Stephen King 2019 read-along discussion

The Tommyknockers
This topic is about The Tommyknockers
October 2018 Discussions > It's OCTOBER my favorite month of the year!!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Chung (BingeReader19) | 84 comments Mod
Hello all!!! I'm a few days late, sorry about that. This month is Tommyknockers! A Sci-fi/Alien book. I don't know anything about this one. I do know that my edition is basically 1,000 pages and so I've split this book up into 2 months. This is also good for us slow pokes who haven't finished previous books. I'm still working on Pet Sematary and Night Shift. Anyone else???? XD

Tommyknockers was a t.v. mini-series in 1993 (2 episodes) I couldn't find it on Amazon Prime....probably will have to borrow it from Netflix.

Have you guys been keeping up with the King movie adaptations? Which one has been your favorite so far?

message 2: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine (KizzieReads) (Kizzie48) | 1 comments I will be joining in this month, as I have been so wanting to reread it and over 2 months should be good since I've been so busy lately. :D

message 3: by Kimberly (new) - added it

Kimberly | 32 comments This book is good so far. I'm reading about 15 pages a day and I should have it finished by the end of november doing it that way. I am also still reading pet sematary and really enjoying that one. If I didn't think it would freak me out so much i'd finish it tonight. I've also been watching all the movies right after finishing the book which has been a fun experience.

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) (BMReviewsohmy) | 1 comments New here and I haven't read Tommyknockers since I was a teen a looong time ago...lol. So I am going to jump in and read this one since it's split between two months...lol. :) I am a slow poke reader. :)

Ashley Smith | 47 comments For the people who are re-reading this, please tell me it picks up soon. I'm about a hundred pages in and it is dragging so bad :(

Ashley Smith | 47 comments Ashley wrote: "For the people who are re-reading this, please tell me it picks up soon. I'm about a hundred pages in and it is dragging so bad :("

Nevermind, I hit the 200 page mark and now I'm really liking it :)

message 7: by Melissa (new) - added it

Christine wrote: "I will be joining in this month, as I have been so wanting to reread it and over 2 months should be good since I've been so busy lately. :D"

Did you start it? I'm definitely going to have to roll it over through December as well.

message 8: by Melissa (new) - added it

Kimberly wrote: "This book is good so far. I'm reading about 15 pages a day and I should have it finished by the end of november doing it that way. I am also still reading pet sematary and really enjoying that one...."

Me too! I keep dragging ass on Pet Sematary because I think it's going to be super scary. Now that I'm at the end with only like 50 pages left....I'm realizing like usual my scare-meter is pretty high and the book is fine lol.

I'll be starting Tommyknockers hopefully this week.

message 9: by Melissa (new) - added it

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) wrote: "New here and I haven't read Tommyknockers since I was a teen a looong time ago...lol. So I am going to jump in and read this one since it's split between two months...lol. :) I am a slow poke reade..."

Yay. How's it going so far? I'm a slow poke reader as well ;)

message 10: by Melissa (new) - added it

Ashley wrote: "Ashley wrote: "For the people who are re-reading this, please tell me it picks up soon. I'm about a hundred pages in and it is dragging so bad :("

Nevermind, I hit the 200 page mark and now I'm re..."

YAY i'm glad you said something Ashley I'm the same way when it comes to books and I don't need anymore graveyard books on my shelves. I need to pick up the pace and read them all. (This sentence sounds stupid. I'm glad you said the first 100 pages are boring. I'll keep that in mind for when I start this week.)

Ashley Smith | 47 comments I still haven't finished it lol. I'm enjoying it while I'm reading it, but once I put it down I'm really having to force myself to pick it up again. Vicious cycle, lol.