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Muphyn (last edited Aug 19, 2009 12:28AM) (new)

Muphyn | 816 comments I've only just started reading it but I'm already quite enchanted by the writing style! has anybody else read it/is reading it? thoughts?

message 2: by Marieke, Former guide & Chief Chatterbox (new) - added it

Marieke | 2838 comments Mod
Muphyn wrote: "I've only just started reading it but I'm already quite enchanted by the writing style! has anybody else read it/is reading it? thoughts?"

i started it but didn't get very far because i felt like everyone else was reading "ring of the slave prince" so i set it aside to read the other selection.
also, i kind of wanted to read the almeida book in one fell swoop (more or less) and didn't have a good schedule for that when i started it...but it looks like i might be able to do that this upcoming weekend...so i'll try to post some thoughts shortly!

Andrea | 660 comments I've read it. I actually found it kind of slow at first. But then as I got into the questions of who was really revealing the true personality and motivations of Senhor, the Will or his nephew's narratives, it got more intriguing.

message 4: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn | 816 comments have been very busy with work these last few days (as per usual...) but i'm really hoping to get it AND finish it on the weekend! will post some more thoughts then.