Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Goodreads Author profiles needing merging BY GR STAFF pt. 24

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,010 (1010 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45072 comments Mod
New thread.

Reminder: Please only list authors in this topic who need to be merged by a GR staff member. That is, when one of the profiles has been claimed by the GR-member author.

Do not list authors for disambiguation, authors who are deceased, or authors needing merging where neither profile has been claimed.

Posts that do not belong in this thread may be deleted.

Also note: Blank profiles (no books, fans, quotes, etc.) will not be merged. They will be left for the cleanup script.

Please only post the links, and -- if necessary -- additional information we need to understand the reason for the request. Examples of additional information that is useful and fine to include: a link to the author's official website showing all the books in question (especially if they have a common name); note that the books all have [name] on the covers; explanation of why they should be combined even though they are two distinct genres, etc.

Please do not editorialize, comment on other users' behavior, etc. If your request doesn't make sense without such comments, please use the contact link instead of posting in this thread.

Posts that contain such editorializing will be deleted. If you are not sure whether your additional information falls under this criteria, please use the contact link instead of posting in this thread.

message 3: by free (last edited Oct 07, 2018 11:58PM) (new)

free (frdn) | 5201 comments publisher with followers: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 12: by Emy (last edited Oct 08, 2018 08:27AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments Jack G. Bowman M.A. LMFT (Goodreads author) - accreditation
Jack G. Bowman

message 13: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments Shantel Tessier, Unforgettable (followers)
Shantel Tessier (Goodreads author)

message 21: by Melody (last edited Oct 08, 2018 10:38AM) (new)

message 27: by Melody (new)

message 37: by Shoney (new)

Shoney K. (shoneyk) | 3 comments I'm having a problem with linking two of my books to me. I noticed that it's attached to a profile similar to mine. The names are smelled the same but the K has an (.) and it's not allowing me to claim my books. The two books I'm trying to claim is For The Love of Money by Shoney K and The Loyal Ones by Shoney K & Aleta Williams. My profile is Shoney K not Shoney K.

message 38: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5036 comments Re #37 above

Shoney K.
Shoney K

message 39: by Shoney (new)

Shoney K. (shoneyk) | 3 comments Emy wrote: "Re #37 above

Shoney K.
Shoney K"

Yes these are the profiles I'm speaking in reference to. All books should be under Shoney K not Shoney K(.) And because of the (.) I'm not able to claim my books.

message 40: by Sofia (last edited Oct 08, 2018 01:37PM) (new)

Sofia (sofi__cm) | 413 comments Mod
Shoney wrote: "Emy wrote: "Re #37 above

Shoney K.
Shoney K"

Yes these are the profiles I'm speaking in reference to. All books should be under Shoney K not Shoney K(.) And bec..."

Unfortunately, per the Librarian Manual, if an author uses initials in their name, the initials need to be marked with a period. In this case, you will have to be listed as "Shoney K."

message 41: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofi__cm) | 413 comments Mod
Should be complete up to #39

message 42: by Shoney (new)

Shoney K. (shoneyk) | 3 comments Thank you

message 49: by Ayshe (last edited Oct 09, 2018 12:54AM) (new)

Ayshe | 3069 comments https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... - needs periods (or reverting to the previous name - 'Karthik L.')

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.