Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hi! :D

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new)

Mia Hi,

I'm Mia. I'm from Pittsburgh in the states and I've come to the conclusion I'm not ever growing out of YA novels. My favorite genre is sci-fi/fantasy and I've discovered some wonderful gems in the YA section of the genre. Right now I'm reading A Great And Terrible Beauty (I'm in love. I'm only halfway through it and I can't wait to read the second one), Inverted World (Very interesting, I've never read a world quite like this one.), and Orphan's Tale by Catheryn Valente (I'm also listening to her online novel, which I highly recommend. http://www.catherynnemvalente.com/fai...).

I can't wait to discuss these and all the other great books everyone is reading.

message 2: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 274 comments Hi Mia, and welcome.

lol Right not I'm reading The Sweet Far Thing, and seriously, it's the best book in the trilogy so far. I love it!

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (librarymom23) Hi Mia! I just started the book, "When You Reach Me, " By Rebecca Stead

message 4: by Mia (new)

Mia @Fiona - Not me! I figure the longer I do things that are supposed to be for kids, the longer I can trick my brain into thinking it's not actually getting older.

@Bhumi - I am so in love with this book right now I can't even imagine the series getting better. I might have a heart attack from all the giddy.

@Brenda - Start by pulling at my heart strings, add mystery and the possibility of the supernatural, and end with implied tragedy, it's the perfect book description. I'm going to put it in my to-read list. You have to let me know what you think of it.