The Next Best Book Club discussion

39 views
Newbies Corner > AAAHHHH, this is my kind of place

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debi (new)

Debi | 2 comments Hello, I'm Debi. I'm just looking for a good book to read over this summer, well, late summer actually. I have a feeling that this group will do me well. I love it when I go into a bookstore intending to buy a present for one of my daughter's and come out with five books that are all for me. I think this is the right kind of place for me.


Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) Give my favorite a try: Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.


message 3: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Hi Debi! Welcome.

May I recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - it's a fast-paced, awesome book.


message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hello Debi and Welcome!
One of my recent favorites is 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson


message 5: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) Suzanne wrote: "Hello Debi and Welcome!
One of my recent favorites is 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson"


Seconded!


message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Debi! I would suggest A Certain Slant Of Light. Its very beautifully written :)


message 7: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to the group, Debi! A couple of my recent faves are Motherless Brooklyn and The Gargoyle. I'm sure you'll get TONS more recommendations here! :)


message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (signgirlamy) | 32 comments Susanna wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "Hello Debi and Welcome!
One of my recent favorites is 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson"

Seconded!"


Thirded?!




message 9: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) Jessica wrote: "Welcome to the group, Debi! A couple of my recent faves are Motherless Brooklyn and The Gargoyle. I'm sure you'll get TONS more recommendations here! :)"

Oh, I must second Motherless Brooklyn!


message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10025 comments Mod
Hi Debi, welcome and trust me, there is no shortage to the wonderful new books you will be introduced to here!


back to top