Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

GENIUS INTELLIGENCE: Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ (The Underground Knowledge Series #1)
This topic is about GENIUS INTELLIGENCE
Secret methods to increase IQ > Brain gland activation

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James, Group Founder (last edited Jun 13, 2017 02:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Excerpt from The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy:

Activating dormant brain glands is another technique used inside the Pedemont Orphanage.

All individuals have a certain amount of dormant or underutilized brain areas. Every human brain ever mapped scientifically has shown at least some inactive cells and neurons. This area of neuroscience, especially concerning little known brain glands, may hold the answer as to why we only use such a small percentage of our brains.

As we wrote in The Orphan Factory: “Rare earth magnets were embedded inside each helmet for the purpose of activating certain brain glands. Glands that were dormant in the average person.”

Neuromagnetic helmets and similar brain stimulation technologies are not just confined to the realms of fiction.

Transcranial direct current stimulation, or TDCS, is a brain stimulation technique. It’s carried out by applying a helmet or cap to the individual’s head. TDCS targets specific parts of the brain with low voltage electrical currents. This allows for the alteration of electrical states of neurons in targeted areas of the brain.

TDCS is in its infancy, but early studies have shown it enhances motor skills, memory recall and concentration. As a result, the US military now employs TDCS to assist fighter pilots, snipers and other personnel.

Transcranial magnetic stimulation, or TMS, is a similar non-invasive brain enhancement technology except it uses magnets instead of electricity. TMS’s magnetic fields are capable of altering neurons in targeted areas of the brain.

Neuromagnetic helmets and similar devices have been nicknamed ‘zap caps’ and preliminary studies show they have the potential to improve brain function in numerous ways.

"With the help of virtual reality and biofeedback technologies, the orphans were taught how to guide their minds to reach certain brain frequencies – like Alpha, Theta and Delta – at will. The purpose of slipping into these particular frequencies was to allow the right brain to take over, as opposed to the left-brained consciousness dominant in most people. Whenever the orphans needed to access their higher intelligences, they would enter a daydream and simply intuit the answers. That way, they could bypass thinking, and just know. Within the Omega family, intuition was favored over logical thought patterns." –The Ninth Orphan

The Ninth Orphan (The Orphan Trilogy, #1) by James Morcan The Orphan Factory (The Orphan Trilogy, #2) by James Morcan The Orphan Uprising (The Orphan Trilogy, #3) by James Morcan The Orphan Trilogy (The Orphan Trilogy #1-3) by James Morcan The Orphan Conspiracies 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy by James Morcan

message 2: by James, Group Founder (last edited Mar 16, 2017 03:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Excerpt from GENIUS INTELLIGENCE: Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ:

Important and often dormant, semi-dormant or else underutilized brain glands and surrounding areas include fairly well known ones like the pineal gland. This powerful gland, which has been known about since ancient times, is said to be highly developed in persons of high intellect and produces the serotonin-derived hormone melatonin.

Less reported glands and interrelated areas of the brain include the pituitary (nicknamed the body’s master gland and controls most other hormone-secreting glands), the thalamus (necessary for planning and decision-making), the amygdala (which can bypass thought and instantly react), the hippocampus (one of the only areas of the brain where neurogenesis or the birthing of new neurons can occur) and the hypothalamus (crucial for memory and learning).

In The Orphan Trilogy we show how all these parts of the brain can be stimulated into activity in a variety of ways, including magnetism.

In a BBC news article dated July 22, 2014, TDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation) is explored in relation to making sleep-learning possible. “In the near future, technology may offer further ways of upgrading the brain’s sleep cycles. Memory consolidation is thought to occur during specific, slow, oscillations of electrical activity, so the idea here is to subtly encourage those brain waves without waking the subject.

“Jan Born, at the University of Tubingen,” the article continues, “has been at the forefront of these experiments. In 2004, he found that he could help amplify those signals using transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), which passes a small electric current across the skull, successfully improving his subjects’ performance on a verbal memory test.”

In 2013, several TDCS inventions became commercially available to the public for the first time.

GENIUS INTELLIGENCE Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ (The Underground Knowledge Series, #1) by James Morcan

message 3: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Leading UK newspaper The Guardian ran an article on February 5, 2014 with the heading ‘Can an electronic headset make you a better video gamer?’

The article mentioned a specific device that “uses the principles of tDCS – transcranial direct current stimulation – sending a small current of between 0.8 and 2.0mA through the prefrontal cortex through electrodes positioned on your forehead.”

Although the technology is still in its infancy, many video gamers all over the world are reporting better mental concentration and better performance. This bodes well for other types of mental exercises – like academic study, for example – especially as the TDCS devices become more honed.

message 4: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Another article that ran in The Guardian nicely summarized a recent scientific study that proves Transcranial magnetic stimulation's (or TMS) positive influences on the brain.

The August 2014 article states that “memory can be boosted by using a magnetic field to stimulate part of the brain, a study has shown. The effect lasts at least 24 hours after the stimulation is given, improving the ability of volunteers to remember words linked to photos of faces.”

The Guardian article quotes Dr Joel Voss, from Northwestern University in Chicago, as saying: “We show for the first time that you can specifically change memory functions of the brain in adults without surgery or drugs, which have not proven effective. This non-invasive stimulation improves the ability to learn new things.”

Studies also show that TMS can specifically stimulate the hippocampus, which oversees and directs the entire brain including activation of crucial brain glands.

Formerly it was believed the hippocampus was too deeply embedded in the brain to be stimulated directly by TMS. However, scientists have recently discovered the hippocampus can be stimulated indirectly via connected brain structures within the reach of TMS’ magnetic fields.

message 5: by James, Group Founder (last edited Feb 24, 2015 04:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments For anyone interested in TDCS (transcranial direct current stimulation) products, I've recently begun using The Brain Stimulator device and recommend it: https://thebrainstimulator.net/

The Brain Stimulator was recently featured on ABC Nightline: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video...

message 6: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Naim wrote: "Interesting. A very large component, if not the defining factor of Ashtanga Yoga, is the use of subconscious mind in meditation. Simply, the subconscious mind controls the body, so if one controls ..."

Totally agree - advanced Yoga (especially as practiced by senior Yogis) naturally activates virtually all of the brain including all the brain glands. Which probably explains why Yogis have repeatedly been able to achieve mental and physical feats in laboratory experiments that science says are unlikely or impossible.

Matt Tobin (mt4b3n) Such as the following study on magnetically-induced changes in the production of neurohormones serotonin and melatonin:

"[In the early 1980s], a group under Indian biophysicist Sarada Subrahmanyam reported that the human EEG (electroencephalogram) not only responded to the micropulsations [of 0.025 volts per centimeter pulsing at 10 hertz], but responded differently depending on which way the subject's head was facing in relation to the earth's magnetic field. Oddly enough, however, the head direction had no effect if the subject was a yogi."

The affected part of the brain was the pineal gland, or the seat of the "third eye" of yogic mysticism (correct me if I'm wrong there, Naim). It astounds me that they can possess such control over parts of their brain to the extent that they actually resist the effect of magnetic fields.

What other things might we be capable of if only we had the knowledge or inclination?

message 8: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 477 comments Maybe we should have compulsory yoga instruction for school children like in the first half hour after school commences in the morning.

message 9: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 1935 comments Laureen wrote: "Maybe we should have compulsory yoga instruction for school children like in the first half hour after school commences in the morning."

And PT/physical training, too, Laureen as I understand there's a good case to be made for exercise generally, even walking, activating the brain and boosting intelligence. Even Einstein, a regular walker, acknowledged this.

message 10: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 477 comments Yes, I agree, but I thought they already had sports days. PT is good for those who are not into sports. I can remember exercising with timber rods, twirling them and moving to music when I went to school many years ago. It's a pity walking to school is now considered dangerous.

Teachers won't appreciate having too much interruption to their full day of subject teaching but I thought 30mins of calmness doing yoga may in fact help our teachers and put the kids into a better learning state of mind.

message 11: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments 30 mins of Yoga would make kids smarter
yoga holds a lot of secrets for the brain
And for those who don't know, Yoga is a lot more than stretches, postures and physical exercises

message 12: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Tobin (mt4b3n) It sure is. James, do you proscribe to any particular branch of yoga, or take a more general interest and/or practice of it?

message 13: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Various Matt, but specifically Yogic methods that activate the mid-brain such as Dr Pillai's methods whose techniques you can find on YouTube
Try to find Yogis who are teaching methods rather than yoga teachers as Yogis know best!
Also check out the yoga post in this section of the group
In general, India holds a lot of secrets regarding activating dormant parts of the brain

message 14: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 477 comments Yes, I have been trying to find an authentic yoga teacher who has classes that fit in with a busy work schedule. I do not want a class that teaches all that modern crap like "hot" yoga which is more of a physical fast paced work-out.

message 15: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Laureen wrote: "Yes, I have been trying to find an authentic yoga teacher who has classes that fit in with a busy work schedule. I do not want a class that teaches all that modern crap like "hot" yoga which is mo..."

"an authentic yoga teacher" = a very hard thing to find (in my opinion)!

message 16: by Laureen (new)

Laureen (laureenandersonswfcomau) | 477 comments James Morcan wrote: "Laureen wrote: "Yes, I have been trying to find an authentic yoga teacher who has classes that fit in with a busy work schedule. I do not want a class that teaches all that modern crap like "hot" ..."

I know of one close to where I work but classes are outside my availability times. Brisbane.yogaindailylife.org.au

message 17: by James, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

James Morcan | 6943 comments Matt wrote: "The affected part of the brain was the pineal gland, or the seat of the "third eye" of yogic mysticism (correct me if I'm wrong there, Naim). It astounds me that they can possess such control over parts of their brain to the extent that they actually resist the effect of magnetic fields.

What other things might we be capable of if only we had the knowledge or inclination?
..."

Yeah, those Yogis, not to be confused with 99.999% of modern Yoga teachers in the West, seem to defy science and are a real mystery...

message 18: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 1935 comments The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life by Robert O. Becker M.D. and Gary Selden

Excerpt from Page 249: "Recently a group under Indian biophysicist Sarada Subrahmanyam reported that the human EEG not only responded to the micropulsations, but responded differently depending on which way the subject's head was facing in relation to the earth's field. Oddly enough, however, the head direction had no effect if the subject was a yogi."

The Body Electric Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life by Robert O. Becker