Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Blood Promise discussion

Just finished BLOOD PROMISE.

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Aug 18, 2009 07:17PM) (new)

Jess So I just finished blood promise!!I wanted to here your thoughts on the book, and what you think will happen in in spirit bound.

Janaye Out of curiosity how did you finish a book that is not available until the 25?

Rose i know right?

Kirsty exactly because nobody else can get it till the 25th?

Kirsty OMG GUYS SHES RIGHT I JUST GOT MINE IN THE POST

Jess Everall Hey! Im a different Jess, I could pick mine up today as well by my bookstore, im from holland btw

Kirsty its so exciting ae?

message 8: by Jess (last edited Aug 19, 2009 09:50PM) (new)

Jess I pre. ordered my book from the book store and because I buy books there frequently they gave me the book when it arrived. Also some books stores have whats called a soft release date which allows them to release earlier.

message 9: by Daniela (new)

Daniela TELL USS ABOUT IT !!!

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea I know some people got early copies of the book.
Luckies!
Please, oh please, just tell us if it's worth reading!

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess It's defiantly worth reading. I will not give anything away. I will say this, a lot of people are on the right track on there theory's and it ends on a cliff hanger but I'm sure you all could have guessed that.

message 12: by Daniela (new)

Daniela omg i am so excited to read this! 2 more freakin daays !! :D

Kassie Tell us a little clue!!!!!!! Are we going to see dimitri ??????

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

IS ROSE PREGNANT

PLZ TELL

message 15: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess I am currently reading Blood Promise. And OMG. It is brilliant.

Kassie Omg... I want ro knowwwwwww!

message 17: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess I have finished reading Blood Promise. OMG. What brilliant writing. And at the end. OMGGGGGGGGG.

I cant wait for the next one to come out. Is it may yet. OMG. People you are going to love reading it.
Its absolutely brilliant from start to finish.

Is Rose Pregnant??
No she isn't.

Are we going to see Dimitri?
Yes we do.

Kassie Thank you SO much for answering jess!!!!! I cant wait omgomgomgomgomg!!!

message 19: by Truelove (new)

Truelove I can't wait to get my copy, can you tell us if there is at least a kiss between Dimitri and Rose? My favorite part from the series so far was the Kiss between Rose and Dimitri in the gym in Frostbite!!!

Alexandra Well i thought the book was great and there was much more dimitri than I thought their was going to be : ) I also didn't see that ending coming I thought Mead did that really well! I also liked how she developed the character of Adrian, he's very likable in this book . Im gonna write more about what i think is gonna happen in spirit bound once the books out for everyone cause otherwise i'll give away a lot of what happens in this book. Whooop! go the pre ordering!

message 21: by Jess (new)

Jess I waited for what seemed like forever for Blood Promise and now I'm going to have to wait entirety for Spirit bound I'm sad.

Sidra i LOVEDDDDED the book..mainly becuz of adrian's character development..OMG I LVOE ADRIAN! rose better not blow up her chance with him this time!:@

@truelove: oh yeah dimitri and rose kissed MANYYY time in the book..infact there r like lot more kisses between the two of them than the other 3 books pulled off together:P LOL..

but im not too sure i liked the ending..and i know rose dimitri fans will disagree with me here..for those of u who have read the book and the ending - why i didn't like it was i thought that what happened on the bridge wud've been a perfect end to the story...i think the whole "goodbye" thing got a bit dragged by the final twist...

but oh well - hey i SO WANT TO SEE ADRIANNN!! GOSSH I LOVE THAT GUY!!!Team Adrian!!:D

Alexandra Yea but now there's still hope to save him! She just has to find Victors brother. If it finished then it would have been pretty sad. To tell you the truth he was beginning to really creep me out cause it was obvious he's turned quite evil no matter how much he loved Rose : (

message 24: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose I KNOW AND I CANT BELIEVE HE DIDNT SAY HE LOVED HER!!!!!!! BUT YOU GUYS WHO HAVE READ IT ADD ME AS A FRIEND AND EMAIL ME CUZ I NEED TO TALK TO PPL WHO HAVE READ IT!!!!!!!

Kassie I finished the book! OMG... it was awesome... and sad, and funny all at the same time!
I loved it, I cant wait May! v

Kirsty may is too long away for my liking :(
they should guve us the first chapter for a new year gift

Kassie Haha, yeah, they should!

message 28: by Tanyata (new)

Tanyata I was Team Dimitri 100% but Dimitris changed. I love how Mead captured that - I went from loving him to being freaked out by him! Though there are a few moments of old Dimitri, new Dimirti has no sense of humanity he really is a monster. I think i've converted to team Adrian, he's unreal in Blood Promise:)

message 29: by Rose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rose aw well i love them both like for me personally its a mix of the two lol

message 30: by Kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris I was totally sad how Dimitri turned out. I was also sad how soon Rose started flirting with Adrian. For some reason I believe that they can save Dimitri but it changed them so much that they aren't going to have the same intensity to their love. One other thought, could that part when Rose is in that dream where Dimitri is saved, be a premonition? All I have to say is that it sounds like she really set up the next two books, and if anyone wants to discuss this farther email me or something.

message 31: by Keagan (new)

Keagan I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BLOOD PROMISE

message 32: by Daniela (new)

Daniela OMG !!! How could Mead leave us with the ending like thatt! I waited so long to read Blood Promise and now im going to go insane waiting for the next book.

But wow what an ending, i would of never thought Abe was her dad and that is was demetri sending the package, i thought it would of been from his family or even Sydney.. Dimitri was the last person i would of thought it of been! There is just so much to think about for the next book and all the stuff t hat is going to/could happen! And im really glad Rose and her mom have become closer and I was a bit sad that Rose and Sydney didnt bond a bit more, i thought they would have. But now with Victor of course being involved again, whats going to happen, there is a good chance he gets out of prison, and a very good chance he goes after Lissa again once he is out. I'm just so anxious to knonw how Rose and Demetri meet up again, if he will go to the Academy or if Rose trys to track him down again, but with Lissa this time!

Ahhh there is so many things to think about!!

Richelle Mead is an amazing writer!!

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Bordignon omg i finally read it due to where i live i couldnt get it till tuesday but i read it n it was awsome!! i hate dimitri for keeping rose hostage n knew she would get away some how.. i kenw abe was her farther from the first time rose met him lol.. i really hope rose stayes with lissa till she graduates n then goes to find dimitri with lissa n then i defintley think that he will some how be saved lol.. n i hate mead for leaving us with that cliff hanger too lol

message 34: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn I don't know how I feel about this one. Part of me still likes Dimitri, but the other rational part of me loathes him. Rose in the middle of the story, when she was a blood whore, really annoyed me.. she isn't a weak character, but here.. just argh. I knew at the end that Dimitri would still be alive, because of the way Mead left there to be an oppurtunity for him to live ["maybe I missed his heart"or whatever she said.:] and the way he kept being mentioned definitely kept the door open for that. Butt all in all, still enjoyed it greatly. I have a feeling that May 18 won't be coming quickly, unfortunately.