Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Scotland > The Stonewycke Trilogy by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments This is a 3 in 1 volume of The Stonewycke trilogy. I did not see any posts on this set or even about these authors. I picked the book up at a used bookstore last week and wanted to know if anyone had heard of or read this series before. It looked good to me which I guess is obvious since I bought it.

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I know that Amy has read it. I have it and plan to read it, when it makes it's way through the TBR pile. I know some people have mentioned in other threads that they have enjoyed various other Michael Phillips novels.

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (kindredspirit) | 2 comments This is one of my favorite Michael Phillips/Judith Pella series! I recommend it, it's really good. I did read it last when I was a teen, though... lol. Sometimes your tastes change as an adult (It's probably been 8 years). I like Michael Phillips' collaborative novels the best, too - I never could get into any of the novels he wrote himself. I know a lot of people love them, though.

Anyway, this trilogy is the kind you finish reading and then are thinking about for a long time after - very good!

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I do remember trying to read one that he wrote alone. Neither my SIL nor I could get into it either.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 41 comments There are actually six books in the series. I thought they were some of the best books I have every read. I love Michael Phillips European books. Another great series, five books is The Rose series. Aboutg WWII and is so full of faith you will just love them. I could not put them down.
Anne Bernie

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 41 comments I have not read the Stonewycke trilogy, but I did love his Shenandoah Sisters and Carolina Cousins series. Christy, you would love the four Carolina Cousins books because they are a continuation of the Shenandoah Sisters books. I didn't know if you had seen them or not.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne (spartandax) | 41 comments I was trying to remember the set names of the Stonewycke books. They are first 3-The Stonewycke Trilogy, the second three, The Stonewycke Legacy.
Anne

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyfishgirl) | 17 comments Yeah I read the first three books in the Stonewycke saga, the Stonewicke Trilogy. They were very good. I started the 1st book the 2nd set of three, set in WW2. I like WW2 books, but that one didn't trip my trigger, and I didn't finish it. Odd for me since I always finish what I start reading.

I loved the Shenandoah Sisters! the Carolina Cousins was good too, different way of continuing the story, but still good. Have not read American Dreams or the rose series.

message 9: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments Amy wrote: "Yeah I read the first three books in the Stonewycke saga, the Stonewicke Trilogy. They were very good. I started the 1st book the 2nd set of three, set in WW2. I like WW2 books, but that one didn't..."

Well I have not started this book yet but am looking forward to it now even more after reading so many positive remarks. I did just recently order a couple more Phillips books and others in the Christian Fiction section. The 2 Phillips ones are A Day to Pick Your Own Cotton and Angels Watching Over Me. <---arent thos the Carolina Cousins? (my mom recommended my getting these two)

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (amyfishgirl) | 17 comments Wen, those are the shenandoah sisters series, the series before the carolina cousins. The shenandoah sisters series is the setting for carolina cousins, which maybe harder to become more involved with the characters if you read the carolina cousins with out the shenandoah sisters series.

message 11: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments Amy wrote: "Wen, those are the shenandoah sisters series, the series before the carolina cousins. The shenandoah sisters series is the setting for carolina cousins, which maybe harder to become more involved ..."

Well at least I will be starting in the right place. Thanks